Bridport                            0-4         Wellington

Bridgwater United          1-2         Ilfracombe Town

Brislington                        1-2         Street

Keynsham Town              0-4         Clevedon Town

Millbrook                          1-3         Buckland Athletic

Shepton Mallet                2-0         Cadbury Heath

Tavistock                          2-3         Helston Athletic

16 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Stuart bowker is a must in the starting line up for Helston... Although veal and Tucker also very good. 

He brings goals... He brings character... And he. Just brings spice 😂

Probably my favourite local player

Definitely gets goals and doesn’t give defenders any rest. Looks a lot fitter then when he was at Bodmin as well. 

2 hours ago, Footy follower said:

Stuart bowker is a must in the starting line up for Helston... Although veal and Tucker also very good. 

He brings goals... He brings character... And he. Just brings spice 😂

Probably my favourite local player

Bowks always great value. Good striker. Rather 'finely balanced' in the penalty area though 😉 Bowks and the Waltz would make great panto villans!

Mr Bowker, favourite. No, totally the opposite for me and has been for several seasons. Just play football and he's obviously good value but he constantly tries to run games for the referee, yes, a pantomime artist when it comes to going down injured and generally not a nice person on a football pitch. Attitude springs to mind. Last night at Tavistock, Helston were worthy of the 4-1 if Josh Oak hadn't saved a pen late on and Prynners late superstrike gave the home team some respectibility at the final whistle. The Lambs will struggle to challenge seriously at the top if they don't quickly find a solution to their ongoing unavailability issues. Back to Bowker, he's been around long enough to know that after being subbed he cannot spend the remaining 20 ish mins in the dug out and 'surrounding areas' still in his playing strip. But that's just an example of what did I say earlier, his attitude.

25 minutes ago, unclebilltc said:

Mr Bowker, favourite. No, totally the opposite for me and has been for several seasons. Just play football and he's obviously good value but he constantly tries to run games for the referee, yes, a pantomime artist when it comes to going down injured and generally not a nice person on a football pitch. Attitude springs to mind. Last night at Tavistock, Helston were worthy of the 4-1 if Josh Oak hadn't saved a pen late on and Prynners late superstrike gave the home team some respectibility at the final whistle. The Lambs will struggle to challenge seriously at the top if they don't quickly find a solution to their ongoing unavailability issues. Back to Bowker, he's been around long enough to know that after being subbed he cannot spend the remaining 20 ish mins in the dug out and 'surrounding areas' still in his playing strip. But that's just an example of what did I say earlier, his attitude.

He stayed in his playing strip.... Wow... He is more of a bad boy than I thought!! 

6 hours ago, Keith B said:

Good win by Helston at Tavistock. The team to watch !

Was a good win, but come on.. When your giving out like 2 grand signing on bonuses, Xmas bonuses over 100 a game etc they should be winning the league. 

Granted if they have the budget then fair play, but nobody at this level is worth that much. 

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Obviously fiction and  there not a single player for Helston that would require £2000 pound to sign on. 

They are on good money as they wouldn’t travel all that way else. 

It’s only fiction if you have evidence to the contrary.

10 minutes ago, unclebilltc said:

Nope, no evidence but £4000 was the figure circulating amongst the home crowd, who are usually in the know, for Tyler Elliot on Tuesday.

problem is, people on here like to pretend that the players are playing for the badge and get travelling expenses at best. Forgetting the likes of Veale was at fellow big spenders Parkway and has suddenly moved down a league.... additional travelling for him and i'm sure he's doing it for £20 petrol money

I have no clue if the figures being quoted are correct but one thing is certain - the club are not paying those sorts of figures. It really is odd to read all those with an opinion, who sound surprised as if it is a new phenomenon. Do you think Truro players winning the Vase did it for free?Did all the ex-pros who have played in local football did it for free? There are many many examples of money being paid - even in the Trelawney League, so unless it is coming directly out of your pocket, I don't see what the problem is? Today it is Helston, yesterday is was Parkway or some other ambitious club and tomorrow it just might be your club. If someone wants to spend his OWN money, then who are any of us to say otherwise. Suck it up fellas - your club could be next!! But then it will probably be ok then lol. And yes, some holier-than-thou person will come on here and say that it wasn't anything like those figures now quoted but I know of people who were given jobs etc and figures now are also relevant to the cost of living.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

I have no clue if the figures being quoted are correct but one thing is certain - the club are not paying those sorts of figures. It really is odd to read all those with an opinion, who sound surprised as if it is a new phenomenon. Do you think Truro players winning the Vase did it for free?Did all the ex-pros who have played in local football did it for free? There are many many examples of money being paid - even in the Trelawney League, so unless it is coming directly out of your pocket, I don't see what the problem is? Today it is Helston, yesterday is was Parkway or some other ambitious club and tomorrow it just might be your club. If someone wants to spend his OWN money, then who are any of us to say otherwise. Suck it up fellas - your club could be next!! But then it will probably be ok then lol. And yes, some holier-than-thou person will come on here and say that it wasn't anything like those figures now quoted but I know of people who were given jobs etc and figures now are also relevant to the cost of living.

It will be in the clubs best interest not to be paying such amount even if it’s not from the the club direct, as once that money drys up/stops Helston will be left in a very bad situation, I’ve seen this first hand from the club I was involved in for many of years, let’s be honest the gate receipts aren’t going to cover much as it’s not as if Helston are a well backed team from a big fan base, to pay the sorts of money spoken about you need to be a club like falmouth who have a excellent fan base. 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

Was purely relating to the gossip doing the rounds on Tuesday evening, True or False, personally couldn't care less. It happens and will continue to happen for the foreseeable future. Been in football one way or the other for a lifetime but becoming disillusioned with it all for various reasons to be honest. 

This has been confirmed to me, by my grandson who plays for Helston.

This is the mindblowing breakdown of Tyler Elliott at Helston...

• Signing on fee of: £1500. £500 now & £500 at Christmas.
  • £150 into his bank on match day followed by £90 in cash.
  • Goal bonuses of £20 per goal & 10 per assist.
  • League bonus of £450 if they win it.
  • Cup bonus £300 if they win it.
  • Even a trip for two night at a local hotel for a nice gift.

This is a joke for local football and slowly killing it, my grandson couldn't believe it when told and im sure this goes on all over devon and cornwall unfortuanly 

1 hour ago, Maler10 said:

It will be in the clubs best interest not to be paying such amount even if it’s not from the the club direct, as once that money drys up/stops Helston will be left in a very bad situation, I’ve seen this first hand from the club I was involved in for many of years, let’s be honest the gate receipts aren’t going to cover much as it’s not as if Helston are a well backed team from a big fan base, to pay the sorts of money spoken about you need to be a club like falmouth who have a excellent fan base. 

Agree watching the Falmouth penryn game Wednesday the town fan base is outstanding queuing up 25 mins after ko to get in . Keep this up Falmouth looking in great long term hands both on and off the field . 

2 hours ago, Greygen said:

This is a joke for local football and slowly killing it, my grandson couldn't believe it when told and im sure this goes on all over devon and cornwall unfortuanly 

If that even slightly true it ridiculous 

he an average player at best   You could have got a better player at Falmouth anybody playing that level of football getting £1500 signing on bonus is insane. 

Hope the tax man not on here 

7 hours ago, le boss said:

You have no clue if the figures being quoted are correct .But one thing is certain ,the club are not paying those sorts of figures .🤔 so you do have a clue then ?

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

If that even slightly true it ridiculous 

he an average player at best   You could have got a better player at Falmouth anybody playing that level of football getting £1500 signing on bonus is insane. 

Hope the tax man not on here 

I can assure you  they are.

On 10/09/2021 at 14:32, Greygen said:

Got to be realistic, no chance anyone at Helston is on that money.. you’ve got to be a daft sod to make up rumours like that…. Players at helston are worth way more🤩

On 10/09/2021 at 21:05, Clubman said:

1 hour ago, Scott cheg said:

Got to be realistic, no chance anyone at Helston is on that money.. you’ve got to be a daft sod to make up rumours like that…. Players at helston are worth way more🤩

I was referring  to the fact that the taxman keeps an eye on this type of forum, as some clubs locally have found out to their cost 💯

On 10/09/2021 at 14:32, Greygen said:

You’ve grassed your grandson right up there. That’s him dropped for Saturdays game, poor fella! No Christmas gifts your way 😳😂

On 10/09/2021 at 13:09, Maler10 said:

Seems like a relevant post in the week that Porthleven were forced to withdraw from the SW Peninsula League. Not saying that money was the direct cause of this, but would be interested in whether people think that they were a club that flew too close to the sun and have paid the price since. Not the first I may add, and probably not the last.

20 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Seems like a relevant post in the week that Porthleven were forced to withdraw from the SW Peninsula League. Not saying that money was the direct cause of this, but would be interested in whether people think that they were a club that flew too close to the sun and have paid the price since. Not the first I may add, and probably not the last.

I would say the only teams that can probably justify big payments out to players are Falmouth ,parkway  from gate money etc 

helston , blazey  from   managers that have deep pockets 

the rest really can’t justify stupid amounts at all if they want the club to survive in the future.