Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City’s pathetic crowds

16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Have they physically started on site?

The pitch would have had to have been laid by now to give it any chance of establishing for next season!

If they had made any realistic progress, Cornwall live and all the other clickbait organisations would be all over it.

Been going on far too long, my guess is that it will not happen, or at least in a non-satisfactory way if it does.

Entry price a contributory factor imo. Comparison prices - FA Trophy v Cirencester tonight £13, £8 concessions £8 students, £4 U12's. Parkway last Saturday v Merthyr  - same competition, same ground, same view, same bar prices, teams from same 2 leagues (1 Southern Prem, 1 Southern Div 1) £9, £7 concessions, £6 10-16's U9 free. Chuck in Argyle's Papa Johns Trophy game tonight v Arsenal U21's £10, £8 O65's, £7 U23's £5 U18's £3 U12's U8's free with paying adult and there you have it. I rest my case. Might get a few more tonight as a few of the Parkway faithful will probably turn up to run the rule over their next Saturday's opponents. 

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

In the Falmouth packet today...no money from the government for the stadium. 

EDIT: I've just read something about it in the Truro Voice. That article was originally posted on Cornwall Live website.

At least it'll give the rivals, and other haters, a chuckle or two.

12 hours ago, Tractor Boy said:

For info: Declared attendance for Cirencester game 102. Estimate around 20 Parkway regulars, a few from Cirencester, a few complimentaries no doubt. Do the sums. Also led to believe 18 on the free coach from Truro. 

On the plus side, at least social distancing was easy to maintain on the coach...

On 11/10/2021 at 14:08, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Remember when TCFC played at Treyew they did attract healthy crowds of 300 / 500 plus per game, better than Falmouth are getting now, so if ever they come back to Truro maybe they can do it again.

It would have to be their own ground though as if it was into a 6,000 seater stadium the atmosphere would kill them...there would be none.

Not better crowds than we are getting now at Falmouth Dave. And we have only just begun, we have a load more F-troop ideas to increase crowds further. 575 & 545 crowds at our last 2 home games and that's without counting the under 10's which would put another 70 to 100 on those figures. You just got to accept it Bakes,  Falmouth Town Football Club are back on the up, Cornwalls biggest and most successful football club are back on the up after years in the doldrums. Bickland Park is unrivalled, i look at what Helston and Truro have and feel blessed to be a Falmouth Town supporter.

Why not come along to our next home fixture and enjoy some banter with me and Beardy lol. Take care mate x 

Whilst crowds of 3-400 are considered to be a good turnout, it's still a struggle to be able to cover all the overheads involved in running a football club, and if the volunteer fraternity in the majority of clubs didn't exist, the club would soon be non existant.
There was a time when a crowd 200-300 was the norm rather than the exception, but those days have long gone and the majority of volunteers at all levels offer their services F.O.C. because of their love of the game or their club.
When the current volume of volunteers step down, for the sake of local football, it's to be hoped that they will be replaced by like minded people.
Perish the thought but clubs would not be able to fund the outlay required to sustain the level of payment to the players who it appears need the money to pay their mortages.

53 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Not better crowds than we are getting now at Falmouth Dave. And we have only just begun, we have a load more F-troop ideas to increase crowds further. 575 & 545 crowds at our last 2 home games and that's without counting the under 10's which would put another 70 to 100 on those figures. You just got to accept it Bakes,  Falmouth Town Football Club are back on the up, Cornwalls biggest and most successful football club are back on the up after years in the doldrums. Bickland Park is unrivalled, i look at what Helston and Truro have and feel blessed to be a Falmouth Town supporter.

Why not come along to our next home fixture and enjoy some banter with me and Beardy lol. Take care mate x 

Yes Jeff, you are doing very well at this time,  I posted that over a month ago and two healthy local derbies on a Friday night have swelled your numbers...I'll keep saying it...well done from me.

Truro did attract good crowds (if the numbers were true) and could well do again, ourselves we do not charge or count youngsters in our figures either...I don't think many do?

We had 120 watching our last home game, a very healthy crowd for us with no other costs other than the officials. 

Me stand in the middle of a bunch of noisy old men having a second youth...lol

Don't think so, Rynner supporter forever, same as you and town, unlike others I will not be changing my allegiance for a Saturday afternoon disco, carnival, or whatever people choose to call that rabble...lol.

But. I'll say it again, you all enjoy it and the best of luck from me.

I will do as I've always done, pop out to Bickland when there's nothing else on, see you bums next time I'm out there.

Cheers buddy, and to that daft sod beardy...lol.

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes Jeff, you are doing very well at this time,  I posted that over a month ago and two healthy local derbies on a Friday night have swelled your numbers...I'll keep saying it...well done from me.

Truro did attract good crowds (if the numbers were true) and could well do again, ourselves we do not charge or count youngsters in our figures either...I don't think many do?

We had 120 watching our last home game, a very healthy crowd for us with no other costs other than the officials. 

Me stand in the middle of a bunch of noisy old men having a second youth...lol

Don't think so, Rynner supporter forever, same as you and town, unlike others I will not be changing my allegiance for a Saturday afternoon disco, carnival, or whatever people choose to call that rabble...lol.

But. I'll say it again, you all enjoy it and the best of luck from me.

I will do as I've always done, pop out to Bickland when there's nothing else on, see you bums next time I'm out there.

Cheers buddy, and to that daft sod beardy...lol.

Loved reading your reply mate. Don't ever change ok, Beardy and I will be waiting for your visit soon. Maybe the  Boxing derby ? Go easy Bakes. :) 

Only 1 derby v Wendron on a Friday evening btw Dave. The other 570 crown was a Saturday 3pm ko. Just thought id add that. Our average crowd this season after 6 home games is 338.7 but hopefully that will rise. :) We played Penryn in the league cup a couple of months ago, cant remember if that was a Friday actually but its irrelevant tbh. People can make excuses why we are getting bigger crowds but the fact is our crowds have been steadily increasing for 3 years.

Just out of interest, as the saga of TCFC ground and attendance has dragged on for years - what are/ is the financial position of TCFC.

I thought (am probably wrong) that any money for the ground comes from Cornwall Council (with government funding) / The Pirates / Truro College and that TCFC involvement was only realistically as the senior team in Cornwall and providing a focal point for Cornish sport- I mean no disrespect but after Heaney I gave up paying attention. 

if TCFC are not a paying member of the the development - where is the importance on sorting their playing surface as opposed to Clijah or any other ground run by the Council, especially if no Government matched funding.

I know there are reasons but would actually like to know where thing actually stand at the moment - perhaps someone who knows what is happening could let me on, on here or pm, as a genuine question from someone with no bias. 

30 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Only 1 derby v Wendron on a Friday evening btw Dave. The other 570 crown was a Saturday 3pm ko. Just thought id add that. Our average crowd this season after 6 home games is 338.7 but hopefully that will rise. :) We played Penryn in the league cup a couple of months ago, cant remember if that was a Friday actually but its irrelevant tbh. People can make excuses why we are getting bigger crowds but the fact is our crowds have been steadily increasing for 3 years.

Because your winning Jeff...simple as that.

The entertainment value of F troop helps...simple as that as well, but it's not for everyone. 

Remember it is all about the football a few hiccups and it could change the whole scenario. 

It's not about who has the biggest crowd. 

Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Because your winning Jeff...simple as that.

The entertainment value of F troop helps...simple that as well, but it's not for everyone. 

Remember it is all about the football. 

Not for us it aint Dave. Its about lots of things, mainly football of course but many other things that are priceless. I know people will make excuses for our resurgence, thats human nature born out of a mixture of jealousy and envy. But for all of us involved we are not getting carried away because we know how it all works. You are welcome to attend our F-Troop charity disco Saturday Dave, 250 coming, all raising money for breast cancer. See... its not all about the football. UTMT

25 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

if TCFC are not a paying member of the the development - where is the importance on sorting their playing surface as opposed to Clijah or any other ground run by the Council, especially if no Government matched funding.

I think the council have £2m from Truro City and Treyew Road. 

32 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think the council have £2m from Truro City and Treyew Road. 

Dave - that was, in part, my point. Do TCFC actually have anything ‘at the table’. I seem to remember that money was owed or was aligned elsewhere and that when the ground was sold - none of it actually belonged to TCFC - I will reiterate I am not a ‘hater’ just don’t know the facts.  

19 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - that was, in part, my point. Do TCFC actually have anything ‘at the table’. I seem to remember that money was owed or was aligned elsewhere and that when the ground was sold - none of it actually belonged to TCFC - I will reiterate I am not a ‘hater’ just don’t know the facts.  

Whatever money is available belongs to the Pirates (although I can't think what they said the last amount was) . There is £2m held by the Council, which they have said is for TCFC only.

Having said that, the overlords at the club have said that no matter what happens, the Cornish Pirates are a priority.

I wish Truro were playing up at Clijah. 

Just a thought, if the council are that bothered, couldn't they buy Truro City FC?

1 hour ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Whatever money is available belongs to the Pirates (although I can't think what they said the last amount was) . There is £2m held by the Council, which they have said is for TCFC only.

Having said that, the overlords at the club have said that no matter what happens, the Cornish Pirates are a priority.

I wish Truro were playing up at Clijah. 

Just a thought, if the council are that bothered, couldn't they buy Truro City FC?

Cornwall Council are in all sorts of issues financially. Why would they buy a football club when they are trying to close leisure centres?