Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup final venue

Guest Rubber Soul

Thanks for those comments guys.

We had a 80% grant for the new changing rooms, grandstand & the floodlights but anybody can apply for funding if they have youth teams, ladies teams etc and are prepared to help the local community.

We did not have any funding for the pitch leveling or the new stand behind the goal and in all the club has probably had to find over £100,000 in the last 5 years ; that is why we haven,t been able to pay big money on our team and have had to rely on local talent and loyal players who dont play for money.

The playing surface is not as good as we would like just yet but believe me it will get better and better; after all its only 18 months old; and i remember only too well that pitches such as St.Blazey, Bodmin, Porthlevan & Liskeard used to be regularly waterlogged when i was playing --- look at them now superb, it just takes a bit of time.

We will have the pitch looking good, time easter monday comes along, fingers crossed not too much rain.

Hope we can prove you all wrong !!!!!!

Well done Robbie and all at Wadebridge, the whole set-up is only going to get better at Wadebridge and a lot of hard work has gone in over the years to get where you are now.

Sure you've had money in the form of a grant, but that's what it's there for and if you spend time on getting the grassroots of your club right then you've always got a chance of a helping hand from the FA and it's partners.

Good luck and congratulations!

that is why we haven,t been able to pay big money on our team and have had to rely on local talent and loyal players who dont play for money

But your manager comes from Plymouth as does your recent signing the keeper, may be others. But i am not detracting from the fantastic work done there, just putting it in perspective. <_<

We could just about field a 5 a side team if we relied on players from Plymouth, so relying on local talent is very much the case...plus none of my players play for money and I would never sign anyone whose only motivation was the cash, not for Wadebridge, or anyone else!

Thanks, but prespective not required, or relevant in this case, just congratulations on what has been a very productive season so far, both on and off the pitch for Wadebridge Town, a very friendly, loyal and ambitious club.

Hopefully we can end it with some silverware and the recognition this club deserves.

:smiley20:

So thats 2 finals in two years for Wadebridge, should help their coffers, isn't the secretary of ccfa something to do with wadebridge as well?

Well i cant believe what i am reading.A post from Plainmoor that does not have a dig at Truro City and their ambitions.

hahahahahaha

i was thinking the exact same thing