Cornwall Football Forum

junior cup area final

Hi everybody its that time again predictions for the area final next tuesday at Porthleven 7.30 kick off

Mawnan v portreath....

hopefully it will be a good game with two top sides going very well in their prospective leagues, i think it will be a very tight game going down to the wire and hopefully we will come out on top, i have alot of respect for the mawnan side who have experience in abundance and are the existing holders of this trophy and i have a few friends to playing on their side.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

oh by the way look out for the Buckley triangle, its a bit funny shaped at the moment but the portreath boys know what i mean.

Lets hope the game is well supported by both leagues and we have a big crowd.

Guest Spenny

Good luck to Darren, Baggie and the boys from Portreath and i dont really understand the mining league/falmouth helston league rivalry thing cos i bet most players have played in both anyway.

Think it will be a close game, and no disrespect to Mawnan cos they are a good side but it hink portreath win nick it 2.1.

Lets hope its a decent game, quite a few going to watch it from what I've heard.

Teaser for you all - what do you think the average age of the 22 starters will be - I reckon 32.

Lots of experience out there...our oldest player is Darren Bucks 42 I think...Sorry if you were keeping it a secret Daz.

Not gonna give a prediction as it might bite me in the ass.....