Cornwall Football Forum

Combination League Results 1st March

Guest Helston Patriot

Holmans 0 - 3 Helston

Domo

Bryan Hawke

Tom Russell

200% improvement from last week and a deserved win. Credit to Holmans, had there chances but winno was a solid in nets. Roll on next sunday!

:drink:JUST WANNA ADD THAT I'M GONNA BECOME A DAD! MINE & NICOLA'S FIRST BABY IS DUE AUG 31ST!! :drink:

Holmans 0 - 3 Helston

Domo

Bryan Hawke

Tom Russell

200% improvement from last week and a deserved win. Credit to Holmans, had there chances but winno was a solid in nets. Roll on next sunday!

:drink:JUST WANNA ADD THAT I'M GONNA BECOME A DAD! MINE & NICOLA'S FIRST BABY IS DUE AUG 31ST!! :drink:

congrats on becoming a dad hp many sleepless nights ahead bud!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Newquay 4 Wendron 0 h/t 4-0

Newquay were dominant in the first half,playing with the wind behind them and scoring four,hitting the crossbar and having 3 or 4 others kicked off the line as Wendron struggled to get the ball away.

Second half was tighter for Wendron although Newquay still looked dangerous when they broke but two very good saves by the visiting keeper kept the half score blank.

Newquay were dominant in the first half,playing with the wind behind them and scoring four,hitting the crossbar and having 2 or 3 others kicked off the line as Wendron struggled to get the ball away.

Second half was tighter for Wendron although Newquay still looked dangerous but two very good saves by the visiting keeper kept the half score blank.

First half you were all over us and it shud have been 10-nil but second half we played alot better but wud just like to ask did any if so how many 2nd team players started seeing as your 1st didnt have a game??

Guest WINNO

WHAT A DIFFERANCE 7 DAYS CAN MAKE IN FOOTBALL.

TODAY WE WERE TRANSFORMED FROM THE DRAB UNINTERESTED OUTFIT WE WERE LAST WEEK AGAINST PORTHLEVEN!!!

TO A SIDE WITH GREAT ATTITUDE AND A WILL TO WIN AGAINST A VERY GOOD HOLMANS OUTFIT....

CHANGES WERE MADE AND OUR NEW CENTRE HALF NEIL ROLLINSON WHOS ONLY 17 WAS AWESOME.AS ONE WALKS OUT THE DOOR THEN ANOTHER COMES IN!!!! GREAT PLAYER FOR THE FUTURE.

THE WHOLE SIDE DESERVE CREDIT THIS WEEK AFTER BOUNCING BACK FROM LAST WEEKEND. WE COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY DOWN THE PAN OR STRAIGHT BACK AT EM.

WELL DONE FELLAS. BIG ONE AGAIN NEXT SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

St Day 0-3 Falmouth Town

Believe a Luke Wort hat-rick

Just like to add my congratulations to Player/Manager Bryn Wheeler for turning around the fortunes of Falmouth Town reserves when he took over the reigns after a 0-9 defeat at Perranwell in mid December.

Bryn's record so far one defeat in 8 games.

firstly i would like to congratulate hp and his partner on their impending sleepless nights.

result.

St Day 0-3 Falmouth Reserves

Goalscorers as above.

we were good for the first 20 mins of the game but a communication mix up let in falmouth for their first goal as he just walked through our defence. their second goal came from some great work by arguably falmouths best player ashley johns? who was superb. his low cross was converted into an empty net. the third goal came midway through the second half as a weak shot by luke wort bobbled (tim flowers) over the despairing keeper. falmouth had several chances to finish the gane off early on, most notably from luke wort who missed an open goal from 3 yards.

St Day away to St Agnes next week.

I will take that as a compliment Tucks. Our new boss Vic Osbourne has galvanised us and we are a much stronger outfit than our league position would suggest.

The truth is, Luke Wheldon was the only player in our squad who has been with the firsts...and only that was because their dutch striker, Pieter Battenburg was away for a while. Pieter is now back. Luke is our leading scorer this season (he was last season) so it would not really show up as us "calling in the big boys".

It is true, we did have opportunity (and pressure) to play first teamers but that was never the way forward for me whilst I was player manager and is not the way for us under Vic Osbourne/Lol McKune.

The game should have been ten nil at half time, and it is not like we were wasteful, its just the post and cross bar and your keeper had a lot to say about it. There were goal-line clearances and although your keeper struggled with the easy stuff (spilling crosses etc) he was in inpsired form and made countless amazing saves at full stretch ! He was man of the match.

The wind was a major factor but we did enough with it behind our backs to win the game. The contest was ruined by the speed of our first four goals. It all got a bit casual and champagne footy after that.

Please dont feel that you have been cheated due to our first team not having a game. Luke was the only change to the side that drew at Penryn the week before; replacing Scott Palmer who is on holiday.

It is always a danger to look at the table and judge a team by their position. We have about 6 games in hand on most and only the top three plus Illogan have a better defensive record.

PS Soccer follower had a great game in the midle; and now I know who who is I will have to watch what I say ! I still say we are blessed with a great standard of refs at this level and we rarely have a poor one.

Guest messi

Mullion 2 - 0 st ives. Just like to say well done to the boys! no one expected us to get the 3 points yesterday not even our chairman but just shows if everyone puts the effort in, what we are capable of! i admit were at the bottom for a reason but we have not been pushovers for anyone this season and hopefully can push on now until the end of the season! best of luck to st ives for rest of season aswell nice to see a team so honest in defeat don't get that very often so thanks again!

St Agnes 1-0 Hayle res

Was a very tight game and i was more than pleased with my teams effort to be fair we didnt make there keeper make a decent save Steve Luke in our goal had a quiet first half as both defences and midfields battled it out but it finnished 0-0 at half time.

The second half was a bit better i was probably happier than the St Agnes manager as he would be expecting to beat us on there patch but it shows how we have improved over the season giving top half teams a game of it but not having the cutting edge against them,

On the 59th minute i thought we had made the breakthrough when we got the ball in the net from a corner the keeper fumbled and it was in the net a header from C Bullock but it was dissalowed and credit to the ref who had a good game in difficult circumstances with both teams not holding back on the tackles, he came over to me at the end of the game to explain our player was climbing on one of theres at the corner unfortunatley from the freekick St Agnes attacted and the shot brought off a fantastic save from Steve Luke in our goal to tip the ball over the bar for a corner from which St Agnes scored a great goal a peach of a header from Webb i think into the top corner no chance to stop it.

Thats the way it goes but well done lads good effort good luck to St Agnes a good bunch of lads the game played in good spirit.

And Colin Spence the ref had good game to.

I thought the penalty was a bit harsh Tadge. Our player had over-run the ball and was going nowhere before you cut him in half ! I have seen them given and not given but not a red card - regardless of you being last man and all that.

I thourght you had a crazy game yesterday. Some of the saves were world class. After a couple of dodgy moments early on, we were telling each other to shoot on site but in that first half especially, it could and should have been 8 or 9. We were not wasteful, you were just inspired. I bet you've grrown an inch with all that full-stretching you did !

Well done Tadge. and good luck. I think if you had won the toss and got the wind behind you first half - it might have made for a better half. We were camped in your end first half and then it levelled out second half.

We were all just buzzing with confidence having not scored 4 all year and being 4 up after about 30 mins !

Nice to see that when we got in the dressing room at St Day on Saturday there was a note on the back of the Programme asking for more commitment from the players because the Committee now had to pay to watch senior football.

This coming from people who 3 weeks ago made sure that all 3 teams at the club fielded a bare 11. Rather than filter players from the 3rd team to the 2nds, and the 2nds to the 1st team and then call off the 3rd team game! Subsequently we had 2 players injured in the 1st half and had to struggle through with no recognised substitutes.

Also, on wednesday's I travel home from work in helston to truro, help the wife put the kids to bed, tidy up Beirut (my house), then get ready to go to Pool school to take training for an hour and a half. This after not getting back from working in the gym on Monday and Tuesday nights until gone 11 o'clock!! On average training the 10-15 players from the club who bother to turn up for training.

Then on a Saturday work my old legs off for as long as they will allow these days, and also try and vocally get the lads going, sometimes a bit too much it's said, but thats only because i'm a COMMITTED player who wants to win.

But I will try and sort out my commitment in the future, just so members of the committee don't have to feel like they are wasting their money!!!!!

Think the club needs to remember what a great job Andy Tasker has acheived there over the past 3 years. Anyone that questions his commitment is clearly barking mad. A good manager and a top bloke!

Also sends out a good message to the away team I feel.

What a joke!

Must agree with you Jollyman,Wendron keeper was outstanding.

It was a good game played by 2 sporting teams and refereed very well,it is good to see the Newquay pitch getting back to being a good surface,still a bit to do but its getting there,no doubt down to the new groundsman who I understand has big plans for the ground in the close season.

Nice to see that when we got in the dressing room at St Day on Saturday there was a note on the back of the Programme asking for more commitment from the players because the Committee now had to pay to watch senior football.

This coming from people who 3 weeks ago made sure that all 3 teams at the club fielded a bare 11. Rather than filter players from the 3rd team to the 2nds, and the 2nds to the 1st team and then call off the 3rd team game! Subsequently we had 2 players injured in the 1st half and had to struggle through with no recognised substitutes.

Also, on wednesday's I travel home from work in helston to truro, help the wife put the kids to bed, tidy up Beirut (my house), then get ready to go to Pool school to take training for an hour and a half. This after not getting back from working in the gym on Monday and Tuesday nights until gone 11 o'clock!! On average training the 10-15 players from the club who bother to turn up for training.

Then on a Saturday work my old legs off for as long as they will allow these days, and also try and vocally get the lads going, sometimes a bit too much it's said, but thats only because i'm a COMMITTED player who wants to win.

But I will try and sort out my commitment in the future, just so members of the committee don't have to feel like they are wasting their money!!!!!

Think the club needs to remember what a great job Andy Tasker has acheived there over the past 3 years. Anyone that questions his commitment is clearly barking mad. A good manager and a top bloke!

Also sends out a good message to the away team I feel.

What a joke!

Jonah, the matter will be dealt with at tonights meeting I am told, I have not seen the programme but from what I heard on Saturday night, I understand a lot of people are upset at what was written, and as far as I'm aware the comments were one persons views and not the committee's views.