Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Do women know about this forum


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Word will get around in the end, but I dont see it being over busy.

Agree.  We promote it to our players and several do view the topics but engagement and membership will perhaps take time to grow. 
 

I have also periodically put the forum on socials as I have been prompted to do again today.  It would be good to see all clubs promote the forum on socials and to their players as some supporters/players may not be aware of the forum as suggested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Touring some of the few up to date web sites, it appears that a visit to a game of womens football will at least ensure being treated to a selection of goals.
It appears that games are generally played on a Sunday, and so the option of a weekend of football is a possibility.
The Ladies football we have seen on T.V. suggests that the play acting that adorns the mens game at present which involves rolling over in agony at the slightest touch, is yet to make a regular appearance in the ladies game.
All very encouraging if that's the case, so roll on Sunday, can anyone name the game to watch ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/06/2021 at 09:49, Postman Pat said:

I work with a player and introduced her to this forum yesterday as she knew nothing about it.

Women may already use this forum. Most people use pseudonyms on here, so we don't know their gender (Big Al could be actually be "Big Alison").

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Women may already use this forum. Most people use pseudonyms on here, so we don't know their gender (Big Al could be actually be "Big Alison").

Perhaps that's why he declined to take up our offer many months back, for a friendly chat to try and encourage him to look at things differently 🙂?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some women like a bit of banter - many don't. Probably worried about snide comments too. If the latter, then that's sad and it's to be hoped that the administrators would delete it quickly. 

Come on Ladies - it's your forum too and it would be good to hear from you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, Keith B said:

Some women like a bit of banter - many don't

 

The problem with so called banter and how it's directed at an individual, is the reason it causes so much bad feeling.
Being involved with the professional game taught me that you will never please everyone all of the time, especially the manager whose livelyhood heavilly depended on your ability to carry out his game plan.
If a derogatory comment was made to the press, you were in big trouble and woe betide you if the performance was repeated.
Today seemingly anything goes and the game that once was admired by all has taken a backward step in my opinion, and due to the import of footballing talent, local boys who at one time dreamt of playing for the top teams in football ( and with the right commitment could have done so ) prefer to remain in local football where they can be a big fish in a small pond.
Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton and Nobby Stiles were all capable of dishing out their own interpretation of the game, and all of them came from a family background that did them no special favours regarding their ability on the pitch.
I have doubts how long any of them would be allowed to stay on the pitch if they played in todays games.
Any doubts can be rectified if you catch a game of the era on T.V. " The Big Match Revisited "
End of rant, hope I offended no one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, We Two said:

 

The problem with so called banter and how it's directed at an individual, is the reason it causes so much bad feeling.
Being involved with the professional game taught me that you will never please everyone all of the time, especially the manager whose livelyhood heavilly depended on your ability to carry out his game plan.
If a derogatory comment was made to the press, you were in big trouble and woe betide you if the performance was repeated.
Today seemingly anything goes and the game that once was admired by all has taken a backward step in my opinion, and due to the import of footballing talent, local boys who at one time dreamt of playing for the top teams in football ( and with the right commitment could have done so ) prefer to remain in local football where they can be a big fish in a small pond.
Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton and Nobby Stiles were all capable of dishing out their own interpretation of the game, and all of them came from a family background that did them no special favours regarding their ability on the pitch.
I have doubts how long any of them would be allowed to stay on the pitch if they played in todays games.
Any doubts can be rectified if you catch a game of the era on T.V. " The Big Match Revisited "
End of rant, hope I offended no one.
 

It's part of human nature really. Most people don't like, or won't accept criticism. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm female and on this forum. I love banter, more than most men.  Criticism isn't a problem either.

Unfortunately there's many out there in the "real world" that speak to me in a less than respectful way when it comes to football.  

I have had it on here too but not because I am female.  Sadly these days I feel that people are less respectful in general in the way that they speak to/treat others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

I'm female and on this forum. I love banter, more than most men.  Criticism isn't a problem either.

Unfortunately there's many out there in the "real world" that speak to me in a less than respectful way when it comes to football.  

I have had it on here too but not because I am female.  Sadly these days I feel that people are less respectful in general in the way that they speak to/treat others.

Sad to hear Toroloco13.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

I'm female and on this forum. I love banter, more than most men.  Criticism isn't a problem either.

Unfortunately there's many out there in the "real world" that speak to me in a less than respectful way when it comes to football.  

I have had it on here too but not because I am female.  Sadly these days I feel that people are less respectful in general in the way that they speak to/treat others.

MAN UP, you big girl😜😜😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...