Cornwall Football Forum

100 hours community service

Guest plainmoor

If you really want to punish the guy, make him "head of public relations" for Truro City FC. Surely nothing could be harder work than trying to gain Truro City FC the respect and likeability that they crave??.

"Yet another note to self, still got to work on cutting out the sarcasm" :P

Maybe something useful like helping out local PE teachers in schools by taking football lessons with the kids? Or perhaps by cleaning and rolling local council football pitches so there in better condition for match-days?

Those were serious suggestions by the way, if this topic is just yet another 'lets slag off Truro City' topic then ive simply misread the situation and i apolygise! :c:

Working as a porter/helper at Treliske A&E on Friday and Saturday nights so perhaps he'll be able to see what damage booze and bottling does to people. Car accidents, fights, and youngsters in drunken stupours should give him a bit of a wake up call.

Followed by an extra 100 hours as a hospital visitor talking to patients/victims of unprovoked drunks and drunken drivers.

CTB

Working as a porter/helper at Treliske A&E on Friday and Saturday nights so perhaps he'll be able to see what damage booze and bottling does to people. Car accidents, fights, and youngsters in drunken stupours should give him a bit of a wake up call.

Followed by an extra 100 hours as a hospital visitor talking to patients of unprovoked drunks and drunken drivers.

CTB i have seen what drink has done even to the most placid person,3yrs on the ambulance seeing drink driving,even had my head hit over the head in Newquy,becauce they thought i was a policeman and they wernt all thugs,so that what drink does to some people,not defending him if he cant take it he should lay of the booze so ctb if he was allowed that would be a great idea to go to AaE :clapper:

Personally, I think anyone caught drink/driving whilst over the limit should be banned for life. No ifs or buts, off the road for ever, no matter the circumstances.

You get in the drivers seat of a car and if you are unfit to drive through drink, then that car is like a cocked gun ready to kill.

You knowingly get behind the wheel and you know you might have an accident and might even kill someone. It's premedatated. No excuses, guilty. Don't even need to get to court. You're off the road there and then forever.

Personally, I think anyone caught drink/driving whilst over the limit should be banned for life. No ifs or buts, off the road for ever, no matter the circumstances.

You get in the drivers seat of a car and if you are unfit to drive through drink, then that car is like a cocked gun ready to kill.

You knowingly get behind the wheel and you know you might have an accident and might even kill someone. It's premedatated. No excuses, guilty. Don't even need to get to court. You're off the road there and then forever.

cant agree more my self,are you saying i condoned it :blink:

If you really want to punish the guy, make him "head of public relations" for Truro City FC. Surely nothing could be harder work than trying to gain Truro City FC the respect and likeability that they crave??.

"Yet another note to self, still got to work on cutting out the sarcasm" :P

Ive got a better idea,why not make use of his given talent,we could send him to some nasty outback of Cornwall and teach them how to play football,perhaps somewhere like Gulval A.F.C.

Ive got a better idea,why not make use of his given talent,we could send him to some nasty outback of Cornwall and teach them how to play football,perhaps somewhere like Gulval A.F.C.

KIT 65, you're a funny fella aren't you?. I bet people haven't stopped laughing at you since you were dropped on your head just after birth?.

Firstly, Gulval A.F.C. is not a place, so therefore can not be described as "some nasty outback of Cornwall". Secondly, how many times have you watched Gulval play football??. I'm willing to guess that the only time you've even heard anything about Gulval as a club is on this site OR perhaps in the local papers when they've been talking about our league titles, cup victories, record breaking goalscorers etc etc.

Anyway, he would never show up down here if he was told to "use his given talent to teach Gulval AFC to play football",. I don't know the guy and can't really judge him BUT my guess is, he would "Bottle it" and not show up. ;)

You see KIT 65, your lack of education has clearly left you unable to respond to a joke without being nasty or insulting. Although my opinion in the statement you quoted me on is based upon FACT (Truro are not a liked club and supporters have admitted that their PR leaves alot to be desired), it is still abundantly clear, even to my 11 year old son, that my quote is nothing more than a joke or lighthearted comment. Do you don't understand the concept of a joke?.

Now you just go ahead and tell me what it is that makes Gulval A.F.C. even remotely similar to the way you've described them in your supposed response to my earlier quote?. Now, please hurry with your response because thanks to my lovely 2 year old son and 9 month old daughter, I already had one hell of a sleepless night last night and I really couldn't handle another one just because I was too excited to sleep whilst I await with great anticipation for your intellectual and none abusive response?.

"Note to self, the "cut out sarcasm" counselling sessions are clearly not working" :o

so again coopsie is dishing stuff out but getting all defensive when it comes his way,

i think you should all leave the guy alone he was punished how the law saw fit and that should be the end of it.

lets just say if it was reversed and it was something any of you did wrong, would you really like it being on a public forum??

KIT 65, you're a funny fella aren't you?. I bet people haven't stopped laughing at you since you were dropped on your head just after birth?.

Firstly, Gulval A.F.C. is not a place, so therefore can not be described as "some nasty outback of Cornwall".

Rattled someone's Coopsie cage your! (Rearrange into an apposite comment! - jumbled to challenge some of our contributors!)

Firstly, Gulval A.F.C. is not a place, so therefore can not be described as "some nasty outback of Cornwall". Secondly, how many times have you watched Gulval play football??. I'm willing to guess that the only time you've even heard anything about Gulval as a club is on this site OR perhaps in the local papers when they've been talking about our league titles, cup victories, record breaking goalscorers etc etc.

Anyway, he would never show up down here if he was told to "use his given talent to teach Gulval AFC to play football",. I don't know the guy and can't really judge him BUT my guess is, he would "Bottle it" and not show up. ;)

You see KIT 65, your lack of education has clearly left you unable to respond to a joke without being nasty or insulting. Although my opinion in the statement you quoted me on is based upon FACT (Truro are not a liked club and supporters have admitted that their PR leaves alot to be desired), it is still abundantly clear, even to my 11 year old son, that my quote is nothing more than a joke or lighthearted comment. Do you don't understand the concept of a joke?.

Now you just go ahead and tell me what it is that makes Gulval A.F.C. even remotely similar to the way you've described them in your supposed response to my earlier quote?. Now, please hurry with your response because thanks to my lovely 2 year old son and 9 month old daughter, I already had one hell of a sleepless night last night and I really couldn't handle another one just because I was too excited to sleep whilst I await with great anticipation for your intellectual and none abusive response?.

"Note to self, the "cut out sarcasm" counselling sessions are clearly not working" :o

Hey come on coopsie,I thought you would see the funny side of it,not spit your dummy out and get all personal.For a start,the thread is not a serious topic,the answers are supposed to be a bit of fun.If you dish it out mate,learn to take it,and not respond with a personal attack.Look again at my post,I said nothing personal about you.

KIT.

Yes Coopsie - practice what you preach - you have said several times on this Forum that Truro Fans shouldn't react when faced with criticism or sarcasm - particularly if things are "said as a joke" or "meant in fun".

So when one little bit comes your way then dont throw your teddy out of the pram..!!

Guest crosser

come on lay of coopsie he's had a bad day spurs got tanked by the brummys, even though my boys got stuffed by chelski at least the biggest cheer of the game was when big fat frank got sent off :yahoo:

Guest Urban Spaceman

QUOTE(Urban Spaceman @ Feb 29 2008, 11:47 PM)

or just picking up rubbish and cleaning spray paint off walls like normal people on it do

speaking from experience?

haha you will never no mate as you have no idea who i am

ur rite liam id neva guess it was u

QUOTE(Urban Spaceman @ Feb 29 2008, 11:47 PM)

or just picking up rubbish and cleaning spray paint off walls like normal people on it do

speaking from experience?

haha you will never no mate as you have no idea who i am

ur rite liam id neva guess it was u

haha alot people call me liam on here well done you no my first name

Kit 65, Big G, oldasitgets and the hoff. If what was said was directed towards ME, there would not have been any need for me to post what I did. Unfortunately it was not about ME, nor was it directed towards ONLY ME. It was directed towards my football club and therefore everybody associated with it. The club and those associated with it have not commented on this topic, so why feel the need to bring them into it, let alone insult them?.

I can take ANYTHING that any of you can throw my way and comfortably rise above it. At no point in the past when I've been posting all my "Anti Truro" statements have I criticised Truro as a place or the teams/clubs footballing abilities. Therefore there was/is NO NEED to criticise the football that my club plays or the area/town that they play it in.

Kit 65, Big G, oldasitgets and the hoff. If what was said was directed towards ME, there would not have been any need for me to post what I did. Unfortunately it was not about ME, nor was it directed towards ONLY ME. It was directed towards my football club and therefore everybody associated with it. The club and those associated with it have not commented on this topic, so why feel the need to bring them into it, let alone insult them?.

I can take ANYTHING that any of you can throw my way and comfortably rise above it. At no point in the past when I've been posting all my "Anti Truro" statements have I criticised Truro as a place or the teams/clubs footballing abilities. Therefore there was/is NO NEED to criticise the football that my club plays or the area/town that they play it in.

on another point coopsie ,had a chat with lenny,yesterday,top bloke who was in the middle for yesterdays game truro v portleven,he had a great game and showed why he should carry on,and from what he said it was one stupid player,and not the team that caused all the trouble,and my dad used to deliver milk around guval 70 odd years ago,so i love the place as much as truro :smiley20: