Cornwall Football Forum

Richards back to parkway

See he is on the bench for tonight's match v Bideford. A rapid recovery from the knee injury which, only last Friday, was going to keep him out for two weeks.Craig Veal also in the squad.

In his comments after the Barnstaple league cup defeat, Lee Hobbs seemed to be losing patience with the lack of goals from centre forward. Just one between Tom Bath and Adam Carter so far this season. Richards and Veal amongst the subs (with no Carter in the squad at all) possibly reflect this. 

I thought Richards and veal were only helping out ? Both didn’t get on. 
the Carter one is odd one. He doesn’t look fit enough for that parkway team and signed purely on fact he scored a load  of goals a few years ago, he also been unavailable for a couple games now. 
bath scored last night but I’m not convinced he going to get you the sort of goals Richards would when games are tight. 

From what people who attend all the Parkway matches tell me, Tom Bath just doesn't seem to fit the system. He looks low on confidence and form as a consequence, really hoping that a goal last night will give him a bit of both Undoubtedly a top striker, he scored 20+plus in step 3 for a struggling Dorchester side last season, but that was playing as part of a front two.

Parkway's successful system of the past few seasons has a lone striker with a wide man either side. and three central midfielders, which I cannot see Lee Hobbs changing. Don't think Adam Carter (for all his prolific goal scoring over the years) is the answer, he just hasn't got the pace and mobility to ask questions of step 4 defences. These are both things that Ryan Richards and Craig Veal would bring, but I am not sure how likely it is that either (or both) would come back. Understand that Veal in particular was made a sensational offer to move to Helston.

1 hour ago, Tomm said:

What alternatives are out there for Parkway?

Would Rocky or Harvey at Truro drop down? 

Be interesting next season if Truro go back down to Cornwall.  if you look at the 2 squads. You argue parkway look the more   Complete and a club going places I mean Truro don’t even have a ground. The fan base is hardly anything . . And  parkway is on the door step of a few of the Truro players. Be some tough decisions to make 

13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Be interesting next season if Truro go back down to Cornwall.  if you look at the 2 squads. You argue parkway look the more   Complete and a club going places I mean Truro don’t even have a ground. The fan base is hardly anything . . And  parkway is on the door step of a few of the Truro players. Be some tough decisions to make 

I would say that it is pretty much inevitable that Truro will be playing at Bolitho next season. After that, who knows? Starting to look possible that their landlords will be also be playing in the Southern Premier in the next year or two. Would raise questions regarding which Plymouth side that players based in the city would want to appear for, the one that is playing in front of crowds of 100-ish, or one attracting 450 on a regular basis.

Sportsman10 ,as somebody who obviously attends Bolitho regularly, would you say that Rocky Neal and Tyler Harvey are the only two Truro players that (on current form) would make it into a combined City/Parkway eleven?

It would be tough to choose. If you look at both squads and the strongest 11 on form. You have both Rocky and Harvey. But I guess that would be 1 of crago or Williams dropped. 
the midfield a close call maybe garside would get in 

the defence I wouldn’t swap Davies or lane maybe in central defence would close call  

1 thing I would say. Parkway have far more strength in depth then Truro have. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2021 at 11:30, Way Of The Park said:

From what people who attend all the Parkway matches tell me, Tom Bath just doesn't seem to fit the system. He looks low on confidence and form as a consequence, really hoping that a goal last night will give him a bit of both Undoubtedly a top striker, he scored 20+plus in step 3 for a struggling Dorchester side last season, but that was playing as part of a front two.

Parkway's successful system of the past few seasons has a lone striker with a wide man either side. and three central midfielders, which I cannot see Lee Hobbs changing. Don't think Adam Carter (for all his prolific goal scoring over the years) is the answer, he just hasn't got the pace and mobility to ask questions of step 4 defences. These are both things that Ryan Richards and Craig Veal would bring, but I am not sure how likely it is that either (or both) would come back. Understand that Veal in particular was made a sensational offer to move to Helston.

The re-signing of Carter seems a strange on. Seen him turn out for Bodmin, Mt Gould & Torpoint in recent months.  On each occasion seened not that fit, not that mobile, not that engaged. Richards is quality and Veal doing OK at Helston. Hmmm.