Cornwall Football Forum

17 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I have heard a rumour as well about another Newquay player could be going to Falmouth and its not Orlando its Louis Price who set up a lot more goals for JBE than Orlando ,dont think Orlando is good enough for Falmouth ,but i think Louis would do well there 

Great result for the G tonight Steve ! 👍

Brilliant against a Dobwalls team who put 6 past Blazey ,G on the way up the table now and should get maximum points in next 2 games Vs Penryn and Penzance both at home .Adam and Josh doing a great job at the G .I see ex G Goalie Dale England now at Bodmin and i see he wa mom in last 2 games he was a hell of a good goalie but young Ollie is growing in confidence in goal at the G .See you at a ground soon Mattelot 

I would also say Orlando is on the way out as well but it wont be to Falmouth higher than that ,Orlando is a brilliant watched him every home game when he was picked picked more now JBE has left but Orlando tries to be to clever for his own good with his step overs and dribbling then some big defender flattens him .Hope Matty Walker doesnt leave the G hes a great player out on the wing 

Good  you and Josh have got a real good team there strong in defence good midfield  just need a  regular goalscorer think i will be watching 1 this weekend when Newquay Academy play Foxhole All Stars they got a striker called Tyler Cheshire who scores lots  of goals he would look good at the G not saying Gav Perraton and Jaron McCartney are bad players but they are not going to score los of goals 

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I have heard a rumour as well about another Newquay player could be going to Falmouth and its not Orlando its Louis Price who set up a lot more goals for JBE than Orlando ,dont think Orlando is good enough for Falmouth ,but i think Louis would do well there 

Louis Price top player for me he ran Sticker ragged when Newquay played us!

Dane proper fuming. Apparently this Orlando fella was all keen on Saltash  and meeting the lads at training tonight until Steve Massey swooped offering riches beyond the young mans dreams (paid holidays , years worth of just eat takeaways , a signing on fee that would make Ronaldo eye water.  
the was  even a rumour the Saudi  looked at buying helston last week but once they saw Massey bank balance they couldn’t afford it so moved onto Newcastle. 
Good luck to the lads earning all  this money but at some point it’s all going to cause issues . 

Dane was gazumped with Massey waving the £ notes Orlando will have to cut out the fancy dribbling and step overs in that league or he will get the shit kicked out of him i dont think hes good enough for a higher league i reckon he will be back .Doesnt seem any loyaylty anymore in the game anymore he promised to sign for Saltash and was going to be training with them and Him the bloke i dont like cave waving wads of cash around and hes gone to Helston dirty trick really 

Money talks. And that's what these players do, go where they can get an extra fiver or well in this case probably a big signing on fee and over a hundred a game. 

Helston paying all that money, yet performances haven't proved to reflect it. Losing 3 goal margins, dropping points to teams with near on zero budget. The amount they are paying they should be walking league. Not saying they're doing bad because they're not, but the standard isn't much better than SWPL, bare a few teams. I still think Helston will be up there come end of season though. 

Be a good test the weekend vs bitton. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Dane was gazumped with Massey waving the £ notes Orlando will have to cut out the fancy dribbling and step overs in that league or he will get the shit kicked out of him i dont think hes good enough for a higher league i reckon he will be back .Doesnt seem any loyaylty anymore in the game anymore he promised to sign for Saltash and was going to be training with them and Him the bloke i dont like cave waving wads of cash around and hes gone to Helston dirty trick really 

Was he associated with Aldershot as a youngster? Another forward thinking player for Helston to add to their already star studded squad, you wonder if other clubs might take a look at the players who aren't in the starting line up (or don't even get a seat on the bench) and think about a cheeky little 7 day approach. 

I know that Steve Massey is of the opinion that if quality players become available, then you go and get them and then worry about how to fit them in, but what does he bring to Helston that they don't have currently? Probably one for the expert on all football matters in the town of Newquay, 100% Cornish.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Was he associated with Aldershot as a youngster? Another forward thinking player for Helston to add to their already star studded squad, you wonder if other clubs might take a look at the players who aren't in the starting line up (or don't even get a seat on the bench) and think about a cheeky little 7 day approach. 

I know that Steve Massey is of the opinion that if quality players become available, then you go and get them and then worry about how to fit them in, but what does he bring to Helston that they don't have currently? Probably one for the expert on all football matters in the town of Newquay, 100% Cornish.

Unfortunately, having a lot of knowledge doesn’t make you an expert. You need good judgement as well for that. Sorry Steve, couldn’t resist.

Hes only a young lad and i dont think hes up to it playing in a tough league like the Western .I seen Orlando lots of times and hes greedy on the ball at times instead of passing he decides to take on another player .Orlando was on the books of Aldershot dont think he got in the 1st team . Wish him all the best at his new club Helston i bet he will be back playing for Newquay before the end of the season i think the travelling will get him down the boy Woods  went back to Liskeard after he went to Saltash to play in a higher league and i was told it was because of the travelling ,i think a lot of players think the same they are working lads and they certainly dont want to come home from work then got to go upcountry to play on a wet cold night cant blame them for staying where they are but some will see the £signs lighting up and wont mind the travelling 

24 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Hes only a young lad and i dont think hes up to it playing in a tough league like the Western .I seen Orlando lots of times and hes greedy on the ball at times instead of passing he decides to take on another player .Orlando was on the books of Aldershot dont think he got in the 1st team . Wish him all the best at his new club Helston i bet he will be back playing for Newquay before the end of the season i think the travelling will get him down the boy Woods  went back to Liskeard after he went to Saltash to play in a higher league and i was told it was because of the travelling ,i think a lot of players think the same they are working lads and they certainly dont want to come home from work then got to go upcountry to play on a wet cold night cant blame them for staying where they are but some will see the £signs lighting up and wont mind the travelling 

Ain't majority of the players in the western and swpl just drop outs from Pro clubs. And tbf majority don't look any better than the local talent in fact look worse due to not being able to cut it physically normally. 

Also if Orlando is doing well in the swpl he will easily do well in Western, people need to stop thinking its a huge step up when it isn't. 

Aldershot lol we are hardly talking Barcelona . I’m sure if you  speak to 90 per cent of the local players  they have a yarn to tell of playing or on the books of a pro club 

means nothing in this standard of football on a wet miserable midweek night in Bristol getting kicked lumps out of you. 

Orlando will do well higher, he’s used to it. Craig has done well at Newquay to bring in so many players, Orlando, Whipp, Ashton, Cooper and Moxham have been excellent this season and all new signings. They wouldn’t have gone on that winning run without these additions. It’s a shame that once the team Craig put together starting doing well then all the other clubs starting coming after players. I hear more of the Newquay team are on the way to other clubs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 21:29, 100%cornish said:

Price to Falmouth done deal…. Can you confirm 100%? Thought he should’ve gone to Helston or one of the others. 

5 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Dont really know if Price has gone to Falmouth havnt been to Newquay for a few weeks been watching the G , but i had heard he was going there in a deal which would bring Falmouth player to Newquay 

I’ve had it confirmed from my boy Price and one other have left not sure where though

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Ryan Chinn has already been transferred to Newquay - it was on the last League news produced.

As for Louis Price - it could well be the club down west - Mousehole I reckon.

That would be good move for Price teams crumbled since they had that good run. Feel for NQY they were doing well till Orlando & JBE left and they’ve not had the GK for over a month now heard Price Moxham and Ashton all leaving. 

19 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

That would be good move for Price teams crumbled since they had that good run. Feel for NQY they were doing well till Orlando & JBE left and they’ve not had the GK for over a month now heard Price Moxham and Ashton all leaving. 

Think 100% has previously posted on here about fearing other clubs would raid Newquay.

2 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

He did. I also said about mid September after their 7 game winning run there’s no way they’ll keep this squad. They won’t have many players left now surely?

Newquay still have a decent starting 11 but not great depth, they will never struggle to put a team out because of their reserve & strong youth setup (hence why they produce top youngsters so often).

jbe leaving will be a miss along with Louis price as they get you goals, Orlando hardly got a game for Newquay and I think a few were surprised when he got a move up a division. Lowry will still gets goals, however, if one or two get injuries they will struggle. Still have one of the lowest budgets and are doing ok this season, hopefully can get a 1/2 players in and carry on.

Can’t really comment on Orlando - he was a sub every time I saw Newquay and whilst technically good when he came on was very ‘side to side’ - bit like Carne. 

Louis - totally different, fast direct and powerful, something Mousehole lack (IMO) - a really good fit there. 

Louis / JBE and Orlando we those who made the goals for Lowry (the times I have seen them) - so not certain about him being a front man without support - great player but must just be starting to feel his age  

Big loses for Newquay - be interested to see who they get in - testing time for the team and manager though - Good luck to them. 

Dont know whats going on at Newquay something not right there heard from my old friend from St Austell who i spent many a hours talking to while we had Radiotherapy together ,he told me 2 other Newquay players on the way out Ashton to Bodmin and Moxham back to Saltash . Be interesting what team have out against Liskeard on Saturday it will be a tough game . Hope Newquay dont go back to the G and pinch some of there players like they did in the past .Newquay wiill miss Louis and Jack, ORLANDO not so much because he never player a lot and i was told he has only gone to Helston to stop another manager from signing him .Looking forward to watching Newquay take on a very talented Liskeard team without the injured James Lorenz which is a shame because hes a great player i hope he travels with the team because i want to get a photo of him ,i have heard Plymouth are keeping a eye on a Liskeard player called Mullis . Ok have a good week everyone hope to see some friendly faces at Mt Wise this Saturday  

On 09/11/2021 at 10:32, 100%cornish said:

Dont know whats going on at Newquay something not right there heard from my old friend from St Austell who i spent many a hours talking to while we had Radiotherapy together ,he told me 2 other Newquay players on the way out Ashton to Bodmin and Moxham back to Saltash . Be interesting what team have out against Liskeard on Saturday it will be a tough game . Hope Newquay dont go back to the G and pinch some of there players like they did in the past .Newquay wiill miss Louis and Jack, ORLANDO not so much because he never player a lot and i was told he has only gone to Helston to stop another manager from signing him .Looking forward to watching Newquay take on a very talented Liskeard team without the injured James Lorenz which is a shame because hes a great player i hope he travels with the team because i want to get a photo of him ,i have heard Plymouth are keeping a eye on a Liskeard player called Mullis . Ok have a good week everyone hope to see some friendly faces at Mt Wise this Saturday  

confirmed from Newquay Ashton going to Bodmin and Moxham chose Falmouth over Saltash. Really hope Newquay bounce back from this, shame to see what’s happened after a good start to season. Orlando, JBE and price all getting on well since tho.

1 hour ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

confirmed from Newquay Ashton going to Bodmin and Moxham chose Falmouth over Saltash. Really hope Newquay bounce back from this, shame to see what’s happened after a good start to season. Orlando, JBE and price all getting on well since tho.

Strange one moxham going to Falmouth.. Will he even play? Everytime I've seen him play he's bang average, didn't he give Saltash ago not long back and he barely started so now he's decided to move to another club I can't really see him playing much. No loyalty in the game no more, although looks like he's leaving a club on the decline. 

1 hour ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Who confirmed Ashton was going to Bodmin? 🤔

Bodmin supporters said Ashton was going to Bodmin dont think he will hes a great goalie hope he stays at Newquay , Newquay got 2 of there old players back Jacob Grange who i thought was doing well at Wendron and also Harry Tilson ,not quite big signings but will see what Newquay do on Saturday against a very talented Liskeard team 

• 2 weeks later...

Loyalty has certainly gone from local football seems like as soon as money is mentioned the player is gone like a shot ,Like here at Newquay have lost so many players and been informed they have lost another 1 who has gone to St Blazey ,at least Harry Ashton is staying he told me he loves it at Newquay and will not leave the club at least hes going to stay loyal i suppose he will be off now .Pity the player who is leaving Newquay to go to Blazey i think hes a good player but he doesnt seem to settle with 1 club for very long .I wrote name the player but i expect Paul will name him for you before long ,this player is a good defender .

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Loyalty has certainly gone from local football seems like as soon as money is mentioned the player is gone like a shot ,Like here at Newquay have lost so many players and been informed they have lost another 1 who has gone to St Blazey ,at least Harry Ashton is staying he told me he loves it at Newquay and will not leave the club at least hes going to stay loyal i suppose he will be off now .Pity the player who is leaving Newquay to go to Blazey i think hes a good player but he doesnt seem to settle with 1 club for very long .I wrote name the player but i expect Paul will name him for you before long ,this player is a good defender .

Who gone now whipp or Cooper? This is a bit of a laughing stock now I went to watch Helston Saturday and it sounds like they’re still after more players even when they sign players and don’t even play them, they would’ve been better to stay rather than warm a bench. Hope Ashton, Shepard, Fallens and co do stay loyal very unfair on the Newquay management if more leaves 

20 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Who gone now whipp or Cooper? This is a bit of a laughing stock now I went to watch Helston Saturday and it sounds like they’re still after more players even when they sign players and don’t even play them, they would’ve been better to stay rather than warm a bench. Hope Ashton, Shepard, Fallens and co do stay loyal very unfair on the Newquay management if more leaves 

Think clubs better get used to it - the more clubs that get promoted, the more players will be cherry-picked from lower leagues to create the larger squads needed. 

Cornish football fan, Joe Cooper joins St Blazey , Orlando would of been better off staying at Newquay hes only been a sub at Helston i suppose with the money hes getting he doesnt care . Got talking to a old friend i had Radiotherapy with he said he heard from someone who knows Neil Warnock he would be interesting in becoming Bodmuns manager if Darren Gilbert leaves Bodmin at the end of the season i think Warnock could take over at Bodmin its not like he needs the money he cant be short of a bob or 2