Wendron United Thirds v Goonhavern Athletic

Tuesday 24th August
Lizard Argyle v Wendron United Thirds
Pendeen Rovers v St Agnes Reserves
Rosudgeon v St Day Reserves
Hayle Reserves v Helston Athletic Thirds
Penryn Athletic Reserves v Mawnan

2 hours ago, welshboy said:

On the Cornwall Combination website it states Goonhavern are at home this Saturday, but above it says they are away. Please help a ground hopper decide which game to go to lol

Definitely away.

Best place to double check will be the Full-time website which is most up to date.

19 hours ago, Pegs said:

Presumably someone from the first team squad has tested positive. I don’t imagine the first and second team have mixed since at least the last training session therefore the second team are still able to continue. 

Ah I see - I thought a club had to fulfil any higher status team fixture first. Sorry if this is no longer the case or incorrect….

On 17/08/2021 at 20:59, Dave Deacon said:

One has to assume it’s Covid in the first team squad rather than the club! 

Yes Dave. Over half the first team squad have had positive PCR tests, with some others isolating. Impossible to fulfil fixtures. Ressies have had no close contact with any of the cases since the SWPL season began and will be fine to play. 

Full Time 
Rosudgeon 2-0 Holman SC

Last time the Chairman and I watched the firsts it was Boxing Day against Illogan and we were rubbish and lost.

In that time we have had another lockdown although nobody could be arsed with it and everyone went to work or drove their car any way,

Illogan who we played that day had to get their Secretary to write to himself to inform his league Secretary self that they couldn’t be arsed with the Combo league anymore,

England got to the final of a major competition but when it got to penalties couldn’t be arsed with them so lost

The big bright yellow thing in the sky definitely couldn’t be arsed with this summer and decided the best way to make all the holidaymakers super angry is hide behind big angry grey clouds since the schools broke up, 

………What I’m trying to say (badly as usual) is this general ‘apathy’ is a recurring theme and it decided to make an appearance at Rosudgeon as well. When I say the match was awful it wasn’t helped by a pitch the size of a postage stamp with an 18 yard box only about 1 yard away from the touch line making it tighter then Liam Willoughby’s pocket when he finds out he’s getting the round in. The only thing smaller then the pitch was the distance the crowd were from the touch line on one side which is fine when they are not being ‘boisterous’  However the local village idiot appreciation society were out in force on their annual day out and thought it was funny not to move even when the ref asked them to politely move back eleventy billion times!

Apparently Combo grounds don’t need to be roped anymore which can fuel the question is Combo just the the Trelawny Premier Plus league in all but name now?

As for the match it was so compressed nobody could get the ball down and play so if Spanish Tika-Taka was one end of the spectrum this was at the other with bells on and that lack of space meant that the Olivia Newton John classic track ‘Let’s Get Physical’ might as well have been played over the tannoy - a particular ugly moment was Liam Phillips for Holmans seeing if the Rosudgeon keeper could bounce off a post (he could) but definitely a foul deserving of being sent to the 2nd step of the naughty step.

Holmans had their chances and two penalty shouts one of which I think could be compared to one of those James Bond films where the unlucky witness to a murder standing far to close to the edge of the train platform gets ‘pushed’ at the same time as the train arrives!!, Not given though so instead I’m going to dust off the old cliche for the first report of the season (gone big early) and the words Barn & Door were never threatened and if they were it was in the farmers field 2 fields over.

Rosudgeon took their chances from two set pieces both free kicks funny old thing due to the Tusanami of fouls the first from a cross and the 2nd a well hit direct kick that the Holmans keeper probably should have done better with but I think was unsighted by his ZZ Top Beard blowing in the wind into his eyes.

Anyway final score 2-0 to the home side but like the gift that keeps on giving a bit like the ‘Boardmasters Variant’ of Covid we are back down to Rosudgeon in a couple of weeks for a cup match!

When we say ‘we’ I mean the team as I think the chairman and I are now banned from watching as we are 2 for 2 on the loss to watch ratio 😳

51 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Full Time 
Rosudgeon 2-0 Holman SC

Last time the Chairman and I watched the firsts it was Boxing Day against Illogan and we were rubbish and lost.

In that time we have had another lockdown although nobody could be arsed with it and everyone went to work or drove their car any way,

Illogan who we played that day had to get their Secretary to write to himself to inform his league Secretary self that they couldn’t be arsed with the Combo league anymore,

England got to the final of a major competition but when it got to penalties couldn’t be arsed with them so lost

The big bright yellow thing in the sky definitely couldn’t be arsed with this summer and decided the best way to make all the holidaymakers super angry is hide behind big angry grey clouds since the schools broke up, 

………What I’m trying to say (badly as usual) is this general ‘apathy’ is a recurring theme and it decided to make an appearance at Rosudgeon as well. When I say the match was awful it wasn’t helped by a pitch the size of a postage stamp with an 18 yard box only about 1 yard away from the touch line making it tighter then Liam Willoughby’s pocket when he finds out he’s getting the round in. The only thing smaller then the pitch was the distance the crowd were from the touch line on one side which is fine when they are not being ‘boisterous’  However the local village idiot appreciation society were out in force on their annual day out and thought it was funny not to move even when the ref asked them to politely move back eleventy billion times!

Apparently Combo grounds don’t need to be roped anymore which can fuel the question is Combo just the the Trelawny Premier Plus league in all but name now?

As for the match it was so compressed nobody could get the ball down and play so if Spanish Tika-Taka was one end of the spectrum this was at the other with bells on and that lack of space meant that the Olivia Newton John classic track ‘Let’s Get Physical’ might as well have been played over the tannoy - a particular ugly moment was Liam Phillips for Holmans seeing if the Rosudgeon keeper could bounce off a post (he could) but definitely a foul deserving of being sent to the 2nd step of the naughty step.

Holmans had their chances and two penalty shouts one of which I think could be compared to one of those James Bond films where the unlucky witness to a murder standing far to close to the edge of the train platform gets ‘pushed’ at the same time as the train arrives!!, Not given though so instead I’m going to dust off the old cliche for the first report of the season (gone big early) and the words Barn & Door were never threatened and if they were it was in the farmers field 2 fields over.

Rosudgeon took their chances from two set pieces both free kicks funny old thing due to the Tusanami of fouls the first from a cross and the 2nd a well hit direct kick that the Holmans keeper probably should have done better with but I think was unsighted by his ZZ Top Beard blowing in the wind into his eyes.

Anyway final score 2-0 to the home side but like the gift that keeps on giving a bit like the ‘Boardmasters Variant’ of Covid we are back down to Rosudgeon in a couple of weeks for a cup match!

When we say ‘we’ I mean the team as I think the chairman and I are now banned from watching as we are 2 for 2 on the loss to watch ratio 😳

Not nice to see Anita ask at least three times to move away , even the Holmans manager / subs had to go to the other side second half. 

E52C3DA2-71BD-4219-AC9F-78A648F37E0C.png

On 21/08/2021 at 08:36, MARKSY said:

Not nice to see Anita ask at least three times to move away , even the Holmans manager / subs had to go to the other side second half. 

Blimey they certainly do look like an intimidating bunch of hooligans! There’s no surprise the entire Holmans crew had to get as far away from them as physically possible at half time. All I can do is apologise you had to experience such a atmosphere. Let’s hope you never have to step into an actual football stadium in your life.

On 21/08/2021 at 07:46, Pitty said:

Full Time 
Rosudgeon 2-0 Holman SC

I'd just like to confirm that Rosudgeon Village Idiot Society formed alliances with Breage, Perranuthnoe and Goldsithney for this match hence the huge turn out.

We all enjoyed the game.

Thanks.

On 21/08/2021 at 08:36, MARKSY said:

Can you please delete this picture as no permission was asked and we also like to keep a low profile due to a rise in Village Idiots in local areas.