Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Reserves could be in after all!

Watched Truro Reserves play yesterday - A very talented side, well coached and played some neat passing football. Will undoubtedly hold their own in the St Piran league and whilst I’m not a big fan of the jumping leagues scenario they would have looked very out of place in the lower divisions for the ability they have in the squad.

1 hour ago, Pitty said:

Watched Truro Reserves play yesterday - A very talented side, well coached and played some neat passing football. Will undoubtedly hold their own in the St Piran league and whilst I’m not a big fan of the jumping leagues scenario they would have looked very out of place in the lower divisions for the ability they have in the squad.

I don’t think this was ever in question feel it’s more about clubs/teams jumping joining leagues and making a farce of the whole promotion/ relegation structure that was meant to be in place . 

58 minutes ago, 6times said:

I don’t think this was ever in question feel it’s more about clubs/teams jumping joining leagues and making a farce of the whole promotion/ relegation structure that was meant to be in place . 

Regardless of how people feel about them going in to St Pirans league, we all have differing opinions. They impressed yesterday. They played actual football, and given a couple years together they would compete in SWPL. Got to remember they're 16/17/18 years old and will likely be a top 5 team in St Pirans. 

33 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

But they lost 5-0 to Godolphin 

Be mindful of the fact Godolphin are not the side that we’re losing heavily last season anymore. They were one of the best footballing sides we’ve come up against since taking over at the end of last season.

3 hours ago, Pitty said:

Just for interest, how did you get to watch a Behind Closed Doors game?