Cornwall Football Forum

Ultimate Derby-W.C.P.Cup (1) Falmouth Town v Penryn Athletic (Wednesday)

This will be the first meeting since 2015 when the two cllubs met in the WCP Cup at Bickland 

Falmouth Town 2 (R.Wearne-G.Squires)--Penryn Athletic 1 (D.Leach)  Att.154

Town team-Ryan Barnes-Chris Wormington-Mark Hollands-Tom Whipp-Joe Cooper(C)-Ross Pope-Rob Wearne-Mike Smith-Glen Squires-Andy Westgarth-Harley Westlake-Subs.Aiden Killen-Luke Tripconey-Harry Clarke--referee Kevin Knowles

46 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

This will be the first meeting since 2015 when the two cllubs met in the WCP Cup at Bickland 

Town team-Ryan Barnes-Chris Wormington-Mark Hollands-Tom Whipp-Joe Cooper(C)-Ross Pope-Rob Wearne-Mike Smith-Glen Squires-Andy Westgarth-Harley Westlake-Subs.Aiden Killen-Luke Tripconey-Harry Clarke--referee Kevin Knowles

Might pop down for this Wednesday. Is it likely to be a good game?

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

If we play like we did in the second half on Saturday it will be a helluva game...here's hoping.

Falmouth have the ‘fire power’ to blast any team off the park and a really solid defence - I just hope Penryn don’t try an absorb pressure but have a real go at it, like against Camels in second half. Penryn looked so much better when they attack. 
Let’s be honest it a ‘freebie’ - if they lose everyone will say expected - if they win ‘what a great result’ - give it a real go. My guess would be Westy may rest / rotate a few players as league games coming up against Camels / Bodmin and Dobwalls - and the League must be their priority. 

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

There will be a lot more than 154 there this time mike .

14 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Nige can you get the F Troop behind the Packet End goal for bout 7.25 please mate!! Want a nice photo of them to put in the book for when it comes out in 2023 I think Mike said!?  Only got that old 1992? black and white goal celebration one at the other end!! Thanks mate 👍👍

Will get general Jeff on the case mate ,if he's not already seen your post . 👍

12 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Was gonna say get the General to round up his troops Nige!! Great speech from Jeff for the 70s legends, only saw it today not being a facebooker!  👍👏🏼 Looked like a good day mate 💛🖤 what a team ❤️

Thanks for that Rappo. Was a real honour introducing those 70's heroes on stage in the clubhouse. No need to worry about pics tonight mate, you will have a packed Packet End full of voice and colour so click away mate. Expecting a tough game from the Rynners, they are a good outfit and nobodies push overs. Should be a classic game with a big attendance. Looking forward to meeting up with some old Penryn mates as well. Love and friendly rivalry between our two towns and clubs. Cannot wait for this one. UTT.

Thanks Jeff, couldn’t let Mike write a book about me without having a nice amber and black photo of F Troop in it! You guys been a big part of my life that I’ll be forever grateful for mate! I’ve only got that old black and white one so it’ll be like a beginning and an end one!! Just bout 5 stone difference!! 😳😂 Got to live my dream Jeff, when my dad first took me Bickland to watch those great 70s teams, I fell in love with the place and that was the only team I ever wanted to play for. Some kids dream of Argyle, Liverpool etc, I just wanted to walk down those steps at Bickland in that black & amber shirt! So glad I got to do it so many times. Well done mate, really fitting speech I thought, and Joey Scott couldn’t speak! Think that’s how we all feel about the club. See you tonight Jeff, looking forward to watching the game and the F Troop in action again mate!! 💛🖤

Hope you enjoyed the game Wednesday evening Rappo. It was a great derby and a fantastic atmosphere. The result was about right on the run of play however Penryn did have quite a few decent efforts. They will do ok this season, maybe a top 6 spot. We got a tough run of games now with Camelford, Bodmin and then Dobwalls all coming up. Will see where we are after those games. Thanks for your comments about the 70s tribute, it was an honour to introduce those legends. Yes, Joey was quite emotional at the start of his speech, it shows how much the club means to him and ex players like yourself mate. UTT