Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - Saturday 18 September 2021

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULT - Saturday 18 September 2021

I was there and Truro were the better team, except in one important aspect, putting the ball in the net. But those who follow TCFC would have noted that in every game they have played this season. Great build up but the final touch is missing. One standout weakness is being unable to defend corners and unable to score from them either. This is an area where work is badly needed.

15 minutes ago, Ozman said:

I was there and Truro were the better team, except in one important aspect, putting the ball in the net. But those who follow TCFC would have noted that in every game they have played this season. Great build up but the final touch is missing. One standout weakness is being unable to defend corners and unable to score from them either. This is an area where work is badly needed.

So you wouldn’t say “useless”?

Parkway 5 Paulton 1

Parkway into the top 5 after sweeping away Paulton with goals from Aaron Bentley, Mikey Williams, Jack Crago (2) and Adam Carter in front of 442 at Bolitho. That's 4 wins from the last 4 league matches now, with 19 scored and only 3 conceded 

Ominously for the rest of the division, Lee Hobbs believed his team only played well in patches and let the opposition off the hook.

9 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway 5 Paulton 1

Parkway into the top 5 after sweeping away Paulton with goals from Aaron Bentley, Mikey Williams, Jack Crago (2) and Adam Carter in front of 442 at Bolitho. That's 4 wins from the last 4 league matches now, with 19 scored and only 3 conceded 

Ominously for the rest of the division, Lee Hobbs believed his team only played well in patches and let the opposition off the hook.

I thought parkway played quite well never really looked like they needed to get out of 2nd gear  . But I guess Lee feels there loads  more he can get out of them. 
I still not sure on the main striker again Tom bath didn’t quite look at it. Carter came on and scored but 1 of them needs to start looking like they want be the main man. 
still an enjoyable game and well reffed by the officials. 

39 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I thought parkway played quite well never really looked like they needed to get out of 2nd gear  . But I guess Lee feels there loads  more he can get out of them. 
I still not sure on the main striker again Tom bath didn’t quite look at it. Carter came on and scored but 1 of them needs to start looking like they want be the main man. 
still an enjoyable game and well reffed by the officials. 

In his post match interview Lee Hobbs made some comments regarding Tom Bath, Adam Carter and challenging them to do more both in terms of goalscoring and general play. Jack Crago scoring freely and Mikey Williams finding his form in front of goal is masking the lack of contribution from the centre forwards.

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Presumably you guys who wrote “useless” were at the game and so please share what was so bad! 

Same story every week. Dominate and lose. A lot of money being spent for the level the club is at, some very nice loan signings. Should be doing better.

The season is in the very early days and I usually wait until after the Christmas fixtures, to judge how a team is going. Truro are far from being useless. Their style of approach play is to be applauded, but no one can deny their finishing has been far below par. I am sure this will turn soon, Paul Wotton is too good a manager not to address this. I forecast we will be in the mix by the season end.

20 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Does make you wonder . The same with Harvey. ? Imagine him as the focal point in that team. Maybe parkway will look at that next year 

Some people at Parkway were concerned that Truro ground sharing at Bolitho would result in City picking off their better, Plymouth based, players. How ironic if the opposite came to pass.

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...