Bridport                              1-3          Cadbury Heath

Buckland Athletic            0-1         Shepton Mallet

Clevedon Town               2-0           Bridgwater United

Ilfracombe Town             1-0           Millbrook

Keynsham Town               0-2        Exmouth Town

Mousehole                       4-1             Street

Wellington                         1-2         Brislington

Bitton 2 Saltash United 2

Hard fought game in which both sides will have felt they could have had the 3 points. As it was, Saltash had a much better second half and two goals from Sam Hughes gave us a point. 

Funny ground, and a very average questionable referee and a very poor linesman. Hey ho, not many teams will come to Bitton and get much. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 18 September 2021
55 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Funny ground? 

Think a Wadebridge pitch from pre levelling (not far off an old Chard Town), an entrance not unlike Millbrook, and an overhang built in by turnstile which was Unitarian. Add in breeze block perimeters with Kimberley style perimeter walls only lower- yup a funny ground.

Friendly locals mind. All 70 odd of them.

11 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Think a Wadebridge pitch from pre levelling (not far off an old Chard Town), an entrance not unlike Millbrook, and an overhang built in by turnstile which was Unitarian. Add in breeze block perimeters with Kimberley style perimeter walls only lower- yup a funny ground.

Friendly locals mind. All 70 odd of them.

Pretty sure Bitton got turned down for promotion to step 4 several years ago as their ground failed the inspections. Makes you wonder how bad it was and what improvements they have carried out since (I went there with Parkway in 2018), especially as they have not concealed their ambitions to go up this season.

15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Pretty sure Bitton got turned down for promotion to step 4 several years ago as their ground failed the inspections. Makes you wonder how bad it was and what improvements they have carried out since (I went there with Parkway in 2018), especially as they have not concealed their ambitions to go up this season.

Think Bittion spend big on players and less on facilities, a bit like PPFC once did, before the super upgrade at Bolitho. Bitton consistently one of the best WL sides. A good result for the Ashes up there!

13 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The County Youth played a final there ,must be roughly 10 years ago now, Millbrook's Tom Paine was in the side which defeated Gloucestershire Youth 4 - 0.

The facilities were good, decent clubhouse although the pitch did slope from goal to goal, did take I bit of finding, around the back of Bristol somewhere. 

Tommy was not impressed !!!

16 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Bitton 2 Saltash United 2

Hard fought game in which both sides will have felt they could have had the 3 points. As it was, Saltash had a much better second half and two goals from Sam Hughes gave us a point. 

Funny ground, and a very average questionable referee and a very poor linesman. Hey ho, not many teams will come to Bitton and get much. 

Twice behind away to the league leaders and one of the promotion favourites, so a point for the Ashes an excellent result.  No football yesterday for me - family commitment, but cheered by this point! Bitton is a team that only recently won easily at Helston. Three very tough ganes v  Buckland, Exmouth & Bitton (two away from home) and seven points in the bag. A very good return. I prediicted top 4-6 for the Ashes pre-season, for once I might be right! 

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Think Bittion spend big on players and less on facilities, a bit like PPFC once did, before the super upgrade at Bolitho. Bitton consistently one of the best WL sides. A good result for the Ashes up there!

There’s a rumbling that the money man has pulled out at Bitton. The defence was good but the centre back looked like he wanted a fag past the 75th min! 

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Twice behind away to the league leaders and one of the promotion favourites, so a point for the Ashes an excellent result.  No football yesterday for me - family commitment, but cheered by this point! Bitton is a team that only recently won easily at Helston. Three very tough ganes v  Buckland, Exmouth & Bitton (two away from home) and seven points in the bag. A very good return. I prediicted top 4-6 for the Ashes pre-season, for once I might be right! 

Indeed, in fact we’ve not played any of the bottom 6 yet, and only Shepton Mallet from the top 7 we’ve not played. The table hasn’t settled down yet and the only time we’ve been totally outplayed in the league was at Bridgwater. 

38 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Indeed, in fact we’ve not played any of the bottom 6 yet, and only Shepton Mallet from the top 7 we’ve not played. The table hasn’t settled down yet and the only time we’ve been totally outplayed in the league was at Bridgwater.

What a great stat. Nice to see 8 former SWPL teams in that league.

p.s. Did a team drop out as there are 19?

9 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

There’s a rumbling that the money man has pulled out at Bitton. The defence was good but the centre back looked like he wanted a fag past the 75th min! 

Agree Phil. I've seen every home gane and Helston, Millbrook (FAC), Exmouth &  Bridgwater away, plus I see a fair few games at Tavi and seen nothing to be overly worried about. This too is an Ashes side that has had plenty of injuries and not hit best form yet. My pre-season tip of top 4-6 looks well judged!