Cornwall Football Forum

Callington Town FC Statement

Following Matt Haydens appeal hearing we wish to make the following statement. 

Matt Hayden's ground / stadium ban is lifted with immediate effect. Matt will be clear to return to the touchline/ technical area from we believe next week we are awaiting the exact date to be confirmed by Cornwall FA.

There will be no further Club Statements on the matter.

Steve Blatchford

Chairman Callington Town FC

You note  my name is Mr Blatchford and I note you hide behind a user name, the ground has been in need of some TLC however the quality of the pitch, playing surface I leave to those who play on it. If you would like to come along and introduce yourself I will take you on it, however I doubt you will but can always hope. In all my posts, probably a couple, my name is always included.

For future reference I will be leaving the forum, so unless anyone wants to speak with me directly, always available at the ground on match days, its goodbye from me.

Stephen Blatchford

Chairman

Callington Town FC

(sorry wont hear any replies)   

28 minutes ago, Pitch Care Guru said:

You note  my name is Mr Blatchford and I note you hide behind a user name, the ground has been in need of some TLC however the quality of the pitch, playing surface I leave to those who play on it. If you would like to come along and introduce yourself I will take you on it, however I doubt you will but can always hope. In all my posts, probably a couple, my name is always included.

For future reference I will be leaving the forum, so unless anyone wants to speak with me directly, always available at the ground on match days, its goodbye from me.

Stephen Blatchford

Chairman

Callington Town FC

(sorry wont hear any replies)   

Mr Blacthford - if you are still on the forum - don’t leave. Clubs and others interested in local football need all the support they can get. 

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Having seen the state of the Callington pitch in recent months, I think it’s about time your username was changed Mr Blatchford.

It’s a shame that people feel the need to slate other people and their business’ and have to hide behind an alias to do it. Perhaps a trip to the Marsh is in order @FootballChat and you can cast your expert eye over the pitch and show us all where we are going wrong. In my opinion the pitch is looking fantastic along with plenty of other clubs who choose to use Steve @Pitch Care Guru. My players have been delighted to use our pitch since Steve has made the fantastic surface for us.

BA2E477A-09DC-4F8B-BF43-ABEB2DC0D098.jpeg

4E1820C9-F62D-4B23-BE72-4A1A8C0993F3.png

2 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Having seen the state of the Callington pitch in recent months, I think it’s about time your username was changed Mr Blatchford.

having watched games at callington , bodmin, tavistock,liskeard, saltash , torpoint, launceston , i have to say callingtons pitch is the best ive seen so far.

11 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

having watched games at callington , bodmin, tavistock,liskeard, saltash , torpoint, launceston , i have to say callingtons pitch is the best ive seen so far.

I’ve not visited Callington (yet), but of the grounds I have been too, I thought Camelford’s pitch was in superb nick.

18 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

I was there pre season and it was in a bad way.

Rusty old stand, smashed windows around the changing rooms with broken glass scattered around. Goal mouths were 99% mud and several divots and dead patches around the pitch.

If they’ve improved that since my visit in August then fair play to them! 

My opinion may be outdated in that case.

13 minutes ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I’ve not visited Callington (yet), but of the grounds I have been too, I thought Camelford’s pitch was in superb nick.

Joe - Camelford has an excellent playing surface and has been commented upon by all that visit - but that is down to a few (very) unpaid volunteers - which is why those that do volunteer and give up their time should be commended, at all clubs. We all agree via different threads that without Refs games can’t be played -but without volunteers there would be no pitch or even a chance to play. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I remember years ago callington  pitch was always a mess or unplayable soon as their  was a spell of heavy weather. But i believe it’s much improved lately. 

it is not called marsh parc for nothing lol,people forget  it is 580 feet above sea level , tends to rain a lot more  higher up ,and its on a the western slopes of kitt hill, but yes the playing  pitch is very well maintained now..

On 08/10/2021 at 12:17, Pitch Care Guru said:

Matt Hayden's ground / stadium ban is lifted with immediate effect. Matt will be clear to return to the touchline/ technical area from we believe next week we are awaiting the exact date to be confirmed by Cornwall FA.

Steve Blatchford

On 08/10/2021 at 12:17, Pitch Care Guru said:

Steve Blatchford

Very confused did the fa now say that the officials lied then ?? Shambles 

1 hour ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Very confused did the fa now say that the officials lied then ?? Shambles 

No they're not saying that.  If they were, the suspension would have been overturned completely.  A couple of points that may make it clearer for you.

1.  Serious cases, and from what I gather this would fall into that category, from the start of this season are dealt with by an FA commission not a County FA one.

2. The recommended penalties for serious offences normally have a range and a 'usual' start point which is typically in the middle of that range.  I suspect that in this case, once found guilty, the start point of 112 days was handed down and this was then reduced to the 56 day minimum on appeal.

9 minutes ago, GenerationGrey said:

then why should mine be muted and banned for expressing an opinion on a FACT about management within this league.

It’s quite simple why - what you were attempting to post had nothing to do with the local game.

My contact details are all over the place - give me a call on 07759 502408 - happy to discuss.