Cornwall Football Forum

Man City 5 Arsenal 0

Oh dear Gunners. We know the season's only just started but . . .  rock bottom of the table first time ever ? How much longer before the manager/coach is sacked ? Great player yes, but head coach ??

He doesn't seem to know what his best team is.

It’s not unknown for a club to replace the manager after 3 games, especially with that start. International breaks can be a good time to do it to give the new guy a few days to work with the non-internationals.

5 hours ago, baldy said:

It’s not unknown for a club to replace the manager after 3 games, especially with that start. International breaks can be a good time to do it to give the new guy a few days to work with the non-internationals.

Makes sense baldy. We know it's early days in the season but - I believe I'm right in saying that Arsenal are the only club never to have been relegated from the top flight !?

Arteta was a great player but, has he got what it takes to be a successful coach ? 

On 30/08/2021 at 09:01, Keith B said:

Stevie B what's gone so wrong ? I've never seen the Gunners in such disarray - how long will they give Arteta ?

The yank owner is the problem,  went for an inexperienced cheap manager,  Arsenal is part of a sports franchise,  like all their teams wins very little makes money, doesn't understand football,  likes owning a soccer club  , owns the whole club , no AGM,, no shareholders,  no fans to answer to . The Lie of moving from Highbury to Ashburton grove  to help to compete with England and Europe's finest , . My worry buying,  tying up young players on long term deals to sell on for profit , 17 years since a last title the FA cup has been a saviour for the club , fans . Could write an essay on silent satan  and Arsenal,  formerly The Arsenal  . 🤬🤬🤬

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

The yank owner is the problem,  went for an inexperienced cheap manager,  Arsenal is part of a sports franchise,  like all their teams wins very little makes money, doesn't understand football,  likes owning a soccer club  , owns the whole club , no AGM,, no shareholders,  no fans to answer to . The Lie of moving from Highbury to Ashburton grove  to help to compete with England and Europe's finest , . My worry buying,  tying up young players on long term deals to sell on for profit , 17 years since a last title the FA cup has been a saviour for the club , fans . Could write an essay on silent satan  and Arsenal,  formerly The Arsenal  . 🤬🤬🤬

Oh dear oh dear. I wonder what Mr Wenger would say about this state of affairs. Most successful manager in the clubs history. Sad days indeed - a truly great club.