Plymouth Argyle 1

Jarred Stevens

Manchester City 4

Daniel Sturridge

Ben Mee

David Ball

Alex Nimely-Tchuiheni

Gate 2,417

Argyle tried hard but didn't get the breaks they needed. Argyle's Goalkeeper Lloyd Saxton was poor as was Barnes, whoever said he was a professional footballer.

Bright sparks for Argyle. Centre Half Ashley Hodgkinson - left back Ryan Brett, striker jarred Stevens and left winger Damien McCrory.

Well done to the young Pilgrims on an excellent effort in this season's F A Youth cup. They battled hard yesterday evening but lacked the real quality on the night to beat a well organised Man City outfit. I think they gave up possession too easily on occassions and I also felt that the two central midfielders didn't get far enough forward to support the Argyle strikers. Congratulations to Mike Pejic and Gordon Bennett for the fine job they are both doing with the Argyle youngsters.

It's always the same when you don't play against a side of this quality each week. Argyle youngsters need to play at a much higher standard each week. As I said there were a few players who could be knocking on the first team door in a year or two. What a terrific gate as well. Unfortunately fans hardly ever get the chance to see the youth team in action as they play many of their games at RM Lympstone Camp.