Cornwall Football Forum

Combination Semi Final Result

Congratulations to Trevor & his Truro side on a superb footballing performance. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up & admit you were beaten by a better side. I dont think i have ever watched a game where seven goals were scored & the keeper has'nt had a chance with any of them, finishing of the highest quality ! However, nobody i spoke to after the game said that we deserved to lose by that score & we were the better side for the first half hour before being ripped apart by 3 goals in ten minutes, that said, i thought some of the football they played in the second half was different class & i will be glad when we dont have to play them any more ! :P As for my team, you can hold your heads high & we push on for a top 4 finish in the league. Im very proud of you. :thumbsup: Good luck in the final fellas. :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

As a reward Kevin, I would have thought you could have let them off training this week :D

A few people who obviously weren't at the game have queried why the game was so one-sided. Just goes to show what a scoreline suggests! Yes Truro were by far the better side, more skilful and at times in the second-half, their football, played along the deck was a pleasure to watch. But, Port must have felt a bit hard done by going in three down at the break. Especially when they had a great chance to take the lead very early on. Sorry don't know who the Porthleven player was, but should have scored.

Great finishing by Truro though. Not a scrambled goal amongst them!!! :blink:

Also good to have a quick word with you Kevin to hear that you're on the road to recovery after the eye op. :thumbsup:

Let them off training ! Not a chance Dave. What we played against on sunday is the way i want my team to play & fitness is a big part of what Truro are about. Yes they were better than us but it was Danny Williams who had the headed chance & not long after that John Vaughan made a brilliant fingertip save from Matt Fox, 2-0 UP, different game ! But they were a joy to watch in the second half. First time we have spoke this season i think m8 so thanks for the enquiry about the eye. :thumbsup:

As a reward Kevin, I would have thought you could have let them off training this week :D

A few people who obviously weren't at the game have queried why the game was so one-sided. Just goes to show what a scoreline suggests! Yes Truro were by far the better side, more skilful and at times in the second-half, their football, played along the deck was a pleasure to watch. But, Port must have felt a bit hard done by going in three down at the break. Especially when they had a great chance to take the lead very early on. Sorry don't know who the Porthleven player was, but should have scored.

Great finishing by Truro though. Not a scrambled goal amongst them!!! :blink:

Also good to have a quick word with you Kevin to hear that you're on the road to recovery after the eye op. :thumbsup:

3-1 down at the break,even getting it wrong on your day off heee :o