Cornwall Football Forum

Players in and out.

Can't see a major rebuilding this summer, probably a few tweaks to squad. 3/4 ins and outs.

No surprise to see Levi and Colwell go.Both great players for Parkway in the past, but probably past their best. Matt Wright leaving is unexpected, but he didn"t prove to be the Adam Carter upgrade that was hoped for. Missed all the pre season with injuries, and seemed to struggle with fitness and form after that.

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Can't see a major rebuilding this summer, probably a few tweaks to squad. 3/4 ins and outs.

No surprise to see Levi and Colwell go.Both great players for Parkway in the past, but probably past their best. Matt Wright leaving is unexpected, but he didn"t prove to be the Adam Carter upgrade that was hoped for. Missed all the pre season with injuries, and seemed to struggle with fitness and form after that.

Dan Sullivan at Taunton would be the ideal replacement especially if they are promoted would imagine the budget there to get him. 

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Dan Sullivan at Taunton would be the ideal replacement especially if they are promoted would imagine the budget there to get him. 

Would fit the bill, and is Plymouth based, but he's already committed to Taunton for next season. 

Interesting to see that Jared Lewington has received an "excellent offer from an unnamed club" and has left Tiverton.

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Would fit the bill, and is Plymouth based, but he's already committed to Taunton for next season. 

Interesting to see that Jared Lewington has received an "excellent offer from an unnamed club" and has left Tiverton.

Signed for Taunton Town.  And Jordan Bastin has also left Tiverton (for Weston-super-Mare).

https://tauntontown.com/featured-news/new-striker-for-the-peacocks-2/

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Jordan copp , tom bath and jack crago all signed on by Parkway.  Some great work by Lee to get them in.

Looking forward to seeing the new look team  in pre season.  

Jack Crago and Tom Bath are both great signings. Bath is a proven striker at step 3 level with Dorchester, hopefully he can replace Ryan Richards as the main goal scorer. Would imagine that Crago will take Richard's position on the left side of attack, and is also capable of taking on some of the goal scoring burden.

Didn't see the signing of Jordan Copp coming. Fantastic player with loads of ability, but blew very hot and cold in his last spell at the club in 2019/20. Know that injuries have blighted his career, but seems to move clubs a lot and never settles anywhere. Aaron Bentley coming back is also interesting (in the social media clip that accompanied the signing, he sounded surprised at the move). Fantastic player, and loved by the Bolitho supporters, but another that seems to move around a lot. Has got experience at the higher levels though, and also makes me wonder if either of the current first choice centre backs are moving on. 

Expect there will be one or two more coming in during pre season, still think Parkway could do with a holding or defensive minded midfield player to fill the spot that Christian Pople vacated a few years ago.  There aren't many of those around though.

I agree. It’ seems lee has gone back to proven players he knows from past.  Bentley I thought moved on originally as he wasn’t gettting played I’m not sure if he going to start this season but I guess he been tempted to come back by something. 

The midfield is a hard one. Iike you say not many quality  holding midfielders in the local game 

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

What’s going on at tavi ? Seem to be losing a lot of key players. Normally a club that keeps a loyal base of players. 

Agree, one of the features of Tavi over the last few years has been the stability of their squad. Saw that Tyler Elliott is the latest to make the trip up the M5 to Bitton.

Read on Dane Bunney's blog that Reece Thomson turned down a move from Saltash to Tavi.

17 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I agree. It’ seems lee has gone back to proven players he knows from past.  Bentley I thought moved on originally as he wasn’t gettting played I’m not sure if he going to start this season but I guess he been tempted to come back by something. 

The midfield is a hard one. Iike you say not many quality  holding midfielders in the local game 

Billy Palfrey more than capable of filling that role, but offers even more as a box to box midfielder 

Seen a fair bit of Jack Crago over the years and yes, exciting on his day. Can score goals obviously but can also have very quiet games and can be marked out of a game. Better/stronger defenders probably in the Southern League [in most cases]. Wishing him well on his new venture but it didn't work out at Truro for him and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at Tavvy in the future

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Another player gone from tavi I see. Reece Shanley dropping down to play at Bodmin.  That going be some rebuild for tavi this season. A team I would have had as being up there to challenge for the title. 

Was he more of a fringe player at Tavi? More of a movement player wise than we've seen for a few seasons with Aaron Bentley, Jack Crago and Tyler Elliott going, also heard rumours that Callum Watson is joining the migration to Bitton. If Tavi keep the core group of Josh Oak, Josh Robins, Lewis Daw, Dave Hallet, Warren Daw and Josh Grant together (and also get Dan Evans back from long term injury) then they still have a lot to work with.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Was he more of a fringe player at Tavi? More of a movement player wise than we've seen for a few seasons with Aaron Bentley, Jack Crago and Tyler Elliott going, also heard rumours that Callum Watson is joining the migration to Bitton. If Tavi keep the core group of Josh Oak, Josh Robins, Lewis Daw, Dave Hallet, Warren Daw and Josh Grant together (and also get Dan Evans back from long term injury) then they still have a lot to work with.

Rumours that the money isn’t there and a lot of the players are getting double to go else where. Hard to down. 

I agree they still have a core of good players. Will still need a good 4 or 5 top quality players to sign on to have a chance of promotion I think but where are likely to get them ? Most have signed on already for clubs. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Rumours that the money isn’t there and a lot of the players are getting double to go else where. Hard to down. 

I agree they still have a core of good players. Will still need a good 4 or 5 top quality players to sign on to have a chance of promotion I think but where are likely to get them ? Most have signed on already for clubs. 

If it's true what you say about money, then I guess the attraction of Western League football may not be enough to keep them at Tavi. As well the likes of Bitton and Bridgwater  spending big at that level, you now have Helston, Mousehole and Saltash no doubt looking to improve their squads. One player I specifically thought of was Jordan Annear, based in Truro and a very good fit for Steve Massey's side. Left out Millbrook as I'm pretty sure they don't pay players.