Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney Results 25th September 2021

Life is so unfair.

At Carharrack this aft' there was a minute's silence for Carharrack girl Tara James who died far too young just after the birth of twins (I hope I've got this right), lived in the village all her life. So sad, puts the game of football into perspective.

Carharrack 5, Lizard Argyle 1.

Sounds like a bit of a gallop for the home side but they scored twice in added on time after Lizard, trailing 2 - 1 and looking reasonable candidates for the draw fell 3 - 1 behind to a shot from the left that was meant to be a cross bent inside the far post in the 84th minute. Bit harsh and made the game look out of sight to the visitors now needing to score twice with so little time left. Ironical, then, that those 2 goals were scored, but by Carharrack.

The reds had gone 1-0 up in the 1st minute, a cross-shot from the left by Martin Paynter. They went 2-0 up but not until the 57th minute, a quick turn and shot from about 12 yards. Argyle pulled one back in the 77th minute, up the other end of the field from where I was standing. Then that third goal, plus two more on 90+2 and 90+3.

Ideal conditions for footy: no wind, no rain, no blinding sun, grass from goal to goal. Not the best game of football I've seen. Heard about the debacle at Porthleven during the touch-line banter: apparently a shocking example of poor club management lumbering a once-great club. Happens too often.

Teas a £1, saus bap £2.

Storm had no game so a few of us went and watched dropship v goonhavern 

Goonhavern scored with their first attack of the game straight from kick off to win 1-0.

goonhavern had the lions share of the ball and had a couple ruled out , unfairly for off side, but dropship never gave up.

dropships right back was motm for me.

enjoyable game to watch

Ludgvan Res 1 St Just 3 in Trelawney Premier Division yesterday, so I am told. Don't know why the keague website carries no mention of this. Feels like everybody except Tom Trust has gone to sleep down there. Why not, eh ? Remember not to eat any more blackberries after Michaelmas Day. The spriggans and knockers in Pendeen come out of the mineshsfts and adits and urinate on them at midnight on 29 September. My granny told me that so it must be true.

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Ludgvan Res 1 St Just 3 in Trelawney Premier Division yesterday, so I am told. Don't know why the keague website carries no mention of this. Feels like everybody except Tom Trust has gone to sleep down there. Why not, eh ? Remember not to eat any more blackberries after Michaelmas Day. The spriggans and knockers in Pendeen come out of the mineshsfts and adits and urinate on them at midnight on 29 September. My granny told me that so it must be true.

Down to the clubs to input the score.