Cornwall Football Forum

Tavi v Helston

Tavistock 2 Helston 3

With all the talk before the game from the tavi manager about Helston supposed policy of buying players instead of using local youngsters and his team being underdogs  seem To wind up steve Massey and I’m sure he would have loved that win tonight. 

Henderson seems to have a real issue this season . This is the 2nd manager he has issue with after the matt Andrew and lee Hobbs comments maybe he frustrated he hasn’t got a budget to compete because I’m sure if he had he be bringing in players from outside the area like everyone else  

as for Helston  that is a great result away from home and they are looking like the Cornish team that can mount a challenge if the squad stays fit  

On 07/09/2021 at 23:43, sportsman10 said:

Tavistock 2 Helston 3

With all the talk before the game from the tavi manager about Helston supposed policy of buying players instead of using local youngsters and his team being underdogs  seem To wind up steve Massey and I’m sure he would have loved that win tonight. 

Henderson seems to have a real issue this season . This is the 2nd manager he has issue with after the matt Andrew and lee Hobbs comments maybe he frustrated he hasn’t got a budget to compete because I’m sure if he had he be bringing in players from outside the area like everyone else  

as for Helston  that is a great result away from home and they are looking like the Cornish team that can mount a challenge if the squad stays fit  

Didn't Stuart Henderson also make a few comments regarding Jake Ash and Mousehole, specifically  the ex pros they had in their ranks and working for the club's academy? Seems to be part of his efforts to build a siege mentality within the club, and paint themselves as the minnows. It is his choice, but I feel it belittles everything they have achieved over the last few seasons. On the subject of bringing players in, Tavi have done this several times this season. Ryan Richards has been in the line up on a few occasions, and noticed that Toby Down from step 4 Bideford played on Tuesday night.