Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Penryn

Watched Newquay win 3-1 vs Penryn this afternoon  1st half it was that man Jack Bray Evans scoring 1st like he usually does and Ross Fallens putting Newquay 2-0 Newquay pretty much dominated the 1st half dissapointed with Penryn thought they would of proven harder opposition for Newquay Just before Jack Evans scored his 2nd of the game .Jack only played 15mis of the 2nd half before he had to nip off to go to a wedding dissapointed with jack i told him last night to get a hatrick . Penryn much improved in the 2nd half when they brought there 2 subs on and pulled 1 back  when Jack Rapsey rolled the ball across for the no18 to score from .Then we had controversy when Newquay goalie came charging out when a Penryn player was clean through it was a clear foul and a definite pen but the ref and Linesman just gave a drop ball angered the Penryn manager for his outburst and colourful language at the ref for which he was booked for ,but he had a point it was a definite  pen . The ref must of known he made a mistake because it looked like a Newquay player was clearly taken out at the opposite end but the ref waved aside the Newquay protest, Newquay have got to be taken serious and it will be interesting when they play Falmouth that will be some game .The Newquay defence was rock solid with Tom Whipp and Ollie Pinnell dominate at the back and when you got quality players like Joe Cooper to bring on you know you got a good team .I would of given Mom to JBE but he didnt play the whole match so im given it to the excellent Ross Fallens gets through so much work quite fiery at times but thats what makes him such a good player MOM for Penryn there captain No3 .My report isnt so good as Rappos but hes up Scotland searching for Nessie to see if he will sign for Penryn .Also Rappo the Penryn Team Numbers you gave me your boy Jack wasnt no 9 he was no 11 hopefully  will put the team up here still no program or team sheet at Newquay not even announced today .Well  Done Newquay  hard luck Penryn . I thought the Ref had a good game but i dont think the Penryn manager would agree with me ,Not a bad crowd up there still a few visitors around . Hard luck to the G losing 4 -0 away to Bodmin nice easy game on Wednesday when Falmouth come to Godolphin way with the great supporters F troop 

100% great report - thank you. My only issue with Newquay, for all their quality is JBE - when he is allowed to play Newquay win - when not or injured / away Newquay don’t look anyway near as good? 

Reason for message was I was at St Austell game today and heard from two very reliable sources that The G are now paying serious money to attract players - have they a new sponsor - can’t see Tania paying the money that some players are being offered?

Hi Steve, yeah sorry bout the numbers mate, I understand they had the blue away kit today, didn’t think of that! Totally different set of numbers for a few of them cos of shirt sizes etc! I gave you the home red kit numbers for the lads. For example my lad usually wears 10 but was 17 today, plus a few others I expect!? So apologies for that mate! No 18 would have been Morgan Vallejo and No 3 captain Russell May 👌👍️  My boy said JBE scored another worldy! Great player and lad Jack, good to see him fulfilling his undoubted potential. Saw Nessie and asked him but he said if he comes down all that way he only wants to play for Falmouth in front the F Troop mate!! 😁👍

I thought your boy was number 11 Mark but maybe wrong JBE 2nd goal was brilliant he only played half a game he had to get off for a wedding ,he really is wasted in this league hes head and shoulders above most players in this league but hes happy at Newquay .The PENRYN manager got some temper on him and his language with kids around was awful but i saw his point Newquay goalie took Penryn player out clear pen but wasnt given , Penryn where better when they brought 2 subs on they only had 2 Billy Williams was 1 and he was good but 1st half Newquay dominated and Penryn was poor . I can understand Nessie wanting to sign for Falmouth but he wouldnt get in the team there they are too good but the G will sort them out on Wednesday who knows could be a shock or a miracle