Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES saturday 11th and Wednesday 15th September

Cracking comeback result for St Teath today beating St Cleer 2-1 with multiple Liskeard 1st team players. 

St Cleer took the lead from an error and the Liskeard striker bagged the first of the game. 1-0
St Teath responded with a cracking goal when Wren closed down the goalkeeper and Clemens scored from range with a fine volley. 1-1
Minutes later and St Teath went 2-1 up when a Brown 30 yard free kick was thumbled over the line by the home goalie. 1-2.

St Cleer had the majority of possession in the second half but couldn’t find an equaliser and credit must go to St Teath for another fine victory. 

Great win for newlyn today, ref somehow played 61 mins in the second half. No major stoppages so no idea where he amassed so much time. Keeper for newlyn made numerous first class saves. Full blooded encounter that was won by the better side. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Good comeback from St Blazey. 2 wins in four days has given them a big boost. St Blazey v Foxhole on Wednesday should be a good watch.

No one wants foxhole midweek. 🤣

11 minutes ago, claret&blue said:

Definition of multiple

consisting of, including, or involving more than one

3 is multiple so Humpfry11 was correct 😁

:) To most of us "multiple" could also suggest "a lot"! Two starting shouldn't really make that much difference to a game. Even then, one I think is 16 and only played once for Liskeard, which we would agree isn't a multiple number of appearances!  👍

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

:) To most of us "multiple" could also suggest "a lot"! Two starting shouldn't really make that much difference to a game. Even then, one I think is 16 and only played once for Liskeard, which we would agree isn't a multiple number of appearances!  👍

It should have made a difference really. St Teath had 3 regular starters missing and deserve credit for a hard earned victory. Most teams would have wrote them off today. 

12 hours ago, Humpfry11 said:

Cracking comeback result for St Teath today beating St Cleer 2-1 with multiple Liskeard 1st team players. 

St Cleer took the lead from an error and the Liskeard striker bagged the first of the game. 1-0
St Teath responded with a cracking goal when Wren closed down the goalkeeper and Clemens scored from range with a fine volley. 1-1
Minutes later and St Teath went 2-1 up when a Brown 30 yard free kick was thumbled over the line by the home goalie. 1-2.

St Cleer had the majority of possession in the second half but couldn’t find an equaliser and credit must go to St Teath for another fine victory. 

It was a choice of multiple (2) or call the game off due to COVID 🤷🏻‍♂️, but you defended well second half, some very strange decisions helped second half in my opinion too.

7 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

It was a choice of multiple (2) or call the game off due to COVID 🤷🏻‍♂️, but you defended well second half, some very strange decisions helped second half in my opinion too.

If you look at full time and our previous team sheets you will see the names of Player Manager Aaron Saunders, Finn Bartlett,Adam King,Jordan Dennis,Karl Gross, Matt Pascoe and Joe Moynan all missing from yesterday’s team sheet

17 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

If you look at full time and our previous team sheets you will see the names of Player Manager Aaron Saunders, Finn Bartlett,Adam King,Jordan Dennis,Karl Gross, Matt Pascoe and Joe Moynan all missing from yesterday’s team sheet

Im sure some strange misses/missed placed passes/missed tackles helped in the loss too! Don’t moan when you don’t get a referee with stupid comments like that.

No lineman’s are you going back to the 60s  , they linos in the prem can make mistakes and they are deemed professional and usually the clubs linesmen are the poor old bugger thats trying to help best he can.  surely no one in this game was playing for the World Cup and it was just three well earn points for the away side and a home side that didn’t perform with their extra Liskeard players assisting them due to covid . 
i am sure there will be Another World Cup final next week somewhere 🤣

37 minutes ago, get in said:

No lineman’s are you going back to the 60s

70s 👍

9 minutes ago, St George said:

and the ONLY way St Cleer could ever possibly fulfil the fixture was by playing Liskeard first team players??????

I always seemed to think that players raised their game when up against higher level opponents