Dartmouth        2-1      Plymouth Marjon

Elburton Villa     0-3       Ivybridge Town

Holsworthy           3-1     Crediton United

Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police  4-4     Bovey Tracey

WEST

Penzance           1-5       Falmouth Town

Sticker               2-1       Callington Town

13 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Cally losing again something seriously  going wrong. Seen the team Sheet and seen luke cloke and jack alexander on the bench 2 of there better players very strange . What a mess 4 points after 12 games 

Was at the game never saw either of them. Teams were never announced, presume it was Joe Carey who came on for the 2nd half. 

Penzance 1, Falmouth Town 5

Well Tim Nixon suggested at the end of the game that I'm becoming a Falmouth fan, but I have to admit it's no wonder when you look at the style of play you get from them.

Nonstop attacking and pressing and you just have to realize that is only a matter of time before you see a goal. What's not to like about that?

In fact, it was as early as three minutes on the clock when Falmouth got their first sniff of a shot. Created by Nixon, a little pass to Luke Barner and it was his shot that the Penzance keeper Mikey Flores had to touch away.

Penzance also contributed to an end-to-end opening spell, particularly thanks to attacks down the right side via the lively Kizzy Snowden.

However, inevitably it was the visitors who struck first, not from a striker however but instead the midfielder and former Magpie Andreas Calleja-Stayne with a long distance left footed effort which gave Flores no chance!

Six minutes later and Falmouth were two up courtesy of a Luke Brabyn penalty and with that goal so early, one started worrying for Penzance, however at half-time they were only 2-1 down as they too were awarded a penalty which Mark Vercesi nicely put away past stand-in ‘keeper Tom Annear as Ryan Barnes had been sin-binned.

Falmouth therefore played ten minutes without Barnes, although you have to admit it didn’t really make too much difference to the pattern of the game.

The goal to probably relieve the Falmouth management team came just past the hour and showed you cannot give possession away in your own third of the pitch. It proved costly as it led to recent signing Jack Bray-Evans getting a shot in which bounced back out off the post only for Barner to tap in – 3-1.

Falmouth’s attacks became even more relentless as they switched some of their players giving run-outs to the likes of Scott Kellow and Jack Bowyer and it was the latter who scored Falmouth’s 4th of the evening after an intelligent delayed ball through from Barner.

With time all but up, skipper James Ward scored his sixth goal of the season. Not surprisingly it was from another corner, rising high to head down and strong enough so that anyone on the line wasn’t able to prevent the ball hitting the back of the net as referee Shaun Edge blew for full-time.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

What happened  to the ex callington  players this current management  told where not good enough ?? 

there is only a few players a bit better than last year ,not by a lot , they have been unlucky in some games , but it seems a different line up each game, does not help matters, those in control wanted a better team this year, and backed the overhaul of the team ,i think thats coming back to bite them in the bum, as for last years players  i do not know where they are now...probally having a good giggle !

6 hours ago, tamar.man said:

there is only a few players a bit better than last year ,not by a lot , they have been unlucky in some games , but it seems a different line up each game, does not help matters, those in control wanted a better team this year, and backed the overhaul of the team ,i think thats coming back to bite them in the bum, as for last years players  i do not know where they are now...probally having a good giggle !

The League table doesn’t lie. Last 2 years before they come in and still the same result. Actually got worse 🤦‍♂️They’re  paying out decent money as well . Jake Miller was on 90 at Cally , even he couldn’t stay for that because they were getting smashed each game , how can a bottom club pay out that kinda money I know the managers are dodge and get money from all walks of life. They players are Sunday league standard at best should of kept the young loyal lads they had last year and build , instead of bringin in a load of reprobates from Plymouth who was kicked out the previous club for partying during lockdown. Go on les top 6 finish boys 

A5417BCE-2262-4FF3-967D-A38A849C11CA.png

B643EE8F-9771-4862-8F95-7FEAD2D646DF.png

Aged well

6F60F4FB-3AE9-4751-8FA7-E3D28A9C8140.png

21 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

The League table doesn’t lie. Last 2 years before they come in and still the same result. Actually got worse 🤦‍♂️They’re  paying out decent money as well . Jake Miller was on 90 at Cally , even he couldn’t stay for that because they were getting smashed each game , how can a bottom club pay out that kinda money I know the managers are dodge and get money from all walks of life. They players are Sunday league standard at best should of kept the young loyal lads they had last year and build , instead of bringin in a load of reprobates from Plymouth who was kicked out the previous club for partying during lockdown. Go on les top 6 finish boys 

Aged well

Come back to smack him in the face big time! He’s been very quite on here since aswell! 
callington will be regretting this behind the scenes. Another club will end up going the wrong way with the youngsters not wanting to return when the current crop disappear! 

Why are clubs willing to hang themselves out to dry and alledgedly pay out big money to players who have no loyalty to the club.
It would appear that in Callingtons case several of their backroom workers have stepped aside because of differences within the club, causing a club in one of the top leagues in the southwest, to not even have their pitch marked prior to a game.
If the situation within the club is not right, Callington will need to take a definitive look at themselves to identify the problem before things improve on the pitch.
No team professional or amateur will make any meaningful progress if something is awry in the engine room of their club.

22 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

They’re  paying out decent money as well . Jake Miller was on 90 at Cally

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Penzance 1, Falmouth Town 5

Well Tim Nixon suggested at the end of the game that I'm becoming a Falmouth fan, but I have to admit it's no wonder when you look at the style of play you get from them.

Nonstop attacking and pressing and you just have to realize that is only a matter of time before you see a goal. What's not to like about that?

In fact, it was as early as three minutes on the clock when Falmouth got their first sniff of a shot. Created by Nixon, a little pass to Luke Barner and it was his shot that the Penzance keeper Mikey Flores had to touch away.

Penzance also contributed to an end-to-end opening spell, particularly thanks to attacks down the right side via the lively Kizzy Snowden.

However, inevitably it was the visitors who struck first, not from a striker however but instead the midfielder and former Magpie Andreas Calleja-Stayne with a long distance left footed effort which gave Flores no chance!

Six minutes later and Falmouth were two up courtesy of a Luke Brabyn penalty and with that goal so early, one started worrying for Penzance, however at half-time they were only 2-1 down as they too were awarded a penalty which Mark Vercesi nicely put away past stand-in ‘keeper Tom Annear as Ryan Barnes had been sin-binned.

Falmouth therefore played ten minutes without Barnes, although you have to admit it didn’t really make too much difference to the pattern of the game.

The goal to probably relieve the Falmouth management team came just past the hour and showed you cannot give possession away in your own third of the pitch. It proved costly as it led to recent signing Jack Bray-Evans getting a shot in which bounced back out off the post only for Barner to tap in – 3-1.

Falmouth’s attacks became even more relentless as they switched some of their players giving run-outs to the likes of Scott Kellow and Jack Bowyer and it was the latter who scored Falmouth’s 4th of the evening after an intelligent delayed ball through from Barner.

With time all but up, skipper James Ward scored his sixth goal of the season. Not surprisingly it was from another corner, rising high to head down and strong enough so that anyone on the line wasn’t able to prevent the ball hitting the back of the net as referee Shaun Edge blew for full-time.

Agree ,awesome performance by town Dave .But have to give credit to Penzance ,they didn't give up despite the score .An interesting age difference in the penzance team ,don't know how old the left back is ,must be 16 - 18 ,then you've got cheesy and Kevin Lawrence ,got to be in their 40 's .

Was also at Sticker last night, and funnily enough story of Callington's season. No full match report from me, as was in attendance with the wife. However it is quiet comical and not sure I've ever seen it, but every time i've seen them play this year, theyve been that almost team! really unfortunate and im sure once a bit of luck goes there way they will hit a run of results. 

Agree with Greygen having taken in the match myself. All Sticker first half, Callington came out second half and pressed for an equaliser for 50 minutes. Although the Sticker keeper was at fault for Cally's first, he kept the home side in the lead many times thereafter. Discipline again an issue with Cally, the ineffective Assistant on the bottom line could and should have brought to the refs attention 2 incidents that warranted yellows at least! But they will go home disappointed not to get a point.

30 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

Agree with Greygen having taken in the match myself. All Sticker first half, Callington came out second half and pressed for an equaliser for 50 minutes. Although the Sticker keeper was at fault for Cally's first, he kept the home side in the lead many times thereafter. Discipline again an issue with Cally, the ineffective Assistant on the bottom line could and should have brought to the refs attention 2 incidents that warranted yellows at least! But they will go home disappointed not to get a point.

Must admit, it's a little comical for the neutral as they have been very very close deserving a point if not winning against the teams i've seen them play against including Dobwalls & Camelford, throw last night into the mix it makes for bad reading but they aren't far off from being a very good side. bit of luck maybe, or not having a shaky 20 minute spell, be interesting to see how they fare with there next run of games 

11 minutes ago, Greygen said:

Must admit, it's a little comical for the neutral as they have been very very close deserving a point if not winning against the teams i've seen them play against including Dobwalls & Camelford, throw last night into the mix it makes for bad reading but they aren't far off from being a very good side. bit of luck maybe, or not having a shaky 20 minute spell, be interesting to see how they fare with there next run of games 

Very good side ? They played sticker no offence but sticker are a bottom 3/4 side and have been since there admittance to the league . Callington said there were easily  top 6 but after 12 games only on 4 points conceded 30 goals scoring 15 if that’s a good side u must not watch much local football . Get ya self down to Liskeard Falmouth camelford then see some good football . Can’t be unlucky every week 🤦‍♂️

51 minutes ago, Greygen said:

Greygen, as a reader more than a contributor, you seem to be a neutral but report on Callington every single week?

15 minutes ago, John Davies said:

Greygen, as a reader more than a contributor, you seem to be a neutral but report on Callington every single week?

Agreed, good spot. Maybe a coincidence with the fixture lists and where I'm based with work more than anything. I've taken in many a game this year that doesn't involve Callington. Including Torpoint, Falmouth, Wendron on the weekend just go. Lanson on the odd occasion to watch a certain someone throw themselves on the floor...perhaps it's more to do with far more talking points when Matt Hayden and his men are playing, some of the other games i've seen this year have ebbed awy 

7 hours ago, mattelot said:

Agree ,awesome performance by town Dave .But have to give credit to Penzance ,they didn't give up despite the score .An interesting age difference in the penzance team ,don't know how old the left back is ,must be 16 - 18 ,then you've got cheesy and Kevin Lawrence ,got to be in their 40 's .

5 different scorers last night-in a season where 70 goals scored from 15 games.

Westy's 250th game in charge.

8 hours ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Aged well

I think you got issues. You seem obsessed with Callington 🤣

Certainly a game of 2 halves at Sticker. Have heard reports that the banned Cally manager has been attending matches, can’t believe anyone would be that stupid. Don’t know what he looks like so can’t comment. Horrendous error by keeper gave Cally their goal but still made several good saves to protect the win.

On the subject of keeper, has the former Sticker gk (Morgan?) who went to Truro seconds moved on again?

Just like to say that I met one of the Callington stalwarts before the game with Falmouth a few weeks ago, and he was a really good bloke who just wanted Callington to survive. It probably doesn't help him or his colleagues cause to have all this negativity, so maybe we should lay off them a bit and see how they progress.

Didn't it say on the Cornish Soccer podcast that Ryan Fice is now involved?  He has been around Cornish Football for a long time so maybe he can help turn things around.