Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS FALMOUTH TOWN

Went and watched a brilliant display from very talented Falmouth side but i thought Godolphin where poor tonight Ryan Barnes in the Falmouth goal a virtual spectator he could of gone and joined the brilliant F troop in a sing song they are so good and funny it must b great playing in front of fantastic supporters like that every week  . Falmouth started at a cracking pace and it wasnt long before they where2-0 up Nixon and Olly Walker the scores they where 3-0 up at half time young Ollie Patteson was having a bit of a knightmare misses catches punches it was lucky it wasnt 6 or 8 at half time ,the G s new signing Ed Timmons didnt last long he had to go off injured .Into the 2nd half Falmouth continued to dominate but the G  had 1 player who wasnt afraid to have a go at the Falmouth defence where James Ward and 1 of my all time favs Toby Clark where brilliant . Falmouth had a few players out tonight but where still great to watch the G had some out as welll but the calibre of the players Falmouth have is really good .Met some lovely people tonight Falmouth Supporters look forward to seeing them again when they come to Newquay and that will be a harder game and then they will see how good Jack Bray Evans is .Ok  Ollie Walker and Tim Nixon where tearing the G apart and Ollie WALKER had to go off injured looked like his hamstring had gone and the young lad they brought on Charlie Edney hes some player and so fast  Nice entertainment after the shit week im having . The ref had a good game my MOM for the G young Francis Pengelly gets stuck in he was really good MOM for Falmouth dont know where to start really could be any of them but its the young lad they got from Penance Callejo Stayne he dominated the midfield hello ofa player but Kellow and Balmer had good games as well . Falmouth hell of a team but the G  thought they was playing St Dennis again and couldnt string 2 passes together really 1 last thing young Ollie in the 2nd half made some  brilliant saves in th 2nd half and if it wasnt for him it would of been 10 . Well done Falmouth going to besome team that stops them being Champions it hink NEWQUAY will give them a hell of a game .Hard luck on the will get some easier matches but i think they must try harder like i had a lot in my school report. On to my next match where i will be going to Wadebridge to see Newquay play them in the Vase that is if nothing else goes wrong 

4 hours ago, winston said:

Timmins going off injured early against a good side theres a shock. Doesn't fancy it against the good teams and back against the wall. Seen it many times before from him and you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you.

Last night we suffered 2 serious looking injuries. Josh Pope being assessed for concussion as per protocols and Timmo came off with what looked like a significant hamstring injury. 

Wishing them both a speedy recovery, we’ll know more about both later today. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Or was it Porthleven - thought that was the connection with The G’s through Pat Pat. 

Correct we both played at Porthleven but we didn’t play together. Timmo was actually a coach of mine back in my youth football.

As for the game, Falmouth were comfortable winners, deserved it completely and I don’t see anybody stopping them. But I think calling us poor against the champions elect who are unbeaten and also put 6 past Camelford and 7 past Wadebridge, 2 teams many are suggesting will challenge them is harsh. 

We weren’t at our best, but we weren’t a bunch of mugs either, particularly second half we grew into the game and got at Falmouth at times and on another day maybe come away with a couple goals to our names. In spells we played some really nice football and split Falmouth open, but to be where we want to be spells isn’t enough. Equally we aren’t daft and we know Ollie had a phenomenal second half and did keep the score down, but Barnsey was also forced into some fine saves.

First 35 minutes I agree, we weren’t at the races.

3 hours ago, Adam P said:

Last night we suffered 2 serious looking injuries. Josh Pope being assessed for concussion as per protocols and Timmo came off with what looked like a significant hamstring injury. 

Wishing them both a speedy recovery, we’ll know more about both later today. 

Correct we both played at Porthleven but we didn’t play together. Timmo was actually a coach of mine back in my youth football.

As for the game, Falmouth were comfortable winners, deserved it completely and I don’t see anybody stopping them. But I think calling us poor against the champions elect who are unbeaten and also put 6 past Camelford and 7 past Wadebridge, 2 teams many are suggesting will challenge them is harsh. 

We weren’t at our best, but we weren’t a bunch of mugs either, particularly second half we grew into the game and got at Falmouth at times and on another day maybe come away with a couple goals to our names. In spells we played some really nice football and split Falmouth open, but to be where we want to be spells isn’t enough. Equally we aren’t daft and we know Ollie had a phenomenal second half and did keep the score down, but Barnsey was also forced into some fine saves.

First 35 minutes I agree, we weren’t at the races.

Adam - sorry about the Pat Pat - it’s been a while since we spoke lol. 
I’ve watched The G a few times - I think what you are doing there is fantastic - a team many wrote off before your arrival but now looking a team that will challenge many and building again. 
You are right about Falmouth - teams can give them a real game, problem though is doing it for a full 90 minutes and no one has been able to do that - and to be totally honest I don’t think will - even Liskeard who are the one question left for them. But you never know they play to their best and Falmouth have an off day it could happen. 
Good luck for the season

Nice to meet you as well last night as well Matelot  i expect i will see you and the famous F troop again ver soon cant see anyone stopping the Falmouth team steamrolling everyone in there wake but i think Newquay could spring a surprise in a months time at Bickland Park if Jack Bray Evans plays they may get  a result there if not they havnt got a hope in hell .Why are people having a go at Ed Timmons hes a class player and the G are lucky the have got him . Ryan Barnes in my opinion is the best goalie in Cornwall i remember when he and my son played in same Perranporth team and ou could tell Ryan was going to be good even then ,wIsh my son stuck at his footy he had a hell ofa left foot but he was more into Music thats 1 reason he moved to London and work wise he couldnt get nothing down here but seasonal work now hes living inthe big city and loves it give me Fistral Beach 5 30am in the morning any day 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Adam - sorry about the Pat Pat - it’s been a while since we spoke lol. 
I’ve watched The G a few times - I think what you are doing there is fantastic - a team many wrote off before your arrival but now looking a team that will challenge many and building again. 
You are right about Falmouth - teams can give them a real game, problem though is doing it for a full 90 minutes and no one has been able to do that - and to be totally honest I don’t think will - even Liskeard who are the one question left for them. But you never know they play to their best and Falmouth have an off day it could happen. 
Good luck for the season

No need to apologise, don’t think Pat Pat will be going away any time soon. Feels weird to hear my own name sometimes!!

Thank you for the kind words, it’s nice to see people recognise what we are trying to build at the G. The way myself and Josh look at it is we are 4 months into a 4/5 year plan. And we have every faith in the group of lads we’ve put together. People will write us off still but we’ll always come out fighting and improving! 

Sure I will see you soon!