Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL COVID Cup Final - 2nd Leg

St Newlyn East vs Mount Gould (Gould lead 4:1 after the 1st leg) - Saturday 5th June 2:30pm kick off. Cargoll Rd, St Newlyn East TR8 5LE - Cup presentation after the final whistle. Parking is in the Village Hall carpark.

We would love to see a bumper crowd at Cargoll Rd to see out this COVID-season once and for all! If you've never been to our ground we have put a lot of work into making it a great place to visit and it would be fantastic to have the noise of you guys there all along the touchlines once again! Please be aware that no alcohol is permitted past the entry gate, but we will be opening our brand new refreshment hut for hot and cold drinks on the day. We will be checking everyone in for "Track and Trace" so I'd plan to arrive a couple of minutes earlier to definitely make sure you get in on time for kick off. 

Do please abide by the current COVID guidance - we all want to get out of restrictions in 3 week's time!

Entry is free - but we will be doing a 50/50 draw at the gate for £1, and the drinks will likewise be £1 so keep some change free if you can!

If you need any extra info take a look at our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/stnewlyneastfc  , email our Club Secretary at jongrigg1969@hotmail.co.uk, or message us at 07955 735440.

Thanks for reading this - it would be great to see you there!

JON GRIGG,   ST NEWLYN EAST AFC - CLUB SECRETARY

logo2.jpg

Off to see the 2nd leg final between Newlyn East and Mt GOULD4-1 to Mt Gould from 1st leg think Mt Gould will win today 3-1 but you never know and what sort of team Mt Gould put out be nice to see Adam Carter and Danny Brook playing for them . Im hoping Newlyn East go for it from the start and get a early goal because in the 1st half last week at Bodmin in the 1st half they where poor they need to play the team that ended the match last week Jack Scott on from the start .Just hoping the rain stops here before 2pm when i will set off well i cant get lost in Newlyn East can i ,I got lost trying to find Stickers ground in the past ended up in Fowey 

Just back from watching the final and what a side Mt Gould are they tottaly  outclassed Newlyn East im not even sure what the final score was i think it was 10 -0 , they played some amazing football and would beat most teams in Cornwall .Hard to pick a MOM but for Mt Gould its got to be the whole team they where just so good and they should be in a much higher league the 2 defenders have impressed me the no3  and 4 i think ginger head lad and the blonde hair lad called Scarf i think but they where all good i like the player with the long hair as well as for Newlyn East given it to the goalie dont know why just feel sorry for him . I thought the ref was poor he let of nasty fouls go he should of stamped his foot down early and sent some players off the ref at Bodmin last week was excellent i dont like to critersize refs but this 1 was poor thats my opinion .Good luck to MT Gould your too good for the league you are in and Newlyn East you can move forward now you wont be playing opposition like that again 

On 05/06/2021 at 17:13, 100%cornish said:

Just back from watching the final and what a side Mt Gould are they tottaly  outclassed Newlyn East im not even sure what the final score was i think it was 10 -0 , they played some amazing football and would beat most teams in Cornwall .Hard to pick a MOM but for Mt Gould its got to be the whole team they where just so good and they should be in a much higher league the 2 defenders have impressed me the no3  and 4 i think ginger head lad and the blonde hair lad called Scarf i think but they where all good i like the player with the long hair as well as for Newlyn East given it to the goalie dont know why just feel sorry for him . I thought the ref was poor he let of nasty fouls go he should of stamped his foot down early and sent some players off the ref at Bodmin last week was excellent i dont like to critersize refs but this 1 was poor thats my opinion .Good luck to MT Gould your too good for the league you are in and Newlyn East you can move forward now you wont be playing opposition like that again 

Mt Gould are a top 4 SWPL equivalent team in my view. Looks like they are leaving the ECPL for the Devon Football League or the South Devon League. I shudder at the latter prospect, they'll smash teans every week - not good for anyone involved.