Cornwall Football Forum

West Cornwall Sunday League 2/3

Gerald Sobey Sheild 2nd leg

The Oxford 1 Tremough 2 (h/t 0-1) Agg 2 - 6

Bloody @*%& Students sick of the sight of them now, great game to play with The Oxford putting in a much improved performance but once again the 'curse' of not being able to put away our chances came back to haunt us, with Tremough going ahead against the run of play after some indecision in the Oxford defence and despite dominating the first half we just could'nt score, second half more of the same but we finally managed to get one back with Rob Press scoring from close range, we tried and tried but just got caught short at a corner and Tremough scored their 2nd to seal what was a deserved win over the two legs

Good luck to Tremough in the final and bring on Regent next week

Hopefully Pidge is in for a winners medal!

The game against Booters today was a very tight one and went to extra time.

Booters conceeded a penalty with just 2 minutes to go and James Page scored from the spot.

A great game an well ref'd by the official.

Good luck to Booters with the rest of their league games.

And up the Mpad for the final vs Star.

Gerald Sobey Shield 2nd Leg

Threemilestone 5 Falmouth Albion 1 h/t 2-0 agg 8-2

falmouth albion olny turned up with 10 players and no billy?was a pleasure not having ear ache after the game to ne honest :lol:

tms dominated the game really falmouth not creating anything at all

Steve! Oxfords goal scorer was Shane Davis. I was right next to him as he shinned / bobbled it in! Great battling on the pitch from all the lads today and, as has been pointed out, it's our lack of finishing power that puts us on the back foot especially against a Tremough team that has some good quality and pace throughout the side. Hands held high for my shocking pass that ended with Tremough taking a 1 - 0 lead in the game - although I didn't have a shout of man on!! Thats my story and i'm sticking to it......

Don't think Damo knew quite where he was at the time :clapper: get back where you belong, in our penalty area passing it to the other team :thumbsup:

But in fair play we made a lot fewer mistakes at the back than in previous games and had we had our shooting boots on probably would have won the game but gotta say the Tremough goalie is probably the best i've seen all season, the save he made towards the end from Rob was oustanding

Guest Postie Pidge

Pidge makes another final !!!!!!!

M/PAD 1 V 0 BOOTERS AET 3-2 AGG

Four finals in five years now - too many runners up medals!

Star 0 - 1 Halsetown (Star win 2-1 on aggregate)

I agree with Pressie, if you turn the ball in then its your goal! Shortly before my retirement (lol) against Camborne Park, i turned the ball into the net but that bleedin sod Hickster claimed the goal!!! Its never right! :SM_carton:

Well done to Oxford, thats not a bad result, we know how difficult Tremough are to play against, their a talented, young side.

Guest Postie Pidge

Any idea of the date? Will have to arrange some friendlies in between. Hopefully if its at Wendron it'll be on the main pitch (or at least an adults pitch!)

St Darren. Danicng in the MPad streets? More like a carnival !

Rumour has it that Mark Picken has special tactics lined up already.

I hear he is going for the diamond Christmas tree formation.

But with the European style attacking wing backs and the Brazilian box midfield.

Plus incorporating four holding midfielders and a triple sweeper system for extra safety.

And when the time is right Pidgeon shall make a 90 yard run to suport the two target men.

Sounds like a plan to me. But its all hush hush at the mo.

Be great to have you there Darren. Need or best players for the final and that includes you.

You have been extremely versatile in midfield or at the back this year.

I am sure all the extra running you have been doing recently in preperation for the marathon shall help.

Plus I think Pidgeon has got a few friendlies lined up in the weeks leading up to it.

Fingers crossed see you soon.

St Darren. Danicng in the MPad streets? More like a carnival !

Rumour has it that Mark Picken has special tactics lined up already.

I hear he is going for the diamond Christmas tree formation.

But with the European style attacking wing backs and the Brazilian box midfield.

Plus incorporating four holding midfielders and a triple sweeper system for extra safety.

And when the time is right Pidgeon shall make a 90 yard run to suport the two target men.

Sounds like a plan to me. But its all hush hush at the mo.

We, at Crowntown, tried all that rubbish.

We also tried diamond shape and WM shape. We even gave the squad tictacs, using the same idea as homeopathy - you know if it sounds like it, it must work, crap.

The ONLY formation that keeps going for more than a minute is the tried and trusted "pear shape" - and even that goes to pot when the defence forget the signal for "Panic".

Crowntown's multitude of trophies were with the Assistant Secretary on Sunday 24th February.

He will be delighted to confirm that fact.

That means that all clubs can finish off their Div 2 matches without worrying whether there'll be a trophy at the end of it.

They can also carry on being sporting and be sure of a trophy if they win that one.

In Div one, I suppose that Crowntown had better stop playing or they might become League Champions and not have a trophy. (It is mathematically possible if 6 or seven clubs drop out of the league before the end of the season.)

Well if only them and Oxford are left, they will be champions with four points to Oxford's one ( Comfortable!)