Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 17th August 2021

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 17th August 2021

Parkway 2 Frome 2 

what a great game at Bolitho under the lights , the ground is looking superb and a decent crowd considering argyle were at home. 

That game started with Parkway looking like they were going be outclassed ,Frome attacked with pace and scored a brilliant early goal that seem to wake them up and parkway started to get into the game. Jack crago who was absolutely unplayable in spells in first half  got the equaliser and then went on a run to win the penalty that river Allen smashed down the middle to lead 2-1 and parkway looking the more likely to get a 3rd.l

HT 2-1 

the 2nd half was a completely different game. It was stop start with niggly fouls a few yellow cards and parkway started to drop deeper into their box under a lot pressure with no outlet up front. 

They did eventually beak away with veal turning his man and hitting the crossbar before copp  blasted the rebound over when he probably should have scored. About a minute later frome broke away and put yet another ball in the box and finally scored to equalise 

Parkway looked completely down at the end sat on the pitch. Hobbs looked really annoyed , Winning was so easy last season but it going to be a real battle in this league. Parkway did look very leggy last 15min I also think they need a lot more from Tom bath up front , he scored a lot goals last season in that league but he looks like he a bit off the pace.  was jogging around , lost the ball a few times not really a threat  and parkway desperately need a firing striker

still I think parkway will grow into league and that win will come soon.  

12 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway 2 Frome 2 

what a great game at Bolitho under the lights , the ground is looking superb and a decent crowd considering argyle were at home. 

That game started with Parkway looking like they were going be outclassed ,Frome attacked with pace and scored a brilliant early goal that seem to wake them up and parkway started to get into the game. Jack crago who was absolutely unplayable in spells in first half  got the equaliser and then went on a run to win the penalty that river Allen smashed down the middle to lead 2-1 and parkway looking the more likely to get a 3rd.l

HT 2-1 

the 2nd half was a completely different game. It was stop start with niggly fouls a few yellow cards and parkway started to drop deeper into their box under a lot pressure with no outlet up front. 

They did eventually beak away with veal turning his man and hitting the crossbar before copp  blasted the rebound over when he probably should have scored. About a minute later frome broke away and put yet another ball in the box and finally scored to equalise 

Parkway looked completely down at the end sat on the pitch. Hobbs looked really annoyed , Winning was so easy last season but it going to be a real battle in this league. Parkway did look very leggy last 15min I also think they need a lot more from Tom bath up front , he scored a lot goals last season in that league but he looks like he a bit off the pace.  was jogging around , lost the ball a few times not really a threat  and parkway desperately need a firing striker

My eyes at the match last night told me that Frome were a very strong and pacey side. People who know the Southern League understand that it is a definite step up in terms of physicality and sides being a bit more clinical and streetwise. Looks like Frome took their chances when they came, and knew how to break the game up when they were under pressure. Matt Cusack is an intelligent coach, and will be taking all this on board .

On the plus side, Parkway showed good resilience early in the first half when Frome  were on top ,it also seemed like Jack Crago rediscovered his form and looked like the player we saw at Tavistock. Another blank for Tom Bath must be a concern though, it would have been noted that Ryan Richards got a couple last night in the Millbrook v Tavi match.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

My eyes at the match last night told me that Frome were a very strong and pacey side. People who know the Southern League understand that it is a definite step up in terms of physicality and sides being a bit more clinical and streetwise. Looks like Frome took their chances when they came, and knew how to break the game up when they were under pressure. Matt Cusack is an intelligent coach, and will be taking all this on board .

On the plus side, Parkway showed good resilience early in the first half when Frome  were on top ,it also seemed like Jack Crago rediscovered his form and looked like the player we saw at Tavistock. Another blank for Tom Bath must be a concern though, it would have been noted that Ryan Richards got a couple last night in the Millbrook v Tavi match.

I fully agree the step up in quality from last couple of seasons to the southern league is quite big. The players look fitter , and quicker and parkway will adapt as they have a good squad. But it going be tough every game. 

They do need someone to take on the goal scoring. Crago looked good yesterday but is he getting you 25-30 goals ? Mikey  Williams works hard but he not the strongest. And Tom bath just looks like he not really up and running yet 

I do think veal would be the better option to give a run of games to up front. He looked good when he came on. 

17 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway 2 Frome 2 

HT 2-1 

Absolutely spot on. Parkway should have won with those two late chances but Frome will probably point to a few absolutely top drawer saves from Moore. Palfrey mopped up everything in midfield and the defence looked solid after weathering the early pressure from what was clearly a very streetwise and well drilled side. Parkway will need more clinical finishers than they seem to have currently to make an impact I think. 

21 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I fully agree the step up in quality from last couple of seasons to the southern league is quite big. The players look fitter , and quicker and parkway will adapt as they have a good squad. But it going be tough every game. 

They do need someone to take on the goal scoring. Crago looked good yesterday but is he getting you 25-30 goals ? Mikey  Williams works hard but he not the strongest. And Tom bath just looks like he not really up and running yet 

I do think veal would be the better option to give a run of games to up front. He looked good when he came on. 

Read official announcement on Parkway website morning that Craig Veal has left the club in search of regular football. Have heard rumours of where he is going, but will leave it to an official statement from them.

That a another loss to parkway. Looked quality when he came  on midweek can understand why when your sat on the bench watching other strikers not perform. 

This is a player that scored 5 goals when he came on in pre season then found himself benched. 

Helston will have a quality player if he ends up there 

43 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

That a another loss to parkway. Looked quality when he came  on midweek can understand why when your sat on the bench watching other strikers not perform. 

This is a player that scored 5 goals when he came on in pre season then found himself benched. 

Helston will have a quality player if he ends up there 

Hopefully there is another striker incoming. Tom Bath is a quality signing, he is a proven scorer at this level with Dorchester. Need someone to take the pressure off him, provide a bit of competition for the position and also give the option of playing a front two if required.

Just now, Dave Deacon said:

Officially announced - Adam Carter is back at Parkway

I am going to go out on limb here (and probably upset the Parkway contingent), but a bit of an uninspiring signing. Really hope he provides what is needed to take the pressure off Tom Bath, and also provide a different option in attack, but to bring back a 34 year old who was released a year ago seems strange.