Cornwall Football Forum

Callington Group Chat

Have known Callington T FC and the majority of their committee members for many years and this news surprises me greatly. Astonished/shocked about this news going forward! 

Absoule cringe!! Callington are going to have a long bumpy road ahead I feel. Sunday league, pub football mentality, I hope all the lads that have helped keep Callington a float over the years, who gave blood sweat & tears week in week out, club together, & stop these fools making a mockery of another Cornish Club or all move on in numbers & make a stand. 

I know Wadebridge will be extremely relieved!!! 

4 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

There's nothing there now - have they removed it

Still there! Just goes to show never put anything in writing any more!

On the subject itself, should we be that surprised the players are joining Matt and Shaun? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Still there! Just goes to show never put anything in writing any more!

On the subject itself, should we be that surprised the players are joining Matt and Shaun? I don't think so.

Somebody once told me never to put anything on social media that you wouldn't say to somebody's face. I'm speaking as someone who has previously dug holes for themselves in this area....

Callum would be a good signing for any team, if true. 

The lads from St Blazey / Marjon / Wadebridge and apparently now are at Callington, are good players and they will be a strong competing playing team - just personally not one I will be paying £5 to watch - sorry to those at Callington as I used to enjoy trips there, but by all accounts the new team will bring plenty of support from over the river. 

32 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Callum would be a good signing for any team, if true. 

The lads from St Blazey / Marjon / Wadebridge and apparently now are at Callington, are good players and they will be a strong competing playing team - just personally not one I will be paying £5 to watch - sorry to those at Callington as I used to enjoy trips there, but by all accounts the new team will bring plenty of support from over the river. 

Yes heard he’s off there from a reliable source, finalising next couple days.

6 hours ago, Unknown20 said:

I see Callum Obrien looks set to move Callington , big bucks appaz 

Was it not you a few weeks ago that stated Callum Obrien was going to Saltash Borough completely the opposite

Callum Obrien is totally committed to Saltash United

2 hours ago, tizcornish said:

Was it not you a few weeks ago that stated Callum Obrien was going to Saltash Borough completely the opposite

Callum Obrien is totally committed to Saltash United

The issue is Callum doesn’t like crossing the bridge into Devon. He has given Saltash an ultimatum that he should only have to play home games or he is off to Callington