Callington Town 3 Camelford 5

Holsworthy 1 Roche 0

Lifton 1 Nanpean Rovers 3

Polperro 1 Bude Town 3

St Columb Major 1 Bere Alston 5

St Newlyn East 2 St Blazey 2

St Stephen 1 Tavistock 0

Guest thebigfella

I'd like to offer my congratulations to Tamarside for reaching the final of the League Cup. They have made quite an impact on this league since joining, winning Division One last season without losing a game and still very much in contention of Premier Division honours this season. People may have thought, after losing the likes of Adam Carter (Torpoint, now Falmouth), Ben Davies (Torpoint) and Lewis Russell (Truro) that they might have struggled to make an impression this season, but fair play to manager Darren Potter who has stuck with the club's youth policy and continued to play attractive and, more often than not, effective football.

It would be interesting to hear from someone at the club as to their intentions towards the Penninsula League. They appear to be well structured and well run, but their ground, as I understand it, does not quite come up to scratch (pitch too small i think). Someone from Tamarside used to post on here a fair bit last season and gave the impression they were all geared up for that, but it's all gone a bit quiet this season.

Anyway, well done.

Unfortunately their pitch is too short so they cannot apply to move up. If they were to stay at the Rok parkway ground then I think they would have to swop pitches with the rugby team Tamar Saracens and I can't see this happening. Or they will have to find another ground. Unfortunately many of Plymouth's better gorunds are now either housing estates or building sites so there is not many places they can go to in Plymouth. I'm sure Jon Rosevear will be able to shed more light on it.

They are a tremendous club with a system going all the way down to the little ones. David is right in that the club has a super youth policy and they have no problem in letting good players go to higher standard football.

Guest Les Wells

I think Rosy has decided to call it a day with Tamarside Seniors and concentrate on the junior team where his son plays, I think he was finding it difficult (probably impossible) to go to a mens away game and then get back to Plymouth, also work committments played a part.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Tamarside. We are a club which would love to move forward but at present we are restricted by our pitch at the ROK Parkway which as well as being insufficent to meet Peninsula criteria in size also suffers from a poor playing surface.

Unless a radical change regarding priorities from the directors of the Parkway Sports Club happens rugby will always play a prominent part at the venue thus restricting our options.

Funding is also not an option as part of the ground is still owned by Plymouth City Council which closes avenues for grant aid and ground improvement.

As a Club we are delighted with the impact our senior section has had on local football and has proved a fantastic exit route for our junior players and we still maintain our original policy to promote as many players as we can from this set-up.

In addition to providing the Tamarside seniors with players the Peninsula and Western leagues and professional clubs are littered with ex Tamarsiders and we wish them the best at whatever level they can achieve and welcome them back at any time.

After achieving success in every season at senior level we are overjoyed at reaching the final and look forward to what will be a tremendous final whether it be Torpoint or Saltash.

As for the future,it is the clubs aim to get to a position where our best young players need not leave the club as we can offer them both the playing standard and incentives to satisfy their talents.

We have been approached by clubs with these facilities but this means a change of identitiy which nobody wants at the club so who knows......

www.tamarsidefootball.co.uk latest Blue Army news from the Football network.

Hahahaha! Spooky!

Well done to Pottsy, Stewie and all the Tamarside boys. The club and all those involved behind the scenes deserve the chance to operate at a higher level, but whether that day actually arrives remains to be seen. I sincerely hope it does as during my time with the seniors it was always my sole aim and ambition. If that day does eventually arrive, then look out!!

I'll be there for the cup final and Stewie, I think it's about time you bought the boys a beer don't you!!

Fantastic club, great people... always blue and white!!