Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 01/02/08

Guest plonker

Guest artificiosus

goonhavern seemed to be threemilestones boogie team.

i bet thev wind had a fair part tom play in that game it did in our game illogn v trispen we lost 3 nil but the wind was a pain in the ass

What a goal by our lightening quick solid as a rock left back ,slightly balding defensive hero. Great warm up game for ourselves and a convincing win.

Baggies goal was the highlight of the game pinged it into the keepers top left hand corner after a great move down our left with a one two and a curling shotout of this world. oh yeh jason buckley scored a cracker too sorry jas. as baggie says we can't wait for tuesdays final the first in Portreaths history in the junior cup.l

Guest titan1

Titans 5 - 2 St Ives Mariners div 3 ht 2 -0

another good result for the titans great game played in good spirit the ref had a good game and i was told enjoyed the game himself as a ref.

goal scorers for the titans

P. BARNES - 2

K. EDDY - 1

ANDY. H - 1

TOM . M - 1

Tanks to st ives mariners for coming back and enjoying a pint together and good luck for the rest of the season.

Congratulations to Rob and the rest of the Wendron 5th boys on a good, 2-1 win over Cornish New Boys today.

Please get yourselves a 'linesperson', it makes it alot more difficult to try and referee a match without one, but well done on the win, I'm told the fourth in a row for Wendron 5ths, a very very young side but much improved! :clapper:

Portreath 6 - Storm 2

Pick of the goals was mine, 25 yard screamer - I'll let Cockerkneeboy tell you all about it :lol:

Decent game & well reffed by Nigel wasis-name.

Looking forward to Tuesday now - bring it on.

baggie, I dont have a clue what your on about me old china.

I spoke to Alan and Jason buckley in the bar after we got back and Alan said Jasons goal was a screamer and yours was a shot come cross, Mate i understand your getting on and have to take what you can get but taking credit for a cross is a bit below the belt mate even at your age fella :D

Well done though to the lads at Portreath, I look forward to tuesday night.

Ref was Nigel Nichols baggie.

A very good ref i have to say.

Cockerkneeboy my very old freind,no way was it a cross come shot...it was a shot & a bloody beauty.

Nigel Nichols thanx for that. :thumbsup:

Alan & Jase are bound to say that, Jase kicked more turf today than the ball but he did have a nice goal,

when I see a nice goal then I say it how I see it, Alan on the other hand kicked the ball into there centre forward which cost us a goal....but I know in my mind it was a shot & a bloody beauty....did I already say that.

Anyway mate I'll see you Tuesday & maybe I can give you action replay....In my dreams.

Guest sweeper

I must back baggie up on this one, it was not a cross come shot at all.

It was a well worked, executed and taken goal by one of our more senior players :D

He has promised me a repeat performance on Tuesday ........ lets hope its in the right goal !!!!!

I must back baggie up on this one, it was not a cross come shot at all.

It was a well worked, executed and taken goal by one of our more senior players :D

He has promised me a repeat performance on Tuesday ........ lets hope its in the right goal !!!!!

sweeper you summed it right up there for me mate, He is definitely one of your more senior players that boy has seen more action in field than chuck norris :D

I can only say that i did not see the goal (Thank god) and having known the senior one for many a year i know what he is like, I would also like to point out that he was on his second pint whan he told me and you must know that he cannot handle his pop.

baggie thanks for the info on Jason i cannot wait to speak to him on Monday he he :D

see you soon chaps and baggie i look forward to a thundering 30 yarder on tuesday night then. :clapper:

goonhavern 2-1 tms :o

storm res 0-2 tms :clapper:

tms res almost securing promotion and 1st throwing away chance of title glory this season

Any goals for you in Mining 3's game of the day?

silly question really peck of course i scored had my usual 3 sitters score 1 goals scenario but there we go

:clapper:

Guest mikethfc

any mining 2 results?

CSM 6-3 Madron

good game and a good fight back from the madron lads, in particular a very nice free kick

MINING DIVISION 1.

Goonhavern 2, Threemilestone 1. :(

Gwinear 3, Troon 2.

Illogan 3, Redruth 2.

Portreath 6, Storm 2.

Robartes 6, Gulval 0.

St Ives Town 3, Holmans 0.

St Just 7, Spice of Life 0.

Trevenson 8, Halsetown 0.

Jubilee cup Rnd 2.

Four Lanes 2, Newlyn N.A. 2.-Four Lanes win 4-2 on Pens.

Halsetown 2, St Buryan 4. *a.e.t.

Sennen ? v New Park Rangers ?

Trispen 3, Illogan 0.

DIVISION 2.

C.S.M. 6, Madron 2.

Ludgvan 2, Mount Ambrose 8.

St Agnes 1, Marazion 0.

DIVISION 3.

Cornish New Boys 1, Wendron 2.

Gulval 1, Chacewater 4.

Madron 4, Newlyn N.A. 2.

Pendeen 1, Redruth 2.

St Buryan 0, Crown Inn Glory 3.

Storm 0, Threemilestone 2. :thumbsup:

Titans 5, St Ives Mariners 2.

:D :D:D

1sts have a rearranged fixture General against Ludgvan however i would never touch any senior players for a game (far too delicate for mining 1)

Although you are correct our 2nds have no fixture. Here is a question for me to pose though? Would it be wrong for me to play a couple of 2nds (yes they are signed on) when our 2nds play in the same standard league to the mining 1(FHFL 1???) If it is wrong are we suggesting the FHFL1 is better to our beloved Mining 1??? :drink: :drink:

Portreath handed us our asses on a plate on Saturday, and in fairness I don't think they even had to work for it!

Although Andy did hand Alan his ass on a plate, who then skillfully bounced it off Andy's ass and into the back of the net. Sky sports would have that one on 'six of the best'!

Baggie..... yes it was a blinder! Good luck tonight for the final it will be nice to see a Mining League team win it, and I can see it being quite convincing!

Some interesting results this weekend, what a good league we play in!

Unfortunatly Darren the game against you before xmas when we were 9-1 down at half time still gives me nightmares :D:D

If available I will use a couple as we are on a really bad run at the mo and a kick up the ass is reqd as we have to try and turn it round as our games in hand will mean bugger all if we don't pick up a couple of points!!!!! Have to be fair to the players in the 3rds who play week in week out as well though so don't think i will field the entire 2nds mate (to be honest your outfit is good enough to win whatever we throw at you )and i'm sure we will all have a good pint or 3 afterwards whatever the result :drink: :drink:

HMMM me thinks that spice either had a very bad day on saturday in mining 1 or were very unlucky to play St Just when their senior team had no game???

After our good friends comment, we'd like to say, that not one first team player played or was sub against spice on saturday, but they were fairly beaten by 4 over 42 year olds and 7 kids 18 and under!

It must of been a bad day at the office!!

I stand corrected and apologise that I may have suggested that it was not down to good play from St Just well done lads it was definitley a crazy results day if you went on the form book but i'm sure Troon, TMS and Spice will bounce back this week. good job the mining league is not included on the pools coupons :D :drink: