Elmore                                 3-2           Torrington

Ottery St Mary                  2-1          Newton Abbot Spurs

WEST

Callington Town               1-2           Dobwalls

Camelford                           3-0           Sticker

Falmouth Town                4-3             Bodmin Town

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)   8-0         St Dennis

Liskeard Athletic            2-1         Wadebridge Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Midweek Tuesday & Wednesday, Sept 14th & 15th 2021
6 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

PENZANCE  (1)  1          Richards 24’

PENRYN   (2)   4            Rapsey 8’  37’  63’   Leivers 84’

ATT :  104  -   Although no doubt someone will say they counted 105! 🤔🙄

Come on Rappo... let's get your report mate.. there isn't many on here these days and yours are worth reading.. 

Top night for Jack ! 

Honestly can’t be assed Abbo, lot of great people but one too many hoot toots on here for me these days mate! Can’t even have a little opinion on a couple of yellow cards without feeling like I’d murdered someone!! 😳🙄  Worst bit is ive spent most of my life sticking up for refs! Never hassled them as a player, nearly always praised them on here win or lose, and even passed my refs exam while I was still playing and did a few sunday games to understand what a tough job it is in the middle. One little comment supposedly out of place in a report I always try to make fair for both teams and the refs protection league treated me like a criminal!!! One buffoon even said my report was “tainted” and he was 50 miles away at another match!! 😳🙄😂 Decided to just sit there in that nice big stand at Penlee Park and enjoy it tonight mate! Yeah good night for Jack, he set Brads up as well last 5 minutes so he’ll be happy, he enjoys an assist as much as a goal. 👍 Can’t understand that myself mind you mate!! 😂️ Off to Albion Rovers v Kelty Hearts on Saturday and won’t be reporting on that one either Abbo!! 😂👍

15 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Honestly can’t be assed Abbo, lot of great people but one too many hoot toots on here for me these days mate! Can’t even have a little opinion on a couple of yellow cards without feeling like I’d murdered someone!! 😳🙄  Worst bit is ive spent most of my life sticking up for refs! Never hassled them as a player, nearly always praised them on here win or lose, and even passed my refs exam while I was still playing and did a few sunday games to understand what a tough job it is in the middle. One little comment supposedly out of place in a report I always try to make fair and the refs protection league treated me like a criminal!!! Decided to just sit there in that nice big stand at Penlee Park and enjoy it tonight mate! Yeah good night for Jack, he set Brads up as well last 5 minutes so he’ll be happy, he enjoys an assist as much as a goal. 👍 Can’t understand that myself mind mate!! 😂️ Off to Albion Rovers v Kelty Hearts on Saturday and won’t be doing a report on that one either Abbo!! 😂👍

I can't say too much while I'm still playing, I'll pick even more yellows up! Haha . 

Enjoy Saturday... who knows a local Scottish reporter may need a few words ..🤣

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Honestly can’t be assed Abbo, lot of great people but one too many hoot toots on here for me these days mate! Can’t even have a little opinion on a couple of yellow cards without feeling like I’d murdered someone!! 😳🙄  Worst bit is ive spent most of my life sticking up for refs! Never hassled them as a player, nearly always praised them on here win or lose, and even passed my refs exam while I was still playing and did a few sunday games to understand what a tough job it is in the middle. One little comment supposedly out of place in a report I always try to make fair and the refs protection league treated me like a criminal!!! One buffoon even said my report was “tainted” and he was 50 miles away at another match!! 😳🙄😂 Decided to just sit there in that nice big stand at Penlee Park and enjoy it tonight mate! Yeah good night for Jack, he set Brads up as well last 5 minutes so he’ll be happy, he enjoys an assist as much as a goal. 👍 Can’t understand that myself mind mate!! 😂️ Off to Albion Rovers v Kelty Hearts on Saturday and won’t be doing a report on that one either Abbo!! 😂👍

Ignore the trolls.. your match reports are worth reading whether or not people agree with you thats football, opinions is what makes football a great game

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Rappo, what a rubbish report mate and it was the 38th minute Jack got his second not the 37th. If you are not going to report properly don't bother 🤣😂 I learnt years ago to ignore people who don't matter and listen to the people who do.

Pleased for Jack and catch up soon at Perranporth one Saturday mate. Cheers Brian 👍💪🍻

Haha knew I needed a new stopwatch Bri!! 😂  Yeah you’re absolutely spot on mate, took a bit of ribbing for it to be honest! A few mates have text and said I’m the most laid back bloke they know and found it funny I got a bit wound up about it! Bit disappointed with myself really to let the trolls get under my skin! They’re just looking for more bites than Ted Tuckerman and I reacted to it! 🐠🐟🐳  Nice to hear from you Bri and good luck for the season, try and get over to watch a match soon mate 👍

12 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Any cards dished out 🤷‍♂️  Just asking 😂

6 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

One buffoon even said my report was “tainted” and he was 50 miles away at another match!!

Seems that Rappo is intent on carrying on his written assault on anyone who has an opinion that appears to different to his with his latest contribution being above.
"We Two '' would indicate that two people are responsible for a forum published opinion, and the opinion that he was referring to was written by my wife.
She has explained that it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but it has attracted the comment above with pathetic, gobshite numpties, idiots, and troll thrown in on various posts for good measure.
Although we were 50 miles away and therefore it seems didn't qualify to comment on various posts about the Penryn v Sticker match, it appears to be O.K. to chastise someone you have never met with unpleasant vitriol.
This forum should be for people who have an interest in Cornwalls football, and not a means to exchange unpleasantries, whereas banter is always acceptable.

In an attempt to put this paticular item to bed Rappo, and accept our differences so that others who appreciate your contributions can continue to do so, can we draw a line under this episode. and in the interest of local football move on with no hard feelings on both sides of the fence.

You started it mate!!! 😂 Pretty obvious who it was aimed at but of course happy to put it to bed! Already over it to be fair! And if it was indeed your wife who wrote the original post I’ll apologise for calling her a buffoon! My mum didn’t bring me up like that to call a female names god bless her. I know you don’t know me but I’ve scored 2012 competitive goals, won 5 SWL championships playing in some great Cornish teams with brilliant players and represented Cornwall 82 times at all levels. I’ve played in every league in the county at all standards since I first kicked a ball for Probus u9s back in 1976!! And as you’ve probably noticed I’ve got many good friends that I’ve met through cornish football. I like to think those 45 years make me fairly qualified to have an opinion on all things Cornish football!! Having said that it doesn’t make me an expert and I’ve got no problem with someone disagreeing with my opinion or report which I’ve always tried to make fair to the best of my ability (ask anyone who knows me) my only gripe was having my honesty questioned. Once again, happy to apologise for letting myself get rattled and the unpleasantries involved. Indeed if you ever see me at a match in the future, please introduce yourself and I’ll drop a head butt smack on your bugle!! 😂😂 Seriously though please come and shake my hand and I’ll happily buy you and the wife a half time cup of tea and apologise in person. I’m not an argumentative type of guy and I’ve got no bitterness towards anyone, so best wishes to you both and keep enjoying and supporting the lovely game of Cornish football. 👍

39 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

You started it mate!!! 😂 Pretty obvious who it was aimed at but of course happy to put it to bed! Already over it to be fair! And if it was indeed your wife who wrote the original post I’ll apologise for calling her a buffoon! My mum didn’t bring me up like that to call a female names god bless her. I know you don’t know me but I’ve scored 2012 competitive goals, won 5 SWL championships playing in some great Cornish teams with brilliant players and represented Cornwall 82 times at all levels. I’ve played in every league in the county at all standards since I first kicked a ball for Probus u9s back in 1976!! And as you’ve probably noticed I’ve got many good friends that I’ve met through cornish football. I like to think those 45 years make me fairly qualified to have an opinion on all things Cornish football!! Having said that it doesn’t make me an expert and I’ve got no problem with someone disagreeing with my opinion or report which I’ve always tried to make fair to the best of my ability (ask anyone who knows me) my only gripe was having my honesty questioned. Once again, happy to apologise for letting myself get rattled and the unpleasantries involved. Indeed if you ever see me at a match in the future, please introduce yourself and I’ll drop a head butt smack on your bugle!! 😂😂 Seriously though please come and shake my hand and I’ll happily buy you and the wife a half time cup of tea and apologise in person. I’m not an argumentative type of guy and I’ve got no bitterness towards anyone, so best wishes to you both and keep enjoying and supporting the lovely game of Cornish football. 👍

And half of those goals were offside but the referee never gave it...bleddy referees...lol.

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Bloody hell go back to match reports I’m in bloody tears here , cmon softy I want to hear about the boys hatrick , just don’t mention the manager 🤣🤣🤣

Falmouth Town 4. Bodmin Town 3.

Historically this game invariably delivers lots of drama and this one was no exception.

Falmouth took the lead around half way through the first half from a trademark header from James Ward having missed two previous chances earlier on. A few minutes later Ward made a mistake that left the pacy Dan Jennings one on one against Ryan Barnes and he scored convincingly. 

The game was fairly even after that until Luke Barner flicked a 2nd goal in from the 6 yard box from a centre by Dave Broglino.

A mad 5 minutes in the 2nd half saw Bodmin take the lead following an own goal and a fine solo effort from Sol Wheatley according to Twitter. The Bodmin #14 was a danger to Falmouth all evening with his powerful runs, strong challenges and effective pressing which broke up the Falmouth play on numerous occasions.

Once at 3-2, the match started to get a bit scrappy until a breakaway goal scored by Luke Brabyn restored parity. Both sides then threatened but having created and wasted a few more chances, substitute Andreas Calejas-Stayne scored the winner in front of a delirious F-Troop.

On balance, Falmouth deserved the win based on opportunities created, but Bodmin were by far the toughest side they have faced this season. Some in the crowd claimed that a few "ringers" we're included from higher leagues so maybe someone more knowledgeable could comment on that.

Anyway, Falmouth somehow maintained there 100% record and now face Dobwalls on Saturday in a bit to avenge last season's defeat.

Finally, another great crowd which surely was in excess of 300. A great atmosphere was created and the jeopardy from the game being so close added some tension to the occasion as well.

26 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Historically this game invariably delivers lots of drama and this one was no exception.

Falmouth took the lead around half way through the first half from a trademark header from James Ward having missed two previous chances earlier on. A few minutes later Ward made a mistake that left the pacy Dan Jennings one on one against Ryan Barnes and he scored convincingly. 

The game was fairly even after that until Luke Barner flicked a 2nd goal in from the 6 yard box from a centre by Dave Broglino.

A mad 5 minutes in the 2nd half saw Bodmin take the lead following an own goal and a fine solo effort from Sol Wheatley according to Twitter. The Bodmin #14 was a danger to Falmouth all evening with his powerful runs, strong challenges and effective pressing which broke up the Falmouth play on numerous occasions.

Once at 3-2, the match started to get a bit scrappy until a breakaway goal scored by Luke Brabyn restored parity. Both sides then threatened but having created and wasted a few more chances, substitute Andreas Calejas-Stayne scored the winner in front of a delirious F-Troop.

On balance, Falmouth deserved the win based on opportunities created, but Bodmin were by far the toughest side they have faced this season. Some in the crowd claimed that a few "ringers" we're included from higher leagues so maybe someone more knowledgeable could comment on that.

Anyway, Falmouth somehow maintained there 100% record and now face Dobwalls on Saturday in a bit to avenge last season's defeat.

Finally, another great crowd which surely was in excess of 300. A great atmosphere was created and the jeopardy from the game being so close added some tension to the occasion as well.

No line up on the Bodmin Twitter page but they do have access to a few higher league players so wouldn’t surprise me. Still Falmouth found a way to win and March on. Will take some stopping 

6 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

No line up on the Bodmin Twitter page but they do have access to a few higher league players so wouldn’t surprise me. Still Falmouth found a way to win and March on. Will take some stopping 

Bodmin line-up according to Falmouth Packet.

Bodmin Town

1 O. Chenoworth, 2 D. Magee, 3 E. Crawford, 4 J. Bentley, 5 T. Chambers, 6 R. Kane, 7 S. Colwell, 8 R. Shanley, 9 L. Landricombe, 10 D. Jennings,11 S. Wheatley

7 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Crowd 325  👍

Took in Dobwalls vs Callington last night after speaking with a groundhopper who was looking for a game Wednsday night in Cornwall via twitter!

The game as expected started at a frantic pace with Callington dominating the ball from the start, with I think I was stood with his uncle that Owen Raven the young mans name, who was instrumental in how they played last night receiving the ball from the keeper and keeping the ball well. Dobwalls eventually folded under the pressure when the full back tried to play a back pass to the Dobwalls keeper when the Callington number 9 managed to run onto the ball before finishing well passed the keeper.

Dobwalls responded well, (not fashionable, but effective.) By first touch, then send it as high and as wide as possible to the forward men. Callington defended well, but saw them selves pegged back from a very well worked corner routine from the visitors. Dobwalls found themselves infront just before half time, when an identical set piece found the same player un markered at the back post for a free header. 2-1 at the break! - Time for a tea and pasty

The second half was definitely going to be a cracker, and didn't disappoint despite the result not changing. Callington continued to probe with some smart football building up from the back, and saw the center back hit the post and rattle the cross bar minutes apart after some great deliveries into the box, Jake Miller then had one of the line once he rounded the keeper & the number 10 hit a thunderous effort which clipped the cross bar on the way over, even with the Dobwalls keeper making two outstanding saves to keep his side in the game.

Dobwalls, will definitely be over the moon to manage to hang onto the points. Effective team with the ball in the air a mismatch in playing styles but a great game to watch for the people in attendance. Despite all the chances on goal for Callington, Dobwalls was very effective at slowing the game down wasting the time to see the game out, would love to have seen the Ref hurry play on at times, but a great game for a Wednesday night!

47 minutes ago, mattelot said:

In comparison TIVERTON V SALISBURY in the southern league 328 .

Saw that on Twitter, be interesting to see the 'Non-League Crowds' posting later for all the steps.  Great game last night, if a little nerve wracking at times.  Good match report in The Packet today.  Well done to the team for digging in and carving out the win.

UTT  🖤💛

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I know it's only September, but it is does look like Falmouth's title to lose. Should they win the league, will they be the most popular Peninsula League champions for many years? (Except of course with the clubs who will miss the F-Troop's spending power on match days). Seems to be a team that plays attractive football with a nucleus of local players, and a well liked manager.

3 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I know it's only September, but it is does look like Falmouth's title to lose. Should they win the league, will they be the most popular Peninsula League champions for many years? (Except of course with the clubs who will miss the F-Troop's spending power on match days). Seems to be a team that plays attractive football with a nucleus of local players, and a well liked manager.

The style Falmouth play is certainly exciting as well as refreshing to the eye, but I have to say that to make a game as exciting as last night’s it takes two and hats off to Bodmin for contributing. They made sure it wasn’t an easy ride for the league leaders.

32 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I think it’s way they’ve gone about it, gradually getting better each year, after being heavily doubted in the early days. No real ‘big name players’ and play an exciting brand of football with so much pace at their disposal. Good luck to them, it’s great to see!

41 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Would love to see a Falmouth v  parkway game at bolitho park. Would imagine it would be a great atmosphere and a massive Crowd and a superb game. 

Could happen next season in the FA Cup I guess. Would be a 1000 plus attendance, with more than a few locals in the St Peters Road area complaining about the car parking and traffic. Heard there were a few upset folk demonstrating before the game on Tuesday evening.

43 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:
44 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Could happen next season in the FA Cup I guess. Would be a 1000 plus attendance, with more than a few locals in the St Peters Road area complaining about the car parking and traffic. Heard there were a few upset folk demonstrating before the game on Tuesday evening.

To be fair I can see why they complain the parking on the pavement is horrendous 

blocking drives etc. The car park just isn’t big enough  not sure what the answer is unless some sort of park and ride at argyle  then a bus to the ground. 

4 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

It was pretty bad back in the days when the attendance was 150-ish, can only imagine what it is like now with regular gates for Parkway games up towards the 500 mark. I know the club do make people aware of the limited parking at the ground via the website/social media, and advise of the numerous bus routes available for Bolitho Park.

4 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

4 days earlier F A Vase  Bodmin 3--Crediton 3   Attendance 65

There's  quite a lot of ex truro fans that have come into the fold Mike, and I also noted several Helston fans in attendance last night, and why not ? what's not to like about watching local lads with a great team spirit playing for the shirt ,in a proper football atmosphere provided by the F troop.

1 minute ago, mattelot said:

There's  quite a lot of ex truro fans that have come into the fold Mike, and I also noted several Helston fans in attendance last night, and why not ? what's not to like about local lads with a great team spirit playing for the shirt ,in a proper football atmosphere provided by the F troop.

Mentioned it elsewhere on this forum in a previous post, but it must be a worry for Truro City that the longer they stay away from Cornwall, then there is a risk that their fans (especially the more casual ones in the area) will just get out of the habit of watching them. Especially with a resurgent Falmouth potentially playing in the Western League next season, and no realistic prospect of the new ground being ready until the 2023/24 campaign at the earliest.

Agree with Dave Deacon when he made comments about Truro City Under 18's playing their FA Youth Cup matches in Plymouth, would have thought that the club would do everything possible to keep them visible in the county.