Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES FOR SATURDAY 16th OCTOBER & CORNWA;; INTERMEDIATE CUP

Newquay Academy 1 Foxhole 3

Plymouth Marjon 3 Roche 2

St Minver v St Cleer.  (Match abandoned after 60 minutes by referee when score was 3-3)

St Newlyn East 6 St Blazey 2

St Teath 1 Torpoint Athletic 2

Cornwall Intermediate Cup Second Round 

Gunnislake 4 Perranwell 1

Altarnun 6 Polperro 2 (AET)

Went  and wached the Newquay Academy vs Foxhole all stars this afternoon in a pretty 1 sided match with men against boys really FOXHOLE winning 3-1 in a deserved win dont know the players except Foxholes Angel Coates who scored Foxholes 3rd goal from a corner hes too good for this league i saw him play for St Dennis and he was good there now hes playing in a lower league . I dont like o be too critical of Newquay where slower to the ball than Foxhole and not many players i could pick out who could play in the 1st team thought no7 was good in the 1st half Foxholes2nd goal was a error by the Newquay goalie when he should of knocked the ball over the ball instead palmed the ball into his own goal thought the ref had a good game as well as the linesman . Mom for Newquay no7 for me and for Foxhole no15 range of passing was good and covered every bit of the pitch . Back to watching the G next 2 matches then the biggy down Bodmin where Falmouth are playing in the Cup 

1 hour ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Very interested to hear what happened between St Minver vs St Cleer. Match abandoned by the referee after a St Cleer manager/player refused to leave the field of play after a red card? Score 3-3 at the time.

Odd one.. accounts differ depending on who you ask and on which side of the fence you sit, but this is how I saw it.

Player/Manager had previously been sin binned for something they believed to be fairly innocuous, not too sure of the exact offence.

Early in the second half there was a further disagreement between the ref and Player/Manager whilst he was inactive on the sideline, he was cautioned for his troubles. After laughing at the ref and some further chit chat the yellow was upgraded to a red.
Offending player refused to leave despite numerous requests and from what I could hear was using some fairly antagonising language towards the ref (not swearing I might add, but it looked confrontational). From there game was abandoned.

15 hours ago, AVFC4 said:

Odd one.. accounts differ depending on who you ask and on which side of the fence you sit, but this is how I saw it.

Player/Manager had previously been sin binned for something they believed to be fairly innocuous, not too sure of the exact offence.

Early in the second half there was a further disagreement between the ref and Player/Manager whilst he was inactive on the sideline, he was cautioned for his troubles. After laughing at the ref and some further chit chat the yellow was upgraded to a red.
Offending player refused to leave despite numerous requests and from what I could hear was using some fairly antagonising language towards the ref (not swearing I might add, but it looked confrontational). From there game was abandoned.

Total abhorrent disgrace. St Cleer need book thrown at them and a hefty fine. None of this "move on" crap otherwise it repeats every weekend.