Troon Reserves                v              Mullion 3rds

DIVISION 4

Falmouth United Res      9-1          Dropship Reserves

Goonhavern Ath 3rds     4-3      Helston Raiders

Ruan Minor                    2-1         Wendron United 5ths

Storm              2-4      St Keverne

Div 3

Carharrack 3, Lanner 0

What a perfect day for footy - playing or watching. The day started well: beautifully calm and not cold for my walk in Portreath, more than a dozen surfers in as the waves built on the ebbing tide. Fairly traffic free to Truro for a bit of Sainsbury's and M & S shopping - Chinese for tea: a light lunch then over to Ting Tang for some entertainment. And what a good game it was to watch (less so for those from Lanner).

It was nip and tuck for almost half-an-hour with chances begging at both ends. Then an unappealed penalty for Lanner on 28 mins - saved by the home 'keeper. Perhaps a different game if they had scored for there was nothing between the two teams until the 45th minute when a free kick to Carharrack on the left wing dropped in front of goal and was not cleared by an otherwise resolute defence, for Martin Paynter to apply the last touch from very close in.

Lanner pushed hard in the second half but Carharrack went 2-up on 55 with a classic header from a left wing corner. The visitors, playing up the slope now, hit the post on 63 when a goal might have meant a very different end to the game. With spectators urging Carharrack to "wind the clock down", some very skillful play on the right led to a solo 3rd goal by a lad who would be an amazing player if he only learned to use his left foot!

Tea £1, sausage bap £2, decent attendance, great banter on the touchline, couple of former pupils said hello.

Home to Chinese takeaway from Sainsbury's!

St Just 3-1 Mawnan Res (HT 1-1) - Att 94

A strong Mawnan side very unfortunate not to earn at least a point today, after missing several big chances first half. They were made to pay when St Just scored 2 quick goals 2nd half to kill the game. Thank you to the Mawnan lads for staying for a drink, good luck for rest of the season 👍

Constantine Reserves 3 Probus 9 (Jamie Bilkiey 3, Ethan Gatley 2, Josh Daniel 2, Adrian Majewski, Ben Daniel - penalty)

Trelawny 3

The overall result looks like a relatively straightforward win for us today, but it wasn’t like that at all for most of the match. I was playing my first game since December last year due to lockdown, playing cricket and not being needed because we have so many young players so far this season, but today we had several out so I was back in! The game started with both teams trying to take control but the opening exchanges were fairly even. Constantine took the lead when my mistake led to a corner for the home team. The fullback whipped the corner in and it either went straight in or was headed in on the line, I couldn’t see from where I was. We then equalised through Jamie Bilkey and took the lead when we were awarded a penalty after Ethan Gatley was brought down in the box after a good run. Ben Daniel made no mistake from the spot. We then switched off and Constantine immediately equalised when a ball was played across the box and the winger just about finished as the ball went in off the post. 2-2 at halftime.

We changed formation at half-time and the opening exchanges saw the home team have more possession. The turning point came when sub Josh Daniel hit a cross/shot from 35 yards and it looked like the keeper thought the ball was going wide but it hit the far post and went in. We then made it 4-2 straight away when a Jamie Bilkey cross was met with a bullet header by sub Adrian Majewski, giving the keeper no chance. We then went on to score another 5 goals to lead 9-2 before Constantine completed the scoring after we didn’t defend very well, despite a good save from Sam Jones.

Overall we were happy to get the 3 points at a place that is always difficult to get a result. Thank you to the stand-in referee who did a good job. Thanks also to Constantine for their hospitality.

St Agnes away next week (I won’t be there as I will be warm weather training in Ibiza 🍺☀️).

Falmouth united 2nds 9 - 1 dropship 2nds 

Really tight 1st half finally leading with about 35 mins gone. Leading 1 nil at half time. But second half the lads really came alive and scoring another 8. 

Goals from 

Tom Campbell 4 reece toms 2 Kris Attwood 1 Sam macwilliam 1 mike Rollason 1 

Dropship reserves battled all game and a good bunch of lads and management team. Really friendly side and came back to the pub after.

Have a good season lads 

Nice report Tom! Was watching the youngest boy at St.Austell today so it was nice to see a report of my oldest lads game mate 👍️  He was the one who scored the 3rd goal!! I did have both the boys out in the back garden for years trying to work on their left feet, Jack probably as good with either these days but Ben always insisted on using that right peg! And to be fair he’s scored some beauties with it in kids footy and the few men’s games he’s played after not playing for about 10 seasons since he was U14s! Glad to see him back playing and loving it at Carharrack after all these years away from the game. Think he was chuffed with the amazing player comment if not the left foot bit! 😁👍️ All the best Tom, catch you at a game soon mate 👍

1 hour ago, Chris Davey said:

Constantine Reserves 3 Probus 9 (Jamie Bilkiey 3, Ethan Gatley 2, Josh Daniel 2, Adrian Majewski, Ben Daniel - penalty)

Trelawny 3

The overall result looks like a relatively straightforward win for us today, but it wasn’t like that at all for most of the match. I was playing my first game since December last year due to lockdown, playing cricket and not being needed because we have so many young players so far this season, but today we had several out so I was back in! The game started with both teams trying to take control but the opening exchanges were fairly even. Constantine took the lead when my mistake led to a corner for the home team. The fullback whipped the corner in and it either went straight in or was headed in on the line, I couldn’t see from where I was. We then equalised through Jamie Bilkey and took the lead when we were awarded a penalty after Ethan Gatley was brought down in the box after a good run. Ben Daniel made no mistake from the spot. We then switched off and Constantine immediately equalised when a ball was played across the box and the winger just about finished as the ball went in off the post. 2-2 at halftime.

We changed formation at half-time and the opening exchanges saw the home team have more possession. The turning point came when sub Josh Daniel hit a cross/shot from 35 yards and it looked like the keeper thought the ball was going wide but it hit the far post and went in. We then made it 4-2 straight away when a Jamie Bilkey cross was met with a bullet header by sub Adrian Majewski, giving the keeper no chance. We then went on to score another 5 goals to lead 9-2 before Constantine completed the scoring after we didn’t defend very well, despite a good save from Sam Jones.

Overall we were happy to get the 3 points at a place that is always difficult to get a result. Thank you to the stand-in referee who did a good job. Thanks also to Constantine for their hospitality.

St Agnes away next week (I won’t be there as I will be warm weather training in Ibiza 🍺☀️).

Good to see your still playing Chris! The average age of that Probus team must be about 30 again 😉 

11 minutes ago, chesterfield said:

Good to see your still playing Chris! The average age of that Probus team must be about 30 again 😉 

Haha Thanks mate! The next oldest player in the team today was younger than my son,so it’s fair to say that I increased the average age significantly! I’m sure I will be back on the sidelines when I’m back from holiday and we have the players back who were unavailable today! Hopefully catch up with you soon.

Storm 2-4 st keverne 

Hard game to watch and a hard result to suffer.

good game even if it did get a bit feisty with a few lads fuses running low and school ground name calling and scrapping taking over towards the end

storm will bounce back and are till having the best season they’ve had in ten years 

On 09/10/2021 at 17:06, Tom Trust said:

Div 3

Carharrack 3, Lanner 0

What a perfect day for footy - playing or watching. The day started well: beautifully calm and not cold for my walk in Portreath, more than a dozen surfers in as the waves built on the ebbing tide. Fairly traffic free to Truro for a bit of Sainsbury's and M & S shopping - Chinese for tea: a light lunch then over to Ting Tang for some entertainment. And what a good game it was to watch (less so for those from Lanner).

It was nip and tuck for almost half-an-hour with chances begging at both ends. Then an unappealed penalty for Lanner on 28 mins - saved by the home 'keeper. Perhaps a different game if they had scored for there was nothing between the two teams until the 45th minute when a free kick to Carharrack on the left wing dropped in front of goal and was not cleared by an otherwise resolute defence, for Martin Paynter to apply the last touch from very close in.

Lanner pushed hard in the second half but Carharrack went 2-up on 55 with a classic header from a left wing corner. The visitors, playing up the slope now, hit the post on 63 when a goal might have meant a very different end to the game. With spectators urging Carharrack to "wind the clock down", some very skillful play on the right led to a solo 3rd goal by a lad who would be an amazing player if he only learned to use his left foot!

Tea £1, sausage bap £2, decent attendance, great banter on the touchline, couple of former pupils said hello.

Home to Chinese takeaway from Sainsbury's!

Things just aren't quite going for us at the moment it seems. Prior to the penalty we had also hit the inside of the post only to see the ball bounce off at 90 degrees in to the keepers hands. Felt we had much the better of the first half but the home side were definitely in the ascendancy as the half drew to a close. I grabbed the flag for the opening minutes of the 2nd half and I have to say I have never seen a corner like the one for the 2nd goal. It was hit arrow straight and hard not more than a yard away from the byline all the way until it was headed home at the back post. And fair play, the 3rd was a cracker

It was a good competitive game, played in the right way and, as @Richard Chown alluded to, is what our level football should be about. Many thanks to Carharrack for their hospitality and food after. 

On 09/10/2021 at 21:18, RAPPO said:

Nice report Tom! Was watching the youngest boy at St.Austell today so it was nice to see a report of my oldest lads game mate 👍️  He was the one who scored the 3rd goal!! I did have both the boys out in the back garden for years trying to work on their left feet, Jack probably as good with either these days but Ben always insisted on using that right peg! And to be fair he’s scored some beauties with it in kids footy and the few men’s games he’s played after not playing for about 10 seasons since he was U14s! Glad to see him back playing and loving it at Carharrack after all these years away from the game. Think he was chuffed with the amazing player comment if not the left foot bit! 😁👍️ All the best Tom, catch you at a game soon mate 👍

Just keep him working on that left foot, Rappo! When he scores a cracker with his left he will be soooooo pleased!!