Cornwall Football Forum

CALLINGTON MANAGEMENT TEAMS RESIGN

** CTLFC Statement **

MANAGEMENT TEAMS HAND IN RESIGNATIONS

Callington Town Football Club today received resignation letters from the management/support team for both the ladies first and second sides. 

Sadly this will mean both women’s teams and the club will no longer have the services of: Adam McPherson, Roger Reynolds, Sonia Finch, Paul Wilson, Kate McPherson, Sam Borthwick and Marie Wilson (in her capacity as Vice Chair of the club).

First Team Manager, Adam McPherson said: “It’s a very sad day and we haven’t taken the decision lightly. Kate and I have dedicated thousands and thousands of hours to the teams and club over the last 20 years (over half our lives!), so it will leave a big hole. I am immensely proud of what we have achieved; starting the original team from scratch with many novice players, to becoming the highest-ranked side in the county, and going onto set-up a successful development team. We’ve got hundreds of happy memories: aiding player development, great friendships & laughs, and epic footballing moments. Now it’s time for me to focus on my young family, and other new adventures.”

Second Team Manager, Roger Reynolds added: "Despite the stop-start nature of the season, and some games that didn't go the way we'd have hoped, myself and Sonia can honestly say that it's been a season of memories and there have been so many things that we have been proud of. Watching the players develop as individuals and seeing the improvement in skill and confidence has made us extremely proud, and the future of football is certainly a bright one." 

The management/support team would like to extend a huge thank you to all the volunteers - past and present - who helped get CTLFC to where it is today. 

-Ends-

13 hours ago, Paul Parfitt said:

** CTLFC Statement **

MANAGEMENT TEAMS HAND IN RESIGNATIONS

Callington Town Football Club today received resignation letters from the management/support team for both the ladies first and second sides. 

Sadly this will mean both women’s teams and the club will no longer have the services of: Adam McPherson, Roger Reynolds, Sonia Finch, Paul Wilson, Kate McPherson, Sam Borthwick and Marie Wilson (in her capacity as Vice Chair of the club).

First Team Manager, Adam McPherson said: “It’s a very sad day and we haven’t taken the decision lightly. Kate and I have dedicated thousands and thousands of hours to the teams and club over the last 20 years (over half our lives!), so it will leave a big hole. I am immensely proud of what we have achieved; starting the original team from scratch with many novice players, to becoming the highest-ranked side in the county, and going onto set-up a successful development team. We’ve got hundreds of happy memories: aiding player development, great friendships & laughs, and epic footballing moments. Now it’s time for me to focus on my young family, and other new adventures.”

Second Team Manager, Roger Reynolds added: "Despite the stop-start nature of the season, and some games that didn't go the way we'd have hoped, myself and Sonia can honestly say that it's been a season of memories and there have been so many things that we have been proud of. Watching the players develop as individuals and seeing the improvement in skill and confidence has made us extremely proud, and the future of football is certainly a bright one." 

The management/support team would like to extend a huge thank you to all the volunteers - past and present - who helped get CTLFC to where it is today. 

-Ends-

What on earth is going on at Callington? How can they let such dedicated people leave? Compared with 12 months ago the whole club is a shambles. What is the real reason all these talented people have resigned ?

34 minutes ago, karaoke said:

What on earth is going on at Callington? How can they let such dedicated people leave? Compared with 12 months ago the whole club is a shambles. What is the real reason all these talented people have resigned ?

Something stinks about all of this for sure.

Seems strange this just when they get a new manager in Matt HAYDEN , maybe they think the same will happen with the players going on a **** up like they did at St Blazey . I wander how many of the players left St BLAZEY and went to MARJONS will now end up at Callington playing for Matt Hayden i saw Blazey severel times and they played really well when i watched them , i bet that is why all those people have left Callington because of the changes 

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

it's best to avoid theories and supposition etc, that's the way rumours start and false news abounds. 

Did hear a whisper that there might be a Liskeard Women's team set up in place of their ECPL side. Not sure when a whisper becomes a rumour though Keith B! 😊

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Did hear a whisper that there might be a Liskeard Women's team set up in place of their ECPL side. Not sure when a whisper becomes a rumour though Keith B! 😊

Hmmm I have been told that whisper! With a lot of Callington first team players, well the whole team!