Bridport                       1-7        Helston Athletic

Cadbury Heath             0-6     Shepton Mallet

Exmouth Town             2-2   Clevedon

Keynsham Town           3-0        Ashton & Backwell United

Mousehole                   3-3      Wellington

Saltash United              2-0    Tavistock

Street                          1-3      Brislington

44 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Well- 2 wins and a draw for the 3 Cornish Teams today- did I read Mousehole clawed it back in 89th? 

Guess the row that we’re only there to make up the numbers doesn’t apply anymore…..

It was actually Wellington that equalised late on.

0-1 1-1 1-2 2-2  ht  3-2 3-3

A poor match between Saltash and tavi 1st half today... Great effort and fitness and organisation though. 

2nd half though Saltash almost completely on top with Woods probing and reece thomson a real thorn in Tavis side and a great introduction of young and very very pacey Scott crocker. 

A deserved win from Saltash 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Results for Saturday 31st July 2021
18 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

A poor match between Saltash and tavi 1st half today... Great effort and fitness and organisation though. 

2nd half though Saltash almost completely on top with Woods probing and reece thomson a real thorn in Tavis side and a great introduction of young and very very pacey Scott crocker. 

A deserved win from Saltash 

Tavistock no where near the team they use to be   . Saltash set up first half to frustrate tavi and they didn’t have the players to break them down and seem to lack ideas.  2nd half saltash stepped up a gear and looked fresher and much more the  better team  

Dane put together a really quailty team and keeping hold of  Reece  when parkway and  tavi were in his ear is a master stroke . Saltash will be up around the mix come the end of season  . Tavistock need some quality brought in to give the club a lift it’s been a tough pre season  key players have gone 

even Henderson in his interview looks like he could do with a lift.    

Ashes 2 Tavi 0

Dour first half at the Kimberly, but higher tempo, control of the midfield and opportunities created meant the Ashes deserved the points.

Tavi were toothless up front. Losing Annear, Crago & others has weakened them. The last two years the Lambs have been a really exciting outfit that I've watched often, but today they were poor.

The Ashes will be top 4 to top 6 and are a fit, organised and strong in all departments. Really liked the inteoduction of Scott Crocker - pacy and with good movement.

Hopefully going to the long awaited game vs Helston on Wednesday. What a clash in prospect!

8 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Ashes 2 Tavi 0

Dour first half at the Kimberly, but higher tempo, control of the midfield and opportunities created meant the Ashes deserved the points.

Tavi were toothless up front. Losing Annear, Crago & others has weakened them. The last two years the Lambs have been a really exciting outfit that I've watched often, but today they were poor.

The Ashes will be top 4 to top 6 and are a fit, organised and strong in all departments. Really liked the inteoduction of Scott Crocker - pacy and with good movement.

Hopefully going to the long awaited game vs Helston on Wednesday. What a clash in prospect!

Agree with most of this. However I felt Tavistock’s back 4 was very poor today usually they’re the best players for tavi. Saltash on top all game and done well, but it’s the first game of the season let’s not get carried away now!

Mousehole 3-3 Wellington

A cracking afternoon's entertainment at the very nicely developed Trungle Parc and excellent value for money for my £7.

I think Mousehole fans are going to get a lot of this type of game as they look very hot going forward, but shaky across the back line (and lacking in inches) and the keeper, if he is the regular keeper, looks like a St Piran League standard than a Western League one.

2-2 at the break with Wellington marginally the better side. They took the lead twice due to mistakes among that shaky defence while Mousehole came from behind to equalise twice.

After the break, Mousehole took control and were significantly better over the second 45. They scored early, hit the woodwork twice , but had to settle for a point in their début at this level when the visitors scored a couple of minutes before the end.

As I mentioned before, Trungle Parc has been developed to meet the ground gradings for this level really nicely. The car park end is now enclosed by a concrete block wall with a covered standing area inside and there is a wooden fence at the bottom end to separate the ground from the adjacent cricket ground. I believe there are plans to improve the access road as well which would be very welcome.

The new covered area is poignantly named the Solomon Browne stand after the Penlee lifeboat that went down with the loss of all the RNLI personnel on board 40 years ago.

A couple of points about the match day experience. No paper programme, and the PA man didn't read the teams out which was a bit of a shame. Also, he only announced the home goalscorers not the away ones which I felt was a little disrepectful. There were plenty of stewards on duty all of whom were very friendly and accommodating.

The club have come a long way in a relatively short time and will no doubt look to continue to progress - good luck to them.

4 minutes ago, Richard Rundle said:

.... and the PA man didn't read the teams out which was a bit of a shame.

Have to agree with you there Richard. On previous visits I've always hoped the announcer was going to read them out, especially when he's had a good chat on the PA. I know they are on show in the clubhouse, but not everyone wants to go in to find out, especially under these current pandemic conditions.

However, it's a great visit these days to Trungle 👍

1 hour ago, CornishHopper said:

Agree with most of this. However I felt Tavistock’s back 4 was very poor today usually they’re the best players for tavi. Saltash on top all game and done well, but it’s the first game of the season let’s not get carried away now!

Not at all. I've seen about a dozen games at Langsford Park in the last couple of years and been hugely impressed. An exciting side to watch. Only day one, but thought Tavi were poor and recent departures much missed. Callum Watson, one of ny favourite WL players not fully fit either. Not writing them off ar all.

My hopes for the Ashes, similarly, based on seeing them even more regularly tham Tavi. Moreover, they played OK yesterday, but won well without needing to be at their best.

Bridport 1 Helston Athletic 7

A great day for Helston as they enjoyed making history with not only there first ever game in the Western League, but with the margin of victory they can also be content with sitting on top of the table, ok albeit after only one game!

The opening minutes were untidy with both sides content to lump the ball up to the other end of the pitch, and it didn't help with the Blues striker Ryan Turner being caught offside far too many times.

However it was only 13 minutes before Helston notched their first ever Western League goal, it came from Matty Buchan who cut in from the left and fired home. The lead only lasted seconds though as within a minute the hosts were back level with an absolutely brilliantly hit 35 yarder from Riley Weedon, giving the new Helston goalkeeper Marko Radovanovic no chance whatsoever.

Chances continue to be created by Helston, more so down the flanks with Kai Cornish on the right looking lively and Buchan continuing to pose problems on the left. It was a midfielder however who gave Helston the lead for the second time as Phil Cattran shot across the Bridport keeper into the far corner on 25 minutes and this really ended the match as a contest as by the half time interval the Blues were 4-1 up with further goals from Cornish and a second from Buchan.

Helston came out after the half time interval looking pretty content with their first half achievements and  after just 4 minutes of the second half Mattie Buchan completed his hat trick. The three points were now well and truly wrapped up and immediately Billy Tucker replaced the 3 goal Buchan.

Helston continued to control the game and went close to increasing their lead when a Cornish shot went across a packed penalty area.

Stu Bowker and Lewis Tonkin came on just past the hour. Ten minutes later Cornish shot home, left-footed from the edge of the penalty area : 6-1. 

An almost redundant Radovanovic was brought into the action in the last ten minutes when he was nearly caught out by a rare second half Bridport break forward.

The play returned to the Bridport end and Bowker marked his Western League debut for Helston blasting the ball home to complete the score line. There was still time for Radovanovic to bring out a quick reaction save to another effort from Weedon, before punching clear the resultant corner.

All eyes now turn to Wednesday for Helston’s opening home fixture - against Saltash United. A game not to be missed!

8 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Mousehole 3-3 Wellington

A cracking afternoon's entertainment at the very nicely developed Trungle Parc and excellent value for money for my £7.

I think Mousehole fans are going to get a lot of this type of game as they look very hot going forward, but shaky across the back line (and lacking in inches) and the keeper, if he is the regular keeper, looks like a St Piran League standard than a Western League one.

2-2 at the break with Wellington marginally the better side. They took the lead twice due to mistakes among that shaky defence while Mousehole came from behind to equalise twice.

After the break, Mousehole took control and were significantly better over the second 45. They scored early, hit the woodwork twice , but had to settle for a point in their début at this level when the visitors scored a couple of minutes before the end.

As I mentioned before, Trungle Parc has been developed to meet the ground gradings for this level really nicely. The car park end is now enclosed by a concrete block wall with a covered standing area inside and there is a wooden fence at the bottom end to separate the ground from the adjacent cricket ground. I believe there are plans to improve the access road as well which would be very welcome.

The new covered area is poignantly named the Solomon Browne stand after the Penlee lifeboat that went down with the loss of all the RNLI personnel on board 40 years ago.

A couple of points about the match day experience. No paper programme, and the PA man didn't read the teams out which was a bit of a shame. Also, he only announced the home goalscorers not the away ones which I felt was a little disrepectful. There were plenty of stewards on duty all of whom were very friendly and accommodating.

The club have come a long way in a relatively short time and will no doubt look to continue to progress - good luck to them.

Does that mean thete's an online programme offering?

I see tavi on the verge of losing Matt Andrews to parkway before he even kicked a ball for them and judging by Henderson comments he not particularly pleased with parkway management  approach stripping his club of more players  

also mentions he can’t offer the same money to keep a player unless he gets in to the southern league which I find odd as surly you pay the money now to keep your top players to give you a chance to get yourself promoted 

Definitely a club that could do with a moral boosting win tomorrow 

22 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I see tavi on the verge of losing Matt Andrews to parkway before he even kicked a ball for them and judging by Henderson comments he not particularly pleased with parkway management  approach stripping his club of more players  

also mentions he can’t offer the same money to keep a player unless he gets in to the southern league which I find odd as surly you pay the money now to keep your top players to give you a chance to get yourself promoted 

Definitely a club that could do with a moral boosting win tomorrow 

I think Matty has actually gone to Parkway. Strange comments from Stuart really, Camelford never complained when he took Matty and Kian (to a higher league and more money) and just wished both players well - especially Matty who worked through his injury at Camelford and always wanted to give it a ‘final’ go at playing as high a standard as he could. 
Anyway good win for Tavi tonight (without Matty in the squad. 

What sort of form? 

I take your point with the Thomson one as the timing was poor doing it on the day the teams played each other. 

BUT other than that surely teams everywhere make approaches for players. 

15 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Thinking back, Parkway have got ‘form’ on this sort of approach. They tried to get Reece Thomson from Saltash by putting in an approach right on FA Cup day last season. Didn’t work that time, but clearly much the same has happened and been successful this time.