Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 11 September 2021

@RAPPO pretty honest report mate..

The cards were all dished out for trivial or petty infringements

And far worse things went unpunished whereas a correctly issued card in the beginning wouldnt have led to any of it. 

Tbe penalty in the first half for handball probably should have been given but it was one of those that 50% of the time its given and 50% its not. 

The standard of the league isnt fantastic if truth be told. Having played in the combo and ecpl 20 years ago when both leagues pretty much had 20 teams in them i would have said that standard was better back then. 

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed the run out but im feeling it today.. Had to move sofas washing machines and fridge freezers as my son moved house today.. Not good on the the thighs... 

We have always ( fairly we hope ) commented on various subjects and posts on this forum and will continue to do so without the need to resort to insults and name calling because of someone disagreeing with our views.
We have no connection with refereeing in the slightest, but we do recognise their importance to the game and the effort they put in to allow 90 minutes of football to be played.
If Rappo,s reaction to our original post is typical of the ex football fraternity, and opposing opinions are frowned upon, maybe it's not such a good idea for some retired footballers to take up the whistle after all.
As already mentioned earlier, Rappo was never named in our post, he chose to believe that it was posted about his report, and reacted in the manner he did which was entirely uncalled for.
Lets hope we can draw a line under this subject now and continue to enjoy the football in our county.

11 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah I’m home here in tears, throwing my toys around, absolutely distraught that a few hoot toots hiding behind an alias name didn’t like what I said!! 🙄🙄 The lads that actually know me have backed me up as an honest and fair bloke and that’s good enough for me, couldn’t give a shit about the other few gobby numpties if I ’m honest. Just realised you’re better off keeping your opinions good or bad to yourself on here these days and avoid the saddo’s. Getting a bit boring even for me now so any chance of drawing a line under it cos can’t be assed to keep talking about it, I’ve actually got a life to get on with!!  🙄👍

This is the Cornwall Football Forum, the definition of the word "forum" from the Oxford English dictionary is as below;

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Rappo, 100%,Older, BOBJFH and the rest, keep it coming please.

So you are not writing on here anymore thought you had thicker skin than that Mark dont let the buggers get to you, I dont i take lots of crap and Just laugh it off i love the banter and winding people up and will continue .Hope you reconsider Mark if you pack in writing they have won you got lots of kickings in your playing days surely you can take some on here .Most of the ones that have had a go at you dont even go to matches anyway they just sit at home and read reports people like you and me write and they never even went to the match.Out Fistral this morning got talking to this bloke from St Austell about football and he was telling me St Blazey are prepared to offer silly money for Jack Bray Evans ,cant see Jack ever leaving Newquay hes 1 of the few loyal players left in local football 

Woke up this morning and realised it’s 18 years ago today that our great mate and team mate Dave Gardner passed away aged just 36. He fought until the last minute thinking of others like he always did on the football pitch. Anyone who knows Cornish football will remember him fondly I’m sure. If someone up above can take an unbelievable bloke like Dave away then any of us could go tomorrow. Puts all this crap into perspective really! Apologies I let myself get wound up a bit by people I don’t even know hiding behind made up names. Ridiculous when I think about it 🙄 Time to move on and god bless to Dave, played county youth together from the age of 16, won many trophies together in our great Falmouth Town team and ended up playing vets football together. A top bloke that would light up any room or pitch he walked into. Never forgotten by all your many mates Dave ❤️💛🖤

On 11/09/2021 at 18:49, Thomas mcabe said:

Back to the drawing board at st Blazey! 
Time to give some of the exciting  youngsters from the youth/reserves in the team as there is to many has beens in the starting 11. 
have faith in Laffs though to get it right! 
by far the best coach/manager at this level. 

In fairness to St Blazey they didn't play that badly. Dobwalls came out of the blocks and scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes, the visitors rallied and just after the break pulled a goal back.

More or less from the restart the hosts restored their 3 goal lead and went on to score a couple more.

It was one of those days where the shots found the target and in that form dobwalls would have been a match for anyone in this league.

48 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In fairness to St Blazey they didn't play that badly. Dobwalls came out of the blocks and scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes, the visitors rallied and just after the break pulled a goal back.

More or less from the restart the hosts restored their 3 goal lead and went on to score a couple more.

It was one of those days where the shots found the target and in that form dobwalls would have been a match for anyone in this league.

Yes dobwalls  played well, a lot better than when I see them beat Bodmin. But Blazey were shoddy at the back, 2nd goal came off the fellas backside.

5 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Woke up this morning and realised it’s 18 years ago today that our great mate and team mate Dave Gardner passed away aged just 36. He fought until the last minute thinking of others like he always did on the football pitch. Anyone who knows Cornish football will remember him fondly I’m sure. If someone up above can take an unbelievable bloke like Dave away then any of us could go tomorrow. Puts all this crap into perspective really! Apologies I let myself get wound up a bit by people I don’t even know hiding behind made up names. Ridiculous when I think about it 🙄 Time to move on and god bless to Dave, played county youth together from the age of 16, won many trophies together in our great Falmouth Town team and ended up playing vets football together. A top bloke that would light up any room or pitch he walked into. Never forgotten by all your many mates Dave ❤️💛🖤

This Rappo is what counts. Remember seeing Dave in his heyday and was special. 

Don’t let a keyboard warrior destroy you infection and love of Cornish Soccer and your reports. Next time you’re up at Kimberley hunt us down and I’ll buy you a pint as a thanks.

7 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

Most ironic thing! Looks like this might bit Penryn in the behind tomorrow 😂😂

8039C4EA-B83B-4086-9250-F4368693852B.jpeg

That’s crazy! There’s one Peninsula West game that night surely they could have chosen someone else. I never like the idea of a ref doing the same side two games running, no matter how good they are!

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Mark - you not taking messages now?

Not worth doing a match report to be honest Martin, seems you can’t even have an opinion on a subject, especially any refereeing decisions! That last pathetic comment just backs it up for me! Hope with his alias name the guy isn’t actually anything to do with refereeing!?  A ref favouring one team over another because of an individual that’s nothing to do with Penryn trying to write an honest match report!? 🤭🙄 Hoping it was a joke with the laughing faces!

Thanks Phil, had a great time at Saltash watching the pre season friendly against Middlesbrough, will definitely be up again to watch Dane and the lads again ASAP. I’ll look out for you mate, hope you have a great season 👍 Yeah Dave was a special bloke on and off the pitch and we all miss him as much today as we did 18 years ago 💛🖤

Sorry Bob, busy day!! Yeah always take a message off you mate! I’ll check the inbox 👍

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Not worth doing a match report to be honest Martin, seems you can’t even have an opinion on a subject, especially any refereeing decisions! That last pathetic comment just backs it up for me! Hope with his alias name the guy isn’t actually anything to do with refereeing!?  A ref favouring one team over another because of an individual that’s nothing to do with Penryn trying to write an honest match report!? 🤭🙄 Hoping it was a joke with the laughing faces!

Thanks Phil, had a great time at Saltash watching the pre season friendly against Middlesbrough, will definitely be up again to watch Dane and the lads again ASAP. I’ll look out for you mate, hope you have a great season 👍 Yeah Dave was a special bloke on and off the pitch and we all miss him as much today as we did 18 years ago 💛🖤

Sorry Bob, busy day!! Yeah always take a message off you mate! I’ll check the inbox 👍

He just wants to talk about box nets. 😁

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The referee did nothing wrong in the game,  nothing overly controversial...so why not?

Can't see any reason why not.

As long as he brings his glasses git on wiv it in my opinion. 

He’ll have the mighty pope to deal with otherwise ayy. That’s enough to put any poor ref off. Looking forward to the game 👍🏼

5 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

This Rappo is what counts. Remember seeing Dave in his heyday and was special. 

Don’t let a keyboard warrior destroy you infection and love of Cornish Soccer and your reports. Next time you’re up at Kimberley hunt us down and I’ll buy you a pint as a thanks.

Met Dave on many occasions and didn't realise it had been that long since his passing. One of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.  

Have  officiated at many of his memorial tournaments and felt honoured to be asked.

Dave epitomised what football should be about, it's a great shame that a lot of today's players and management do not appreciate how great a game football is when played in the right spirit !!.

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The referee did nothing wrong in the game,  nothing overly controversial...so why not?

Can't see any reason why not.

As long as he brings his glasses git on wiv it in my opinion. 

Never any suggestion there was any refereeing issue, I just think with the number of refs available, it’s a shame they couldn’t share it out a bit better! 

3 hours ago, winston said:

Hearing some movement at blazey this week after the weekend battering. Some deadwood being sent on their way and replacements added.

The pre season buzz around Blazey and the appointment of Phil Lafferty appears to have disappeared (despite only 8 games being played and a revamped squad sitting in the top 5). No idea what your sources are Winston, but the comment about "deadwood" is interesting. Wasn't all this "deadwood" players that were brought in by the new management team six months ago? Seems a bit early to press the panic button (the Dobwalls defeat can be passed off as just one of those games), hope the flying start made by Falmouth hasn't spooked a few people at Blaise Park.

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

One game on in the Swpl West - I can’t believe there was absolutely no one else available!

Are you talking about games or refs?

Sadly only 6 (or is it now 5) of the 18 (now 17) clubs play on a Tuesday.

Newquay and Wadebridge have gone over to the dark side (Wednesdays).

Annoying for me as I don’t do Wednesdays.

38 minutes ago, baldy said:

Are you talking about games or refs?

Sadly only 6 (or is it now 5) of the 18 (now 17) clubs play on a Tuesday.

Newquay and Wadebridge have gone over to the dark side (Wednesdays).

Annoying for me as I don’t do Wednesdays.

I was talking about refs

On 12/09/2021 at 15:09, Bobjfh said:

Mark - great picture, I do think Camelford’s playing surface is one of the best in the league. I agree that Falmouth would be a great addition to the Western League but not sure about the drop in standards - it’s a little like comparing apples and bananas as different types of leagues. 
As for Ollie and Jack - I’ve had the pleasure of watching them both about 6 years and for me Ollie as become an outstanding player. Not certain Jack has YET, I know how good he is (fairly sure he has got to England schools level) but not too sure on his all round midfield play - when you have 9 good players around you making great runs it can be easy to shine, his break up play and game management will improve when playing at a higher standard. They will be two big losses for Falmouth when back at Uni and I look forward to seeing them when back (as long as not against Camelford lol)

🤣🤣🤣Jack was head and shoulders above any midfielders on display ,thought he ran the game ,and as for your” not yet comment “ !if he wins the league with Falmouth 🤞🏻he would have every senior medal in Cornish football at the age of 21 ! Us F troop love watching him play for the town 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Falmouth boy said:

🤣🤣🤣Jack was head and shoulders above any midfielders on display ,thought he ran the game ,and as for your” not yet comment “ !if he wins the league with Falmouth 🤞🏻he would have every senior medal in Cornish football at the age of 21 ! Us F troop love watching him play for the town 👍🏻

Falmouth Boy - I meant no offence to Jack at all, I think he is a great player and any team would love him, at this league or certainly higher - I just believe he has even more to give. If my comment did not reflect that, it was not what I meant. 

9 hours ago, Falmouth boy said:

Agree with Falmouth Boy. He has been excellent this season and has stood out amongst a team already full of quality players. He would walk into any team in this league.... and most in the league above.