Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup First Round draw 2021-22

Dave Deacon

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup

7 First Round ties to be played 2nd October with 9 teams receiving a bye.

AFC St Austell                            v                Callington Town

Falmouth Town                          v                St Dennis

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) v                Camelford

Liskeard Athletic                        v                Torpoint Athletic

Mousehole                                  v                Saltash United

Penzance                                    v                Bodmin Town

Wadebridge Town                     v                Helston Athletic

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup

7 First Round ties to be played 2nd October with 9 teams receiving a bye.

AFC St Austell                            v                Callington Town

Falmouth Town                          v                St Dennis

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) v                Camelford

Liskeard Athletic                        v                Torpoint Athletic

Mousehole                                  v                Saltash United

Penzance                                    v                Bodmin Town

Wadebridge Town                     v                Helston Athletic

Why does 9 teams get a bye? That don't make sense. Why not 4 more games and 1 gets a bye, luck of the draw. 

Hi guys,

Sensible question looking for a sensible answer ! 

I had it on good authority that the Senior Cup was going to be re-vamped this season in the style of the FA Cup where the minnows play each other then get the possibility of a 'big' teams in the next round.This doesn't appear to have happened,where are the St Piran's teams ? and why are  Millbrook getting a bye & not the other Western League teams doesn't seem to make sense.

Surely an extra round say in August with only the St Piran's teams competing then the winners going on to the next round to meet all the teams from the Peninsula West and the 5 Western League teams and then continue the competition as normal.There's your big day in the sun for the so called little teams.

Answers on a postcard please !

' Up The Town '

3 minutes ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Hi guys,

I had it on good authority that the Senior Cup was going to be re-vamped this season in the style of the FA Cup where the minnows play each other then get the possibility of a 'big' teams in the next round.This doesn't appear to have happened,where are the St Piran's teams ? and why are  Millbrook getting a bye & not the other Western League teams doesn't seem to make sense.

Surely an extra round say in August with only the St Piran's teams competing then the winners going on to the next round to meet all the teams from the Peninsula West and the 5 Western League teams and then continue the competition as normal.There's your big day in the sun for the so called little teams.

' Up The Town '

The CCFA, having canvassed clubs decided to split the Cups. The Senior Cup is now only for teams at Step 6 & 5. Millbrook got a bye purely on the ‘luck of the draw’. 

the Intermediate Cup - is for Step 7 teams and the Junior Cup is for teams playing below that. 
The rational was to limit the number of games - all the teams, in whatever Cup have League Cups and full League fixtures to play and as can be seen (certainly in the SWPL) games are still being postponed due to Covid and floodlights - so probably a sensible decision, although a lot of local stalwarts still favour just the Senior and Junior Cups? 

15 minutes ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Hi guys,

' Up The Town '

They could always do a UEFA and invite some of the latter teams from the Intermediate Cup to play in the following year’s SC but I expect that’s a bit too radical for Cornwall.

And I think you will find there are only 4 Western League teams in Cornwall (unless you are counting your chickens or assuming there will be another 1/2/3 next season and no relegations of course). I’ve forgotten if it’s 1 or 2 up from each SWPL this season.

5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

The CCFA, having canvassed clubs decided to split the Cups. The Senior Cup is now only for teams at Step 6 & 5. Millbrook got a bye purely on the ‘luck of the draw’. 

the Intermediate Cup - is for Step 7 teams and the Junior Cup is for teams playing below that. 
The rational was to limit the number of games - all the teams, in whatever Cup have League Cups and full League fixtures to play and as can be seen (certainly in the SWPL) games are still being postponed due to Covid and floodlights - so probably a sensible decision, although a lot of local stalwarts still favour just the Senior and Junior Cups? 

Thanks Bobjfh that makes complete sense,I didn't even realise there was an Intermediate Cup !

Thanks again for clearing that up.

5 hours ago, baldy said:

They could always do a UEFA and invite some of the latter teams from the Intermediate Cup to play in the following year’s SC but I expect that’s a bit too radical for Cornwall.

And I think you will find there are only 4 Western League teams in Cornwall (unless you are counting your chickens or assuming there will be another 1/2/3 next season and no relegations of course). I’ve forgotten if it’s 1 or 2 up from each SWPL this season.

Sorry Baldy,don't know why but I thought Torpoint were up there as well mate,giving them a bit too much credit and 2 promotions at once ! If only.

'Up The Town'