Cornwall Football Forum

Shane Krac Announces Retirement

Shane Krac, captain of Plymouth Parkway has bowed to the inevitable and announced his retirement. He suffered a serious knee injury in July 2020 and, despite several comeback efforts, has decided to call it a day.

He was a tigerish, determined and snarling influence in the midfield who (when at his best) played on the edge, had the capacity to drive a side forwards, get the best out of players around him and score vital ( sometimes spectacular)goals for a range of clubs including Parkway, Tavistock, Bodmin, Tiverton, Weymouth and Truro.

I was first aware of him when he played for my favourite Parkway line up , the side of the 2010/11 season (featuring the likes of Glyn Hobbs, Danny Brook, Lee Doel, Chris Wright and Andy Sargent), a team that could either beat any side 4-0, or lose to any side 4-0 and finish with nine men. Krac scored several brilliant goals in this season (can remember a peach of a lob in one match), but also made you wince with the dreaded two footed scissor tackle. 

Be interested in where people on this forum rate him amongst other local midfielders from this era, would people say that he was more feared and respected as a player  than loved? He was certainly a big personality on the pitch, and very integral in the Lee Hobbs project over the last 4 seasons

22 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

A sad way to end a career.  If it had been old age then he could say he did his bit but to bow out due to injury there is always that couple of thoughts at the back of the mind "If only.... could I have...."

Sounds like he is bowing out with no regrets. Wouldn't be surprised to see him reappearing in the Peninsula League at some stage though.