Cornwall Football Forum

Anybody Watched A Friendly Yet?

hi new to forum, no particular team but regularly watch games in east cornwall...yesterday i decided to have a look in on callington v lakeside, callington look good,very strong team, jake millar very impressive, and  a young sub  come on called finlay harrison  i think , well he was something else, huge young teenager  good 6"3 or 4  and built like brick house, very classy , very good prospect ,whether these players remain at callington who knows, what i did notice though, which is a shame, all the times i have been to callington, it is always has  been a nice ground to visit , but yesterday was like walking into a scene from the walking dead, the ground has  seriously  become rundown , grass and weeds waste high around edges of ground, seats covered in bird poo, and clubhouse outside needs a  bit of care, faded decking, the small car park beside it is like a dumping ground , really is a  shame, a local joked all the money been spent on players!

CALLINGTON  1-4  TIVERTON   (HT 0-2)   ATT: 83   Admission £2 👍

Enjoyable and competitive pre season friendly played on an excellent pitch at the Marshfield. Two teams that should be challenging for the top 6 in their respective leagues on this showing. Played in good spirits apart from a little 10 man bust up in the 68th minute after a couple meaty challenges. Cagey opening 20 minutes before Tivvy edged ahead and doubled their lead in the 38th minute with Theo Simpson looking sharp without finding the net. Callington came back well after the break with Jake Miller catching the eye, pulling a goal back on the hour before Tivvy showed their class in the last 25 minutes. Matt Wright with a couple of close range goals after unselfish play from team mates and the imposing Tyrone Mings lookalike Austen Booth heading home from a corner 3 minutes from time. Didn’t catch who scored the opener, a tap in at the far post after the ball eluded a crowd of players. Findlay Harrison getting the Cally goal, decent young target man. Lovely evening, lights came on in the 65th minute but were probably not needed tonight. 

1st half) CALLINGTON shots on target 2) 33’ 40’. Shots off target 2)  27’ 42’  Corners 2 /  TIVERTON shots on target 2) 20 ️ 38️  shots off target 4) 19, 22, 25, 28. Corners 5

2nd half). CALLINGTON shots on 2) 56’  60️  Shots off 1) 54.  Corners 1.  /.  TIVERTON  shots on 6) 63’ 70 post free kick. 74’ 78,️  82, 87️  Shots off  5) . 55’ 65, 67, 71, 79, Corners 7.

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

CALLINGTON  1-4  TIVERTON   (HT 0-2)   ATT: 83   Admission £2 👍

Enjoyable and competitive pre season friendly played on an excellent pitch at the Marshfield. Two teams that should be challenging for the top 6 in their respective leagues on this showing. Played in good spirits apart from a little 10 man bust up in the 68th minute after a couple meaty challenges. Cagey opening 20 minutes before Tivvy edged ahead and doubled their lead in the 38th minute with Theo Simpson looking sharp without finding the net. Callington came back well after the break with Jake Miller catching the eye, pulling a goal back on the hour before Tivvy showed their class in the last 25 minutes. Matt Wright with a couple of close range goals after unselfish play from team mates and the imposing Tyrone Mings lookalike Austen Booth heading home from a corner 3 minutes from time. Didn’t catch who scored the opener, a tap in at the far post after the ball eluded a crowd of players. Findlay Harrison getting the Cally goal, decent young target man. Lovely evening, lights came on in the 65th minute but were probably not needed tonight. 

1st half) CALLINGTON shots on target 2) 33’ 40’. Shots off target 2)  27’ 42’  Corners 2 /  TIVERTON shots on target 2) 20 ️ 38️  shots off target 4) 19, 22, 25, 28. Corners 5

2nd half). CALLINGTON shots on 2) 56’  60️  Shots off 1) 54.  Corners 1.  /.  TIVERTON  shots on 6) 63’ 70 post free kick. 74’ 78,️  82, 87️  Shots off  5) . 55’ 65, 67, 71, 79, Corners 7.

Great report here Rappo! 

I too attended this, a fantastic pre-season fixture! as close to a competitive league game I think I've seen. Extremely good quality from both sides on show, speaking with the chairman at Callington last night he said that Calli had a number missing!! front three unavailable & both center backs if this is the case then my word. What a side Callington are building at the moment, to match Tivy for large portions of the game I was very impressed. 

On another note, chalk and cheese from the last time I came to Callington, grass had been cut around the surrounding areas and the clubhouse was all arranged and looking good. Will make the trip to Tiverton very soon!

Thanks Greygen, yeah good game wasn’t it 👍️  Like you say, very impressed with Matts Callington team! I played it down saying top 6 to be honest, never like to put pressure on but they could well be right up there challenging. Hard working, physical, and well organised with a bit of flair to boot and all that against quality opposition 👏🏼

48 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks Greygen, yeah good game wasn’t it 👍️  Like you say, very impressed with Matts Callington team! I played it down saying top 6 to be honest, never like to put pressure on but they could well be right up there challenging. Hard working, physical, and well organised with a bit of flair to boot and all that against quality opposition 👏🏼

Absolutely very competitive fixture, shame about the two late goals thought 2-1 was a fair result on the balance of play. Agreed, think Matt & his assistant last night have them very well drilled and organized. Think it makes for an interesting season this year definitely! next stop LANSON.

I was at the Callington Town v Tiverton Town game too. A very good evenings entertainment. Tiverton comfortable first  half and could have scored more than two, but an under-strength Cally fought well. Second half Cally were more threatening going forward and produced several good passages of play and for long spells edged the proceedings. Two late goals put an unfair gloss on the final score.

Overall a good shape, good organisation, some smart passing second half, all in the credit column for the hosts. This season will not be a repeat of recent struggles for Callington. Tiverton played some good stuff too, all on a lovely sunlit evening that was perfect for football.

As with Greygen next stop Lanson v Millbrook on Friday night.

5 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Watched Falmouth town play their reserves last night. Falmouth are gonna be a string force this season. Entertaining match finished 6-3 to Falmouth 1sts.

I thought they looked a bit leggy.  2nd game in 7 months so understandable.  Two of the new signings not there and a few players missing.  Thought the young striker for the reserves looked sharp though. Two goals against two decent centre-halfs.  Worth a run-out in a few friendlies I would have thought.

Watched Camelford v Penryn last night. Both teams missing players (Camelford had no keeper or centre backs so made for some entertainment). Good competitive game and both teams got good minutes out of it. Camels won 3-2, could / should have been a few more but Penryn will do okay next season - some good players (keeper made great saves) and the lad Reevie up front a handful), well organised and well coached and wish them good luck back in the SWPL. 
Only downside was the officiating - letting too much go caused problems with some combative challenges - no one what’s to see cards in friendlies but you don’t want to see broken legs either - sure the ref learnt from it as he’s a young lad who I’ve seen before and will develop into a very good ref. 

Went and watched a really good friendly between the G and Elburton Villa score 2-2 , This was  a really good performance from the  G they got a real good side there i can see them shocking a few teams this year the Goalie Ben Mitchell commanding his area really well he looked good Gav Perraton was a real handful for the Elburton defence .The G scored 1st when Jack Dixon could only push the ball out and the G player Matt Walker couldnt miss really  and he was very good my mom .Elburton equalised then with 5 mins to go they went 2-1 and usually thats it but this G team didnt give up like some of the teams in the past ,they had a free kick and up steps Gav Perraton with a rocket of  a shot an dthat was it 2-2 final score ,but it was so hot .Lewis Edwards the ELburton player i saw play for Saltash in the final vs Falmouth a few years back reckonised Smokie he will be signing autographs next i think i will charge  a £ to have there photo with him ok Mom for the G for me MATT WALKER  had a great game scored had 1 dissalowed but it looked good to me and for Elburton the no4 great game battled in Midfield . The ref was 1 of the best i have seen he plyed the advantage a lot he reminded me of the referees in the Euros you are welcome back at Godolphin Way anytime .It wa sstrange walking on the new Driveway into the ground you could smell the tarmac in the heat going to miss getting soaking wet feet like i use to from the Pot Holes that use to be there .Thankyou Elburton for making the journey to our ground when you hear of so many teams pulling out and blaming it on Covid . 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched a really good friendly between the G and Elburton Villa score 2-2 , This was  a really good performance from the  G they got a real good side there i can see them shocking a few teams this year the Goalie Ben Mitchell commanding his area really well he looked good Gav Perraton was a real handful for the Elburton defence .The G scored 1st when Jack Dixon could only push the ball out and the G player Matt Walker couldnt miss really  and he was very good my mom .Elburton equalised then with 5 mins to go they went 2-1 and usually thats it but this G team didnt give up like some of the teams in the past ,they had a free kick and up steps Gav Perraton with a rocket of  a shot an dthat was it 2-2 final score ,but it was so hot .Lewis Edwards the ELburton player i saw play for Saltash in the final vs Falmouth a few years back reckonised Smokie he will be signing autographs next i think i will charge  a £ to have there photo with him ok Mom for the G for me MATT WALKER  had a great game scored had 1 dissalowed but it looked good to me and for Elburton the no4 great game battled in Midfield . The ref was 1 of the best i have seen he plyed the advantage a lot he reminded me of the referees in the Euros you are welcome back at Godolphin Way anytime .It wa sstrange walking on the new Driveway into the ground you could smell the tarmac in the heat going to miss getting soaking wet feet like i use to from the Pot Holes that use to be there .Thankyou Elburton for making the journey to our ground when you hear of so many teams pulling out and blaming it on Covid . 

To be fair they probably are blaming it on covid, because it is isolation due to covid. It's rife at the moment if you hadn't noticed.

Yes Covid is bad it is here in newquay. but some teams are calling there games off on the Tuesday then the same teams are playing on the THURSDAY ,I think they dont fancy to journey cant blame them with the traffic so bad but well done to ELBURTON VILLA FOR MAKING the journey down yesterday to play the G off to STICKER on tuesday to see themvs Helston then saturday 2 games if they are on 1st NEWQUAY VS CRIBBS 12PM KO Then out to watch the G VS ALVECHURCH and hopefullyTORPOINT  will rearange there cancelled match with NEWQUAY this week i see they played LISKEARD yesterday so they must be over self isolation .Have a good week people and get off your bums and go and watch some local footy 

Lanson on Friday night, what a great evening for some football!

Millbrook, as expected by far the better team playing some fantastic football. Must say, again! very worried if I was a Lanson follower, not sure this lot have what it takes to compete in the league this year, another bottom 3 finish I can see this year! 

Busy couple of weeks of watching friendlies tmmrw off to Sticker lovely people there going to watch them play Helston and have there new changing rooms opened thought they would of asked me and Smokie to do it but they got some old Councillor they dragged off the streets Boris couldnt make it . This satday 2 matches to watch at Newqay and then out to the G .,and next week 4 games in a row at Wadebridge , Bodmin , Blazey and 1 other St Austell i think so camera will be out as usual Smokie will have to stay in the car for the Bodmin vs Parkway match wonder how much it will be for that match i have concession price .Hope these games arent called off Hope Newquay gets to play someone on WED thay have sent out a appeal for anyone to play at MT Wise im hoping top side Torpoint comes down but would love to see Mousehole come down or even Blazey 

13 hours ago, Greygen said:

Lanson on Friday night, what a great evening for some football!

Millbrook, as expected by far the better team playing some fantastic football. Must say, again! very worried if I was a Lanson follower, not sure this lot have what it takes to compete in the league this year, another bottom 3 finish I can see this year! 

I was at that game and thought Lanson edged the first half! Millbrook's pass and move football a delight to watch second half and inevitably they prevailed. I thought the Clarets far from enbarrassed on the night against higher level opposition.

My exoectations for the season are low but good luck Clarets for the new season.

13 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I was at that game and thought Lanson edged the first half! Millbrook's pass and move football a delight to watch second half and inevitably they prevailed. I thought the Clarets far from enbarrassed on the night against higher level opposition.

My exoectations for the season are low but good luck Clarets for the new season.

Maybe I was a little harsh, was expecting a little more considering how much both of the managers there have been spoken about. Think the caliber of player they have is very poor for this league. Was expecting them to attract a much better standard of player

PSF Liskeard Athletic 5 Saltash United Reserves 0 at Lux Park.

SWPL W v St Pirans East. Att about 45 headcount.

After the big crowds of Kimberley, back to normal tonight. The plan was to go to Torpoint/Camelford but Mill Park looked empty at 645pm, so a quick turn to A374 and the Twisties meant I got to Liskeard by 715pm.

Turned out Torpoint was on ( and they lost 1-4) but this was a gem of a game. As befits a Liskeard/Ashes Derby it was keenly fought, festy at points. Liskeard lost their old manager close season and Saltash have picked up a nucleus of players. Add in the news Lisleard reserves have folded so I was interested to see how they'd perform.

And the answer was actually very well. Clearly this Liskeard side is like the more and encouraging side of Cornish Soccer- ie a group lads who are all friends and play for the badge. Whilst sadly I can't see them top 5 in SWPL W - they'll be nowhere near the bottom of that I'm certain.

Lux Park looks very similar to when it was Western League ground although the cover by cricket ground is a new replacement. But I enjoyed my evening so that's the main thing and if I get chance I'll happily go back for a fixture 
  •  

Just back from watching a classy Helston side hammer Sticker im not sure what the final score was i lost count after 9 they where really good they had a slim durned Stuart BOWKER and he was excellent played some lovely touches and his back heel for 1 of the goals was class they had so many good players it was good to see Josh Storey back playing again after the awful injury he had and he was great and the new goalie was commanding but my MOM is easy really it goes to Kai Cornish poor little got the kicked out of him but was brilliant 1 of the goals he got god knows how he got his leg up so high Brilliant entertainment got to feel sorry for the young Sticker GOALIE because he was at Helston last year Leo Sumner is his name Helson where just class all over the field i can see doing well in the Western League onto Wadebridge on Monday to Watch them play Helston good luck the Bridger your going to need it .Only down side of the evening i got a speeding ticket because i wanted to get home before it got dark I  have just seen on the HELSTON sight it was 7 i thoght it was 9 because HELston scored 2 goals in a minute in one bit of the match Kai  Cornish what a brilliant player worth the admission price alone just to watch him hope he plays again on Monday night and some other players like Billy  Tucker 2 games in NEWQUAY this weekend 12pm Newquay vs Cribbs at 3 a biggy at Godolphin way against the talented MT Gauld team last time i saw them play they put 10 past Newlyn East they have lost some players since that game but it will still be a test for the G sd come along and watch the new G play .Thats All Folks 

Just back from same game: Torpoint 1-4 Camelford. 

A full squad Torpoint (less one player) against a Canels team missing two key defenders and keeper (big thank you to Torpoint for lending their second keeper to Camels) and fielding 3 16yo and Torpoint pushing for the East title.

First half was a dominant display from the Camels, lively interchanges and the movement of Ryan, Ed and Cam up front was too much for Torpoint. Only goal of the half was from an individual run by Ryan and lovely finish. 
Second half saw Torpoint change their whole midfield and they were very lively against tired legs on a very hot evening. Torpoint scored about 10 minutes into the second half - however Camels quickly went ahead again with an even better Ryan goal which seemed to knock the wind out of Torpoint - who started to complain at everything and putting in a few ‘heavy tackles’. Ref had enough and stopped the game after 18 minutes of the second half - mainly due to abuse of the Torpoint no16. 
Ref came back on 10 minutes later and restarted but Camels went 3-1 through Ed and a forth from Boxy - game over. 
Only a PSF but one Torpoint ‘expected’ to win and were clearly second best. 
Agree with Footy Follower on the stand out players - but credit to Camels makeshift defence - any team that can keep Ryan Richards and Torpoints other quality attackers off the score sheet is good going. 

A good run out and good luck to Torpoint (great team - except the annoying 16), in their push this coming season. 

Next game for me Camels v Cribbs Friday night - Cribbs (Ed’s team whilst at Uni) high flying last season in Western Prem and now Hellenic League

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why didn’t he just send the player off?

Dave - nobody knows - he threatened to sin bin him and the Torpoint keeper earlier but probably just had enough. There was also a fair bit of abuse from the far stand- but I was half pitch away so can’t be certain of the exact reasons. 

1 minute ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - nobody knows - he threatened to sin bin him and the Torpoint keeper earlier but probably just had enough. There was also a fair bit of abuse from the far stand- but I was half pitch away so can’t be certain of the exact reasons. 

I guess because it's a "friendly" they try and be a bit more lax. There was a couple of tackles at Liskeard last night which would have been certain yellow and possibly a red in a few weeks,  but the ref had a strong word with the players and one was subsequently substituted immediately. 

We went to Sticker to watch them play Helston who seem to have put together a team that will easily hold its own in the Western League this coming season.
Helston were always in charge of the game and the result will come as no surprise to anyone who has seen them play this season.
Sticker will have to improve to finish in the top half of the league, but we applaud their attitude of improving their facilities instead of the alternative of spending all their hard earned cash on playing staff.
The opening of their new changing rooms took place before the match, and a quick peep inside the doors suggested that they have created something to be proud of.
Mr Massey was very complimentary about the facility and said the playing surface was a credit to the club.
We'll be happy to go back to Sticker again during the season, we are always made welcome there, good luck to them, they deserve it.

Just home from Wadebridge 4 Foxhole 0.

Wadebridge surprised a few teams last season and gave Saltash a hell of game last October. On tonight's showing make no mistake they'll be up there again. Foxhole clearly were not as fit or have the turn of speed but I like the terrier approach of Wadebridge, run, defend and hassle. It worked well for them tonight. The two forwards were excellent although the number 9 had a bit of a mare with some open goal misses. 

Foxhole played their part and played some good stuff especially towards the end of the match and I think they'll hold their own in their league on this showing. 

I'll finally say and stick my neck out- but Wadebridge could well be top 6 on their play alone and they were much better than the Liskeard side I saw last night.

18 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Just home from Wadebridge 4 Foxhole 0.

Wadebridge surprised a few teams last season and gave Saltash a hell of game last October. On tonight's showing make no mistake they'll be up there again. Foxhole clearly were not as fit or have the turn of speed but I like the terrier approach of Wadebridge, run, defend and hassle. It worked well for them tonight. The two forwards were excellent although the number 9 had a bit of a mare with some open goal misses. 

Foxhole played their part and played some good stuff especially towards the end of the match and I think they'll hold their own in their league on this showing. 

I'll finally say and stick my neck out- but Wadebridge could well be top 6 on their play alone and they were much better than the Liskeard side I saw last night.

thought liskeard played some superb football last night at times and if taken chances would of won that by double figures, goals guaranteed with lorenz up top can see liskeard easily being top 5/6 in a weaker league then last! with more consistency there bang there, looking at there new additions there strong.

Good report Phil, not much to add to that, agreed 👍️  Rower has got Wadebridge well drilled, fit and lively. Nice to see him and Wittser as always tonight. Foxhole will do well in their league, got some quality players! Great to see Whetts back playing the 1st half after his broken leg and Lee Rickard playing the 2nd half up front where I always enjoy watching him play forcing a great save out the keeper 3 minutes from time 👏🏼 Darin still looking well, what a servant he’s been for the Foxes over the years! Top bloke! Did a bit of a breakdown for anyone interested, the Mrs ticktok videos disturbed me a bit so apologies for any wrong stats!!

ADMISSION.   FREE

ATT    63

WADEBRIDGE (3) 4

FOXHOLE  (0) 0

1ST HALF) Wadebridge shots on) 2️, 11️, 22, 23️, 42, 45.  Shots off) 5,  Corners 2.   Foxhole shots on)  9, 17.  Shots off)  38.  Corners 0.

2ND HALF) Wadebridge shots on)  50️, 56, 66.  Shots off) 69, 79, 88.  Corners 1.   Foxhole shots on) 87.  Corners 0.

11 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

thought liskeard played some superb football last night at times and if taken chances would of won that by double figures, goals guaranteed with lorenz up top can see liskeard easily being top 5/6 in a weaker league then last! with more consistency there bang there, looking at there new additions there strong.

Yes Liskeard played some nice stuff, but Wadebridge just seemed to have more about them tonight. 

However, the most pleasing trend I'm seeing is the clubs whose squads are clearly all mates and friends. Liskeard and especially Wadebridge were like that.

It's a tact that worked well for Saltash/Millbrook/Tavistock and look where its led them. There seems to be a noticeable move away from the journeymen for the buck of old- and that's a good thing. 

9 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Yes Liskeard played some nice stuff, but Wadebridge just seemed to have more about them tonight. 

However, the most pleasing trend I'm seeing is the clubs whose squads are clearly all mates and friends. Liskeard and especially Wadebridge were like that.

It's a tact that worked well for Saltash/Millbrook/Tavistock and look where its led them. There seems to be a noticeable move away from the journeymen for the buck of old- and that's a good thing. 

Add Callington to that list. They all clearly enjoyed each other's company while at Blazey last season... 🙄

Regarding your point, totally agree. It's a long process though, what we're seeing at Saltash/Millbrook and Tavistock (and starting to see at Liskeard and Wadebridge) has taken years and a strong committee that are prepared to keep going with their plan ,even when they hit a few bumps in the road. Will be interesting to see the first list of transfers published by the Peninsula League. I suspect that apart from Blazey, Bodmin and Callington, we might not see the same large movements of players in and out that we have become used to.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

I suspect that apart from Blazey, Bodmin and Callington, we might not see the same large movements of players in and out that we have become used to.

For the sake of Cornish football we hope that you are right, and maybe then the true and loyal talent of local football will flourish without chasing the money around the county.

3 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Forgot to mention the superb new box nets at Bodieve!! Looked a picture they did! Well done gents!! 👏

20210721_202432.jpg

The ground looks superb. Many years since I watched a game at Bodieve, you used to need one leg shorter than the other to deal with the slope.

Lovely ground nice people there as well ,I will be there Monday night with my loyal companion  be in our usual place top end by the Grandstand should be a good game with HELSTON they played some Tremendous football vs Sticker I expect it will be a different team with Kyran Dogherty in goal he looked very good warming up with the new Helston goalie John Ross but Kyran looked really good  i dont think Kai Cornish will play he must be covered in bruises from the kicking he got the other night and Stuart Bowker looked nackered  he even said im too old for this but he was really good finishing a brilliant move after a great back heel from Josh Storey who is a centre  back Great game hope Mondays are the same Matt Lloyd vs Josh Storey that will be a good battle and Kyle Flew always has looked good for the  the Bridger when i have watched them play .Looking forward to next weeks game but 1st Newquay vs Cribbs 12pm and now its Godolphin vs Saltash Utd RES at 3pm after Mt Gauld had to cancel after they had aready booked opposition for the Saturday 2 good games to watch 

Camelford 1 v 1 Cribbs

Watched this one last night on a very pleasant cooler evening, with a fairly strong wind blowing the length of the pitch. 
As with every PSF Camels were some players light and Cribbs brought a squad of about 18 and are a well coached and disciplined team. Luffs their manager has brought in some higher league players for them to have a push in the Hellenic League next season and their style of football is very simple - they stay very organised and compact when defending and then break with numbers when they win the ball back. 

First half was fairly even, Camels having more possession and shots but Cribbs had ‘better’ possession and looked more dangerous. Cribbs scored on about 40 minutes from a well worked goal and excellent solo finish by Muzza, who to be fair missed a couple as well. Camels seemed to lack the flair and speed of movement they usually play. 
Second half saw Camels come more into the game as an attacking force. Game was faster, Cribbs relied more on their counter attack style, but to less effect. Camels scored on 75 minutes with an excellent Tom C free kick (one of many they won around the edge of the box), game ended 1-1 which was a fair result.

Good game and good luck to Cribbs for next season  

Match 1 out of the way 3-2 win to Newquay  vs Cribbs Newquay dominated the 1st Half and went 1 nil up from a  cool finish from Dan Carne and soon it was 2 -0 dont know scorers was talking to some people from Gillingham Ht came and Cribbs manager made a lot of subs and for a time they seem to be in control but on comes Jack Evans to score a brilliant goal another 1 in his repertoire to put Newquay 3-1 up then Cribbs seemed to loose there discipline and the CRIBBS manager got sent off after aready being booked he tried to throttle Poor Ash Bradshaw who had gone to get the ball and the Cribbs manager had to go to the stands .Cribbs got another goal back but NEWQUAY hung on for a brilliant win against higher league opposition .Great game Newquay will be  a force this year top  3 finish for me .Mom for me Ross Fallens a great midfied display ,shame Aaron Dilley done his hamstring so he will be out for a few weeks but really good display from this Newquay side off out to see the G next and hope they can play as well as there neighbours vs Saltash Res . Just got to refill my flask and off we go again .Game No 2 then back for the rugby and watch Cornishman Luke Cowan Dickie paying for the BrITISH LIONS vs THE SPRINGBOKS ok time to face the trraffic got the people from Gillingham going to watch the G now hope Tania gives them a good Cornish Wecome . Come on the G 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Match 1 out of the way 3-2 win to Newquay  vs Cribbs Newquay dominated the 1st Half and went 1 nil up from a  cool finish from Dan Carne and soon it was 2 -0 dont know scorers was talking to some people from Gillingham Ht came and Cribbs manager made a lot of subs and for a time they seem to be in control but on comes Jack Evans to score a brilliant goal another 1 in his repertoire to put Newquay 3-1 up then Cribbs seemed to loose there discipline and the CRIBBS manager got sent off after aready being booked he tried to throttle Poor Ash Bradshaw who had gone to get the ball and the Cribbs manager had to go to the stands .Cribbs got another goal back but NEWQUAY hung on for a brilliant win against higher league opposition .Great game Newquay will be  a force this year top  3 finish for me .Mom for me Ross Fallens a great midfied display ,shame Aaron Dilley done his hamstring so he will be out for a few weeks but really good display from this Newquay side off out to see the G next and hope they can play as well as there neighbours vs Saltash Res . Just got to refill my flask and off we go again .Game No 2 then back for the rugby and watch Cornishman Luke Cowan Dickie paying for the BrITISH LIONS vs THE SPRINGBOKS ok time to face the trraffic got the people from Gillingham going to watch the G now hope Tania gives them a good Cornish Wecome . Come on the G 

100% agree about first half, was all Newquay - was a bit surprised when I got there and saw the Cribbs line up - 2 players from last night were not in the squad and 4 were on the bench - and they were stand out players. Their absence allowed Carne to run wild and a great goal - Cribbs offered little up front 2-0 nil was a fair score at HT, could have been more. Second half -  Cribbs brought on the 4 subs and soon got it back 2-1 and it was all one way from Cribbs. Throughout the first half Cribbs felt they were not getting anything from the Ref  including the Cribbs manager getting a yellow for decent, which (wrongly) probably contributed to the farce that then took place. Ross Fallen (who was my joint MOM) put in a sliding studs up ankle high tackle right in front of the Cribbs Coaching staff - the Ref saw nothing wrong with it - I thought it was a straight red and about 30 seconds later awarded a free kick to Newquay for a soft tackle - Cribbs player was graphic in telling the Ref he felt the decisions were wrong and got sin binned. The Cribbs captain (who was also excellent and my joint MOM) questions what was going on - not rudely and he got sin binned - so within 20 seconds Cribbs we’re down to 9 players. Cribbs started to time waste and balls were being kicked 50 yds out of play etc - the Cribbs coach held the ball for a Cribbs throw and Ash Bradshaw tried to ‘speed it up a bit’ and the two got carded - so Cribbs manager sent off - whilst only paying against 9 players and no manager Jack BE scored a good goal to make it 3-1. but Newquay never really capitalised and brought on subs. After sin bins finished - Cribbs went back on front foot and scored a cracker to make it 3-2 and could have easily snatched an equaliser. 
Only PSF ‘friendly’ but took three things from it - Newquay have a good starting team but need to strengthen their bench. When on tour players should stay out enjoying Newquay hospitality too late and I would love to see this Ref officiate at Bodmin (the Cribbs manager was very loud but nowhere near as colourful as others in the league) lol

Worth the entrance money for the entertainment and good luck to both teams. 

Great to see 100% and Smokie - sorry Newquay have stopped selling sausage and chips - but very very nice sausage rolls. 

Back from 2nd match and what a crazy match that was Godolphin VS Saltash Res  Satash went 3-0 up in no time at all the No11 getting a hat trick he was running riot ,You would of thought the game was all over but the G came back equalised and went in front Gav Perraton getting a hat trick inc 2 pens .This match was like a Sundaymatch  in the park neither goalie would give you much confidence , the final score was Godolphin 6 - Saltash Res 7 MOM for the G Matt Walker and for Satash the No11 .Gav Perraton got injured for the  G hope hes back for when the season starts .Great to see you Bojfh crazy game Cribbs manager didnt shut up the whole game he just lost it when he grabbed Ash Bradshaw .Nice day of entertainment got 1 tired out litte dog now Smokie had his sausage roll from Tania at the G he enjoyed that .Week of watching Footy Monday Wadebridge ,Tues Bodmin,Wednesday St Blazey and another 1 on Thursday then Newquay 

Sort of SWPL.

Saltash United 1 Holsworthy 0.

Felt like "day after Lord Mayor's parade". A few tired legs on Ashes part. Holsworthy always a tough side,  but playing 5 and 3 in defence made it a tough afternoon. 

Still, miles in the legs, and no injuries in the face of some interesting tackles. The one into the main stand could been have worse than it was. 

STICKER  0-0  PENRYN

Really good game of football!! One of those games where the scoreline doesn’t do it justice! Think Penryn hit the bar and post 4 times and missed a penalty and Sticker hit the woodwork twice. Both keepers made some good saves as well. Plenty for Popey and Flacky to be positive about I would have thought! Bumped into Avers after the game and he showed me the new dressing rooms, absolutely fantastic! Said the away ones are nearly as good as well!! Sticker deserve so much credit for all their work over the years, what a great venue to play your football these days, pitch was immaculate as well! Congrats to all the gents at the club, nice afternoon watching some good players 👍👏🏼

15 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Liskeard 20 (yes, twenty) Lanreath 0

Be very interesting to hear reaction from anybody there.

massive gulf in quality from both sides and credit to lanreath who still tried to play football the full 90 minutes! but it’s not a massive difference in leagues with them being in the st piran league and these 2 clubs have played each other in pre season friendlys every year! could of been 30 there keeper made some great saves.