Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup semi-final

Recommended Posts

Guest Rubber Soul

They will take some beating, Nugget. They had to win tonight's game twice - they were 2-0 up after 48 minutes but Bodmin fought back well and earned extra time with a last minute equaliser.

I expected Bodmin to get stronger in extra time but in fact they were blown away by a fitter, tougher and, I would have to say, better footballing team.

There were ugly scenes at the final whistle, sparked by Darren Gilbert and one of the Saltash subs or coaches. Gilbert had to be dragged away. Then Alan Carey appeared on the pitch, getting involved, when he might have been better served to have stayed in the background.

Anyway, I thought he was suspended?? Did the Cornwall FA officials who were at tonight's match see Mr Carey's behaviour? He was also on the pitch at full time, talking to his players. Is that allowed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't Radio Cornwall's Sport Department get anything right ... what a shambles. I've given up listening to the station to be honest ... if they can't do a bit of research to ensure the basic facts are reported upon correctly why should anyone listen ?

:SM_carton::SM_carton: To Madam Vardy !!!!!

Here's a link to the Cornwall FA site to confirm last night's score ....


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bodmin Town...2 Saltash United...5 (aet)

THREE goals in extra-time last night saw the Ashes deservedly seal a place in Easter Monday's Cornwall Senior Cup final where they will face Falmouth or Truro, who meet at Porthleven tonight.

Saltash took an 11th minute lead when Toby Clark's throw-in was flicked on by Glen Palmer for Daley Simpson to fire home from the edge of the area.

Saltash were in the driving seat when Tony Bouch sent Kevin Miller the wrong way from the penalty spot after Nick Campbell had tripped Palmer four minutes after the break.

Bodmin threw themselves a lifeline three minutes later when Huw Morgan shot home and it was the same player who sent the tie into extra-time when he equalised in the 90th minute.

But extra-time belonged to the Ashes and they regained the lead after just three minutes.

A superb Mark Chapman pass was controlled by Gavin Coulton who coolly slid the ball under the diving Miller.

Seven minutes later the tie was as good as won after good work by Danny Lewis found Steve Sargison on the edge of the box - and Sargison's shot took a deflection off Leigh Underhay and looped over the stranded Miller.

In the last minute Palmer's throw-in found substitute Marc Thorne slipping his shot under Miller to complete the scoring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...