Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 29 Sept 2021

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 29 Sept 2021

Watched Newquay win narrowly 2-1 vs Wadebridge a draw would of been  a fair result ,Newquay werent at there best tonight but won with   a goal from Louis Price and Phil Lowry i maybe wrong i cant see very good at flood lit matches ,Wadebridge went 1-0 up when debutant Reuben Wilson  beat Harry Ashton when 1 on 1after Newquay had most of the play .Just before Ht Newquay goalie had to go off injured and was replaced by Nathan Prentice . 1-0 HT But wasnt long before Louis Price equalised ,Newquay lost Alex Cole to injury and his replacement PHIL Lowry scored a 2nd with a deflected shot .This was turning into a feisty match and things got Nasty near the end when Louis PRICE was sent off for dont really know what but Wadebridge man went down holding his face like he had been shot but ref sent Louis off and booked Wadebridge goalie off . Wadebridge had Ben Williams playing after being out of the game for a long time and he was superb marshalling  . unlike last Saturday where they where a shambles to be honest put tonight they was good . Newquay captain Ross Fallens got his usual booking but hes going to beause hes such a combetitive player .The ref had a ok game but he seemed to loose control when the naughty players to have a set to . My mom for Newquay goes to Joe Cooper who had Matt Lloyd in his pocket all game like he did on Saturday at Wadebridge in the vase match . MOM for Wadebridge for someone who hasnt played for a long time i thought he had a great game . Sorry if i got it wrong but my eyes do not like floodlit football but it gets me out of my flat once a week its bad enough every night there on my own . Onto Saturday to watch the G vs Camelford the best team i have seen this year . A draw would of been a fair result tonight but well done to Newquay winning when they werent at there best .

19 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Just Mike and Levi landricombe this week 😂

Not so sure Levi counts as actually started the season with Bodmin, but Step 5 Buckland came in for him. Can’t blame a player for wanting to play higher level.

However, you’ve missed out their right back last night - Lestyn Harris. Plays for Tavistock, but there again they owe a few clubs favours for the players they’ve used from elsewhere this season! 

31 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Just Mike and Levi landricombe this week 😂

Thought Mike Landricombe was lucky not to be given a straight red midway through the first half, wild lunge catching the Liskeard player, thought he had broken his leg. Amazed that play was started with a drop ball. Not even a yellow. Bodmin better than when I watched at Dobwalls but can see why Liskeard are unbeaten, played some good attacking football mainly on the ground, always looked dangerous going forward. 

As mentioned on another thread I was heading down to catch Camelford last night before Wendron on Saturday.

The game started at a frenetic tempo with Callington with a number of far more recognizable faces than the team that started Saturday. Ed Harrison causing an issue with his attitude of running behind Callingtons back line before finding a blocked cross going out for a corner, the Cally back line didn't have time to react to a whipped ball into the front post for a flick on and a free header for someone to head home at the back post. (Sorry didn't see who it was) Cally responded well with some intense pressure which was well defended by the Camels. Before Coley the Cally left back played a clever 1-2 with the Cally winger to find himself driving at the full back and being hauled down & Luke Cloke stepping up to rifle the pen home to make it 1-1.

The game the began to start to find a rhythm however the referee, Shaun Edge wouldn't let the game flow for the Marsh Men and faulted play for every slight push or perceived pull which didn't help the flow of the game. Camelford managed to nudge further infront with a fantastic through ball caught the keeper in two minds in weather to come for the ball but found him self in no mans land as the winger camly slotted home to make it 2-1 before half time, Cally did manage to muster one last chance of the half when a ball into the Cally number 10 found him turning his man and rolling him into the box with a great touch and finish past the keeper before finding it a had been brought back for a foul he had committed? Think the decision left a few confused a few to say the least. If anyone else was at the game, I'd like to hear your opinion @Bobjfh

(Half time- fantastic cuppa tea & pasty with a great view of the sunset from the clubhouse.)

Second half much again started with a high tempo, with the ref against halting play at any opportunity. Not many chances where created at either end before what seemed like a hard and fair block tackle on the edge of the box awarded as a penalty to camelford again made for an interesting talking point, with a number of camelford supporters laughing saying it's now a non contact sport. The player stepped up to smash the penalty home empathically in the bottom left hand corner to make it 3-1 to the camels. Cally responded well, with some fantastic passages of play & Owen Raven enjoying his time out wide creating a host of opportunities to get back into the game with the big center forward missing for 6 yards out with a free header at the back post. Before impressive full back Coley drove down the wing to find a shot on target catch a helpful deflection and fly into the net with second left. Balance of play, I'd suggest a draw would be a fair result good game, played in great spirits with a Cally & Camelford player getting each other on their shoulders to fix the next after 20 minutes! Was most surprised to see Shaun at the center of the game, I had thought he was refereeing at a few steps bellow, maybe a new promotion? Don't think the pace of the game helped thats for sure.

Next up, THE DRON!

I still don’t understand what Bodmin plan is. ?  Is that what the club is just a place for players that have left to come and get a bit of match fitness in before they go back to there proper club 

Levi left them and played for buckland the night before the same with Mike landricombe who travels up to Bristol. Who was on the bench so they could play. 
I noticed in an article after the Saltash loss  bodmin suggesting the standard in the western league wasn’t as good as they thought. The same Bodmin that had 4 players that play southern league football i the line up against Saltash so no wonder it was close

be interested to hear what a Bodmin fan thinks of they way his clubs run  

11 hours ago, silly billy said:

I don't really know as it's a job to keep up with things there. Carter wasn't playing though. 🤣

How on earth do Bodmin manage any planning. coaching or sort tactics? The players must spend their time in the dressing room being introduced to each other, no wonder they don't get any consistency going. It seems a bit like when I played for a division 5 Sunday morning side many years ago, and we would sometimes have to run around the car park beforehand signing on players to make up an eleven to cover no shows (usually alcohol or cold/wet weather induced).

Looking in from the outside, it just looks a total mess. The league table must be starting to look more than a little alarming for all involved at Priory Park, at what stage do they start to think that they could be in a relegation dog fight? Only the dire form of Callington and St Dennis is keeping them out of this at present, but it was certainly not envisaged that they would be so poor in what most people thought would be a very open league.

32 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

How on earth do Bodmin manage any planning. coaching or sort tactics? The players must spend their time in the dressing room being introduced to each other, no wonder they don't get any consistency going. It seems a bit like when I played for a division 5 Sunday morning side many years ago, and we would sometimes have to run around the car park beforehand signing on players to make up an eleven to cover no shows (usually alcohol or cold/wet weather induced).

Looking in from the outside, it just looks a total mess. The league table must be starting to look more than a little alarming for all involved at Priory Park, at what stage do they start to think that they could be in a relegation dog fight? Only the dire form of Callington and St Dennis is keeping them out of this at present, but it was certainly not envisaged that they would be so poor in what most people thought would be a very open league.

They can't train together. I witnessed a couple of weeks ago two Bodmin players being introduced to each other. It's a lost cause I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Greygen said:

As mentioned on another thread I was heading down to catch Camelford last night before Wendron on Saturday.

The game started at a frenetic tempo with Callington with a number of far more recognizable faces than the team that started Saturday. Ed Harrison causing an issue with his attitude of running behind Callingtons back line before finding a blocked cross going out for a corner, the Cally back line didn't have time to react to a whipped ball into the front post for a flick on and a free header for someone to head home at the back post. (Sorry didn't see who it was) Cally responded well with some intense pressure which was well defended by the Camels. Before Coley the Cally left back played a clever 1-2 with the Cally winger to find himself driving at the full back and being hauled down & Luke Cloke stepping up to rifle the pen home to make it 1-1.

The game the began to start to find a rhythm however the referee, Shaun Edge wouldn't let the game flow for the Marsh Men and faulted play for every slight push or perceived pull which didn't help the flow of the game. Camelford managed to nudge further infront with a fantastic through ball caught the keeper in two minds in weather to come for the ball but found him self in no mans land as the winger camly slotted home to make it 2-1 before half time, Cally did manage to muster one last chance of the half when a ball into the Cally number 10 found him turning his man and rolling him into the box with a great touch and finish past the keeper before finding it a had been brought back for a foul he had committed? Think the decision left a few confused a few to say the least. If anyone else was at the game, I'd like to hear your opinion @Bobjfh

(Half time- fantastic cuppa tea & pasty with a great view of the sunset from the clubhouse.)

Second half much again started with a high tempo, with the ref against halting play at any opportunity. Not many chances where created at either end before what seemed like a hard and fair block tackle on the edge of the box awarded as a penalty to camelford again made for an interesting talking point, with a number of camelford supporters laughing saying it's now a non contact sport. The player stepped up to smash the penalty home empathically in the bottom left hand corner to make it 3-1 to the camels. Cally responded well, with some fantastic passages of play & Owen Raven enjoying his time out wide creating a host of opportunities to get back into the game with the big center forward missing for 6 yards out with a free header at the back post. Before impressive full back Coley drove down the wing to find a shot on target catch a helpful deflection and fly into the net with second left. Balance of play, I'd suggest a draw would be a fair result good game, played in great spirits with a Cally & Camelford player getting each other on their shoulders to fix the next after 20 minutes! Was most surprised to see Shaun at the center of the game, I had thought he was refereeing at a few steps bellow, maybe a new promotion? Don't think the pace of the game helped thats for sure.

Next up, THE DRON!

The lad 'Coley' name is  Xoli Ncube...

callington v camelford

start off by saying the ref was the worst i have seen this season  for both teams,how is he a ref?  clueless.....camelfords pen was the strangest  i  have ever seen,callington defender clears a cross,camels player clatters into him ref gives  a pen ,everyone was laughing,but he was  the  same for both teams,callington  only have  4 or 5 players left that started the season,  near enough new team, camelford  were not  as good as the posistion in league,i do not  know whats happened to  the players that started the season i know millar went to tavistock , and young striker harrison has signed for truro city,as for the rest i do not know,but i thought a draw would of been fair

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not so sure Levi counts as actually started the season with Bodmin, but Step 5 Buckland came in for him. Can’t blame a player for wanting to play higher level.

However, you’ve missed out their right back last night - Lestyn Harris. Plays for Tavistock, but there again they owe a few clubs favours for the players they’ve used from elsewhere this season! 

Had Tyler Coombes in goal as well .. heard that Ollie Chenoweth is injured at mo (didn't play against Saltash last Saturday either) 

I feel I have to put the record straight here ! The problem we have is we have a very long injury list which after last night became even longer !

Last night we had 6 players from our squad missing hence why we asked for help with numbers.

We had 14 players last night one of which was a 16 year old! take out the 3 lads that helped us out and we would have been down to a bare 11 .

I would have thought it would be better to talk about the game it was a cracking game for the neutral and could have gone either way.

Yes it did not go our way and sometimes things don’t but you have to admit we have pushed Falmouth , Saltash and Liskeard all the way in our recent games and ended up with nothing to show for it! If we keep playing like this things will change.

Alan Carey 

Joint Manager 

BodminTown AFC 

16 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

callington v camelford

start off by saying the ref was the worst i have seen this season  for both teams,how is he a ref?  clueless.....camelfords pen was the strangest  i  have ever seen,callington defender clears a cross,camels player clatters into him ref gives  a pen ,everyone was laughing,but he was  the  same for both teams,callington  only have  4 or 5 players left that started the season,  near enough new team, camelford  were not  as good as the posistion in league,i do not  know whats happened to  the players that started the season i know millar went to tavistock , and young striker harrison has signed for truro city,as for the rest i do not know,but i thought a draw would of been fair

I thought I was fairly diplomatic, but I think I agree with you a little more than my post. I was trying to be nice!😬

Falmouth Town 5, Sticker 2.

The scoreline did not represent the story of the game in this instance, as Sticker gave the league-leaders a fright in the 2nd half after drawing level at 2-2 with around 30 minutes remaining.

Town opened the scoring within the 1st few minutes with Jack Bowyer "megging" the keeper cleverly.

The 2nd Town goal came from a Broglino free kick which the otherwise excellent Sticker keeper fumbled into the net. The half finished at 2-0.

Sticker came out firing in the 2nd half with their pacey front two.  Within 15 minutes they had equalised and Falmouth were struggling to cope with their attacks. The really interesting part of the game was the resulting reaction from Falmouth. Throughout the game they didn't seem to play with any urgency and at times struggled to keep possession. However once their 100% record was threatened, the difference was clear for all to see. Jack Bowyer and Ollie Moody were removed to be replaced by Harry Clarke and James Ward and Luke Brabyn was moved back to centre-forward.  Town swarmed all over Sticker and within a few minutes had taken the lead through a Harry Clarke strike from outside the box.  Reserve team wide-man Reggie May came on for Tim Nixon and was then fouled in the box. The resulting penalty was scored by Brabyn to make it 4-2.

The fifth goal was a header, again scored by Clarke after some clever interplay between Reggie May and Luke Brabyn down the right.

In the end a flattering scoreline, but an impressive change in the tempo from Town when required, and further proof that having a strong squad is the key to their success.

Sticker should do OK this season on this showing.  They looked a young and talented side and if they can keep their players, they may be a force in future years.

A nice bit of slapstick humour witnessed also, when Pikachu fell over the barriers after Falmouth's 4th goal and struggled to get back on the terraces, which added to the entertainment!

1 hour ago, Toto said:

I feel I have to put the record straight here ! The problem we have is we have a very long injury list which after last night became even longer !

Last night we had 6 players from our squad missing hence why we asked for help with numbers.

We had 14 players last night one of which was a 16 year old! take out the 3 lads that helped us out and we would have been down to a bare 11 .

I would have thought it would be better to talk about the game it was a cracking game for the neutral and could have gone either way.

Yes it did not go our way and sometimes things don’t but you have to admit we have pushed Falmouth , Saltash and Liskeard all the way in our recent games and ended up with nothing to show for it! If we keep playing like this things will change.

Alan Carey 

Joint Manager 

BodminTown AFC 

That a fair response. I was just confused why Carter played the other evening when your new signing from Tavistock was on the bench. There does seem to be an awful lot of players come and go that you don’t see at other clubs. 
hope some of the injured lads get back and you keep hold of Dan Jennings  he seems to be the talisman at min and a few clubs  up are having a look at him 

1 hour ago, Toto said:

Yes you're quite right Alan, let's hear a little bit about the game because it was another cracker that Bodmin were involved in.

I've watched you twice now in recent weeks and on both occasions you were very much in the match, although also on both occasions you lost 4-3! Apologies because as you said I do seem to be a bit of a bad omen for you!

Liskeard began at a great pace and were two up after 16 minutes and at that stage we were probably all thinking this game was over. The first goal came after just three minutes  with James Lorenz popping the ball through the goalkeepers legs, the second was from James Rowe out on the right and he admitted afterwards that it was actually meant to be a cross. Instead the ball floated over the keeper and in.

Whether it was then a case of Liskeard easing off the pressure, or Bodmin getting into the match, it's always difficult to tell for sure. However, a goal just after half an hour from Dan Jennings was more than deserved for the home side. Good move forward involving Steve Colwell who passed to Sol Wheatley and his left wing cross enabled Dan Jennings to touch home from close range.

After the half-time break Bodmin continued to have the better of the game and it was that man Jennings again who headed home the equaliser to make it 2-2 on 52 minutes. He got on the end of a great cross in from Lestin Harris.

Liskeard responded in the right way though by restoring their two goal lead. Bodmin failed to clear a corner effectively with the ball falling to Max Gilbert on the edge of the penalty area and the midfielder made no mistake rifling home to make it 3-2 and then six minutes later James Lorenz got his second of the game. Another solo effort from the striker who seems to be back in goal scoring mood again.

The home side came back again though with a third goal on 80 minutes which made the final stage of the game quite tense for the visitors. Dan Jennings, who else, scored with not the most difficult of chances but you got to be in the right place at the right time and he's now claimed hat-tricks in his last two league games.

Another good game for the neutral.

I have just watched the Falmouth v Sticker highlights on Kernow Football You Tube and trying to decipher the visitors goalscorers it looked like no.11 (Derrick Lucas)and No.8 (Harry {Probyn)--Can some one confirm for the  match details.

Apparently I was told Sticker stormed the early second half and deservedly levelled the game with Falmouth rattled and it was the immediate substitution changes that restored their composur.

6 hours ago, Greygen said:

Next up, THE DRON!

Have callington got floodlight issues again ,for you to have seen the sunset (1901 )at h/t  k.o. must have been 6.15 .

7 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

I have just watched the Falmouth v Sticker highlights on Kernow Football You Tube and trying to decipher the visitors goalscorers it looked like no.11 (Derrick Lucas)and No.8 (Harry {Probyn)--Can some one confirm for the  match details.

Says D.Lucas, H.Probyn on their website Mike

9 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Apparently I was told Sticker stormed the early second half and deservedly levelled the game with Falmouth rattled and it was the immediate substitution changes that restored their composur.

Think f troop were rattled for a while as well Mike. ANOTHER good attendance of 245 .👍

7 hours ago, Greygen said:

Next up, THE DRON!

Greygen - I was at the match and would agree in most part to what you have said.

The first goal was a flick on by Ed and it was scored by Meths. That was within 2 minutes - I felt the Callington penalty was extremely soft - the lad Koli had a very strong game at left back (although I believe he is actually a winger) but considering how powerful he was he went down to the slightest touch. But given and the ref was closer than me. 1-1 after 5 minutes. 
First half may mainly Camels with Callington playing on the break. Camels had a header cleared off the line from point blank range, had a chance where Gus rounded the keeper but missed an open goal - from a very tight angle, had a flick by Ed that left the keeper flat footed and hit the crossbar and about three other good chances to finish the game before young Cam made a great run and left the keeper no chance to make it 2-1 at HT. The incident you mention about the Callington 10 - he actually had the Camels defender in a headlock to ‘turn him’ - they are both powerful units and it was a clear foul - sorry.
 After the game the Callington management felt they could have been 4-1 down easily at half time. 
Second half saw Callington grow more into the game and I thought their two wide outlets were very good - it all just lacked a bit of quality / confidence in the final third. 
Camelford were then awarded a penalty - was it soft, it certainly looked it from where i was a defender won the ball, but I found out later it was for the reckless foot going over the top of the ball - I’m no ref but would not have been happy if awarded against me - maybe evened up the Callington Penalty? Scored by Ed 3-1 with 15 to go - frantic last 20 and Koli scored with a long range shot that took a wicked deflection with the last kick of the game.

Without wanting to discuss the ref, there are a couple of points I would make. Firstly Shaun actually officiates at Western Prem and even Southern now. Second point is he stood in at the last minute otherwise there would have been no Ref.
As for his decision making - it did all become very broken. He yellow carded a Callington player after about 7 minutes and spoke to the Callington captain 5 times in the first half about decent from Callington players. It was that, more than anything else, IMO, that had an effect on the game. He was getting abuse for every decision (and even after the match) and perhaps that is why Camelford got more 50/50 decisions. Perhaps, and it is only my opinion had he sin binned a few Callington players overall it may have helped the game. 
I was  very impressed by Callington, good squad with some very decent players. They are far better  than their league position and with a bit of luck and perhaps some thinking about their interactions with the Ref they will quickly climb the league. 

Tamar.man - Camelford played the game, missing their front man and two midfielders. Being second in the league is because they have beaten Dobwalls /Bodmin / Launceston / Newquay / Penryn / St Dennis / Sticker and now Callington and are the only team to have taken points off Liskeard, averaging over 3 goals a game -  all with a low budget / small squad and carrying injuries into every game - so perhaps they do deserve their current position?

3 hours ago, Greygen said:

Thanks, 

Not posted by myself, but have a look at this. Maybe bring a smile to your miserable face 😀7EFF109B-2BDC-4876-AA16-93CCDA110854.thumb.jpeg.d91db1143cc6dc0f0855c8e2a79c300e.jpeg

Aaah that explains it greygen !

As the caption says the night sky just before tonight's fixture . Not at half time . Glad there's no issue with the floodlights ,and glad you enjoyed your tea and pasty .👍

9 hours ago, Toto said:

Alan Carey 

Joint Manager 

BodminTown AFC 

Can understand if players are missing and the gaps needs filling, I just hope some poor sod doesn't miss out because another has been dragged in from a league which isn't even that much better as stated by others and games I've witnessed. 

Do bodmin not have a reserve side they can pick from? 

This duel signings etc needs looking at, I'm pretty sure in leagues lower down the pyramid you can't bring in players signed on from higher leagues. I'm talking a few leagues lower. 

Again Callington with a narrow defeat, always seem to be losing games by 1 goal. Seems like luck isn't on their side at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Greygen - I was at the match and would agree in most part to what you have said.

The first goal was a flick on by Ed and it was scored by Meths. That was within 2 minutes - I felt the Callington penalty was extremely soft - the lad Koli had a very strong game at left back (although I believe he is actually a winger) but considering how powerful he was he went down to the slightest touch. But given and the ref was closer than me. 1-1 after 5 minutes. 
First half may mainly Camels with Callington playing on the break. Camels had a header cleared off the line from point blank range, had a chance where Gus rounded the keeper but missed an open goal - from a very tight angle, had a flick by Ed that left the keeper flat footed and hit the crossbar and about three other good chances to finish the game before young Cam made a great run and left the keeper no chance to make it 2-1 at HT. The incident you mention about the Callington 10 - he actually had the Camels defender in a headlock to ‘turn him’ - they are both powerful units and it was a clear foul - sorry.
 After the game the Callington management felt they could have been 4-1 down easily at half time. 
Second half saw Callington grow more into the game and I thought their two wide outlets were very good - it all just lacked a bit of quality / confidence in the final third. 
Camelford were then awarded a penalty - was it soft, it certainly looked it from where i was a defender won the ball, but I found out later it was for the reckless foot going over the top of the ball - I’m no ref but would not have been happy if awarded against me - maybe evened up the Callington Penalty? Scored by Ed 3-1 with 15 to go - frantic last 20 and Koli scored with a long range shot that took a wicked deflection with the last kick of the game.

Without wanting to discuss the ref, there are a couple of points I would make. Firstly Shaun actually officiates at Western Prem and even Southern now. Second point is he stood in at the last minute otherwise there would have been no Ref.
As for his decision making - it did all become very broken. He yellow carded a Callington player after about 7 minutes and spoke to the Callington captain 5 times in the first half about decent from Callington players. It was that, more than anything else, IMO, that had an effect on the game. He was getting abuse for every decision (and even after the match) and perhaps that is why Camelford got more 50/50 decisions. Perhaps, and it is only my opinion had he sin binned a few Callington players overall it may have helped the game. 
I was  very impressed by Callington, good squad with some very decent players. They are far better  than their league position and with a bit of luck and perhaps some thinking about their interactions with the Ref they will quickly climb the league. 

Tamar.man - Camelford played the game, missing their front man and two midfielders. Being second in the league is because they have beaten Dobwalls /Bodmin / Launceston / Newquay / Penryn / St Dennis / Sticker and now Callington and are the only team to have taken points off Liskeard, averaging over 3 goals a game -  all with a low budget / small squad and carrying injuries into every game - so perhaps they do deserve their current position?

Think that has been missed quoted regarding the level Shaun referees at. He refs at Swpl and Western league like all level 4's, that's due to restructure from the FA this season and not promotion, and certainly won't officiate in the southern league. 

8 hours ago, Kernowknocker said:

Think that has been missed quoted regarding the level Shaun referees at. He refs at Swpl and Western league like all level 4's, that's due to restructure from the FA this season and not promotion, and certainly won't officiate in the southern league. 

Sorry Kernowknocker - i will bow to your knowledge, my point was in response to Greygen being surprised to see Shaun officiating at this (SWPL) level as he thought he did lower levels. I thought Shaun had been a level 4 Ref for 3/4 years and as such, now officiates at SWPL and Western League, and I thought can run the line at step 4.

5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Sorry Kernowknocker - i will bow to your knowledge, my point was in response to Greygen being surprised to see Shaun officiating at this (SWPL) level as he thought he did lower levels. I thought Shaun had been a level 4 Ref for 3/4 years and as such, now officiates at SWPL and Western League, and I thought can run the line at step 4.

Agree on your report above on the game, very fair reflection. 

Maybe I wasn't as honest or harsh on Shaun as a I should have been, because like you said I don't think anyone in the ground thought it was a pen. I don't understand how referee's are able to make these sorts of horrendous decisions without having to answer for those actions. Like everyone else has to in football, fan, manager, player etc 

39 minutes ago, Greygen said:

Maybe I wasn't as honest or harsh on Shaun as a I should have been, because like you said I don't think anyone in the ground thought it was a pen. I don't understand how referee's are able to make these sorts of horrendous decisions without having to answer for those actions. Like everyone else has to in football, fan, manager, player etc 

Where do I find answers from the player's and fans for poor performances and behaviour?

2 hours ago, Greygen said:

How would you like them to answer?

28 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

How would you like them to answer?

This is a topic about all referee's now, not just Shaun. I'd like to see them have an opportunity to speak to the press. (Locally even if its, the local voice or even Rappo and Deacs podcast.) To discuss recent games, and any controversial decisions. I think it would be very refreshing and a lot of people would rather hear them put a hand up and say maybe I got that wrong, rather than argue it's right just to save face.   

26 minutes ago, Greygen said:

This is a topic about all referee's now, not just Shaun. I'd like to see them have an opportunity to speak to the press. (Locally even if its, the local voice or even Rappo and Deacs podcast.) To discuss recent games, and any controversial decisions. I think it would be very refreshing and a lot of people would rather hear them put a hand up and say maybe I got that wrong, rather than argue it's right just to save face.   

Interesting to see what response we get to this suggestion 🤭👍

Just now, Dave Deacon said:

Interesting to see what response we get to this suggestion 🤭👍

I think back to not long ago, to MNF with G.nev and Carra. They said something very similar and I agree, if players and coaches and managers have to speak up. There was some difficult question's to Matt Hayden last time he was on the pod and St Blazey had to release many statements about the situation last year. I don't think it should be different for a referee' if he makes an obvious error and costs team's points. Regardless of what level or what team 

19 minutes ago, Greygen said:

I think back to not long ago, to MNF with G.nev and Carra. They said something very similar and I agree, if players and coaches and managers have to speak up. There was some difficult question's to Matt Hayden last time he was on the pod and St Blazey had to release many statements about the situation last year. I don't think it should be different for a referee' if he makes an obvious error and costs team's points. Regardless of what level or what team 

There's a shortage of ref's now without them having to go through all this hassle. It's local football, not the bloody world cup 🤣

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

There's a shortage of ref's now without them having to go through all this hassle. It's local football, not the bloody world cup 🤣

It is honestly ridiculous the amount people moan about refs on here they give up their free time for minimum expenses to allow the game to happen. They make mistakes. Move on. I don’t need to hear why a ref didn’t allow a push on a player in a game some team lost and the manager feels hard done by. 

27 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

It is honestly ridiculous the amount people moan about refs on here they give up their free time for minimum expenses to allow the game to happen. They make mistakes. Move on. I don’t need to hear why a ref didn’t allow a push on a player in a game some team lost and the manager feels hard done by. 

There wasn't this much fuss on the reverse fixture when Millbrook were denied a definite pen. 

Just to make it perfectly clear - it was not my intention to make any criticism of Shaun (or for the thread to go they way it has) and I felt I made it clear where I felt the blame for a stop start game lay. Both penalties were soft - it happens.  If I didn’t, I apologise to Shaun. When I spoke to him after the game, about the abuse he had received, to his credit he said he was trying to keep 11 players on the pitch (more tolerance than me) and gave what he saw - you cannot ask for any more than that - at any level.