Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Thread, 2021 Edition


Recommended Posts

On 25/06/2021 at 08:05, Lizard King said:

Rumour has it the boy Bray-Evans has been offered big money at Godolphin. Expect to see him announced on their social media in the next few days. 

 

liz 

To nullify rumours and prevent any drama. No ex Godolphin player has been approached to come back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack will never leave Newquay hes had offers to e to bigger clubs but always refused hes 1 of the loyal ones who stays with the, club hes happy at great player .I havnt watched the G yet by the pre season results so far sounds like they have got a pretty good side and could surprise a few teams and not get hammered like they have done in the previous 2 seasons .Looking forward to getting out at Godolphin Way soon but 1st lots of other matches to go to this Saturday i will be at St Agnes to watch them play St Austell hope i dont get lost never been there on that pitch and i havnt got Sat Nav so Smokie will have to give me instructions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen on Facebook this morning that Callington have added to there squad with two new strikers Jack Alexander & Luke Cloak! two very good additions id imagine they will be very competitive next season if they can continue to add to who they have announced so far!

Be interested to see what the clubs are looking like with the friendlies starting this week, will be making the trip to Parkway vs Ivybridge this week.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Whipp has left Bodmin and gone back to his old club Newquay  great player .St Austell have made 2 goos signings in goalie Dan Peters and striker Jacob Jaffa Rowe both from St Dennis it seems now the money has ran out at St Dennis all the  players are leaving i bet the Rickard Boys dont jump ship they are loyal to there club .I hope St Dennis dont struggle they are a lovely club really nice people there really enjoy going there Wil be off to see St Austell play at St Agnes   this weekend all depends who Mousehole play if they play smewhere near me i will be going to watch them play im hoping they play here in Newquay because both teams have no aponents this Saturday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Tom Whipp has left Bodmin and gone back to his old club Newquay  great player .St Austell have made 2 goos signings in goalie Dan Peters and striker Jacob Jaffa Rowe both from St Dennis it seems now the money has ran out at St Dennis all the  players are leaving i bet the Rickard Boys dont jump ship they are loyal to there club .I hope St Dennis dont struggle they are a lovely club really nice people there really enjoy going there Wil be off to see St Austell play at St Dennis  this weekend all depends who Mousehole play if they play smewhere near me i will be going to watch them play im hoping they play here in Newquay because both teams have no aponents this Saturday 

Loyal to the club? They play for a different club each season dont they. But I’m pretty sure st Dennis will be fine alway a good group of loyal locals there. Always a tough place to go play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loyal to the club. Yea my 16 years at one club isnt loyal. I’ve been through the best and the worse with st Dennis. Due to circumstances and personal reasons I had to take a step away. 
People comment, guessing and not knowing the ins and outs. St Dennis is a great club and I wish them all the best. 
i also wish Jaffa and Dan all the best at st austell. Jacob is a proven goal scorer at this level and will carry on proving that. I’m not sure about the money drying up or what’s going on with that side of things and tbh I’m happy now to focus on myself my family and enjoying my Saturdays. I hope everyone’s staying safe. 🙌🏻 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Tom Whipp has left Bodmin and gone back to his old club Newquay  great player .St Austell have made 2 goos signings in goalie Dan Peters and striker Jacob Jaffa Rowe both from St Dennis it seems now the money has ran out at St Dennis all the  players are leaving i bet the Rickard Boys dont jump ship they are loyal to there club .I hope St Dennis dont struggle they are a lovely club really nice people there really enjoy going there Wil be off to see St Austell play at St Dennis  this weekend all depends who Mousehole play if they play smewhere near me i will be going to watch them play im hoping they play here in Newquay because both teams have no aponents this Saturday 

Don't ever ever bet. You'll lose a fortune. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Max Gilbert back at Liskeard (confirmed), Big signing for them, impressive young midfield player. Seems to have bounced around the clubs a bit in the last year, hopefully he will settle at Lux Park.

I’m surprised he’s not gone back to Bodmin! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, shots said:

And if they finish high enough they will have to take promotion!

Would have to win the league (only one promotion place next season). Finishing as champions would be a fitting farewell for Darren Gilbert at Bodmin, believe he has made comments about standing aside at the end of the 2021/22 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Has promotion been made compulsory for the team finishing 1st this season ? 
 

Barring a very convincing appeal on financial grounds, YES. The FA are getting fed up with the pyramid not working as designed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Cant see Tom Moxham going to the G heard he was on good money at Newquay and he was with Saltash and the G doesnt need him they got a good side there anyway and there is no way they will get relegated this is  a far better team than the last few years and big Ben in the G goal will take some beating .So watch Adam Pattersons Blue and White Army have  a good season . Mt Gauld will be a good test this Saturday 3pm kick off so 2 games for you this weekend  up Newquay 1st to watch the Cribbs match at 12 then out Godophin way to watch the G 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Cant see Tom Moxham going to the G heard he was on good money at Newquay and he was with Saltash and the G doesnt need him they got a good side there anyway and there is no way they will get relegated this is  a far better team than the last few years and big Ben in the G goal will take some beating .So watch Adam Pattersons Blue and White Army have  a good season . Mt Gauld will be a good test this Saturday 3pm kick off so 2 games for you this weekend  up Newquay 1st to watch the Cribbs match at 12 then out Godophin way to watch the G 

 

Do you not think Tom moxham would get into the Godolphin team at the moment 100%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another ex St Austell player joins his mates at Blazey Liam Eddy a fit Liam will  be  asset to them  ,but they are signing all these  old timers like Jason ,Ollie and bit younger Neil but they got that young un Martin Giles be down to see them next week against the Plymouth ARGYLE Academy who have got some great players like Angel Wrath or something like that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the quotes on this forum about player signings and the money per game paid to them if they are correct, make a mockery of the financial affairs of clubs who have had to resort to crowdfunding to bring their facilities or equipment up to date.
What's going on, have they found a sugar daddy ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, We Two said:

Some of the quotes on this forum about player signings and the money per game paid to them if they are correct, make a mockery of the financial affairs of clubs who have had to resort to crowdfunding to bring their facilities or equipment up to date.
What's going on, have they found a sugar daddy ????

"If they are correct" are the key words. I would say that the only two people who know what they really get are the manager and the player. Lots of stuff on here is a combination of rumour, exaggeration and jealousy.

Given the terrible state of some of the grounds, pitches and facilities around the scene, I would hope these stories aren't true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

"If they are correct" are the key words. I would say that the only two people who know what they really get are the manager and the player. Lots of stuff on here is a combination of rumour, exaggeration and jealousy.

Given the terrible state of some of the grounds, pitches and facilities around the scene, I would hope these stories aren't true.

Think you have answered whether the stories are true or not WOTP, with your comment about the terrible state of some grounds.
Finances can only be spent once, and if the choice of the clubs is to spend it on players, everything else takes a back seat, including their supporters. ( no pun intended )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Heard rumour from a reputable source at weekend regarding a high profile signing for one of the biggest clubs in the SW Peninsula West, apparently he's unsettled already and being linked to a club higher up the pyramid.

 

Levi not had enough at Bodmin already has he ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Parkway bring in Callum Rose whilst Rob Farkins and Jordan Bentley depart.

Farkins subsequently announces on Twitter that it was not his decision to leave.

Trouble at Bolitho? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, We Two said:

Some of the quotes on this forum about player signings and the money per game paid to them if they are correct, make a mockery of the financial affairs of clubs who have had to resort to crowdfunding to bring their facilities or equipment up to date.
What's going on, have they found a sugar daddy ????

Although some quotes on here are a bit far fetched, there tends to be some truth, just not 100% facts. Players travelling to clubs down West when living in North Devon and further are not going to travel down for £5 and a pint of rattler. Sugar Daddy is usually exactly what has happened, or wealthy sponsors (maybe the same thing?). Always a concern when you hear about the money being spent on players, when the ground is a state. Sign of the times 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Tomm said:

Parkway bring in Callum Rose whilst Rob Farkins and Jordan Bentley depart.

Farkins subsequently announces on Twitter that it was not his decision to leave.

Trouble at Bolitho? 

Don’t think it was very pleasant after the mousehole defeat. Lots of arguments between players  ,very heated   . The defence hasn’t looked great for a while needs more pace maybe the reason farkins was let go  it means Krac will now have to be main voice in thier going forward 

it hasn’t been a great pre season to be honest  for parkway and the new lads are not quite up to scratch and will take time . But I’m still confident parkway will come good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is Jordan Copp still playing for Parkway?

Yes, rejoined from Taunton. Hoping he proves me wrong, but a surprising signing. Fluctuated between very good or anonymous in his last spell at club, and seemed to be a peripheral figure at Taunton. A player who, by his own admission, doesn't like football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Don’t think it was very pleasant after the mousehole defeat. Lots of arguments between players  ,very heated   . The defence hasn’t looked great for a while needs more pace maybe the reason farkins was let go  it means Krac will now have to be main voice in thier going forward 

it hasn’t been a great pre season to be honest  for parkway and the new lads are not quite up to scratch and will take time . But I’m still confident parkway will come good. 

Pretty sure that Shane Krac is suspended for the first 3 matches of the season following his 9 minute, red card ended cameo in the FA Vase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Pretty sure that Shane Krac is suspended for the first 3 matches of the season following his 9 minute, red card ended cameo in the FA Vase.

Is he ? Even stranger then that they have played him in every pre season game without looking at alternatives options when he missing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/07/2021 at 17:49, We Two said:

Think you have answered whether the stories are true or not WOTP, with your comment about the terrible state of some grounds.
Finances can only be spent once, and if the choice of the clubs is to spend it on players, everything else takes a back seat, including their supporters. ( no pun intended )

No-one predicting Buckland Athletic as title challengers in the WL, but look how far it has come from its original origins.  Is there a better ground / facilities at Step 5 in Cornwall or Devon? A fine legacy for all to enjoy.

Prefer those who try to build  up an entire club, including reserve, womens & junior teams to a lash the cash on the first team mentality. Each to their own, of course!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

No-one predicting Buckland Athletic as title challengers in the WL, but look how far it has come from its original origins.  Is there a better ground / facilities at Step 5 in Cornwall or Devon? A fine legacy for all to enjoy.

Prefer those who try to build  up an entire club, including reserve, womens & junior teams to a lash the cash on the first team mentality. Each to their own, of course!

One of the best grounds and best run clubs in the South West. If it wasn't for the horrendous fixture pile up in 2017/18 when they were forced to play four games in four days at the end if the season, then they would have undoubtedly been promoted to step 4. Feels like the club hasn't really recovered from that disappointment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IIRC they had something like 15 ganes in 25 days, inckuding a spell of 4 in 4 a short break, then 3 in 3. In this spell was the Les Phillips Cup Final (won) but that went into extra time. Where was  he player welfare here? That was a fine team. Never a big money club, but always will be my favourite Devon club. Enjoyed my days as a regular there. Kind words about BAFC appreciated. Up the Bucks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Newquay sign Joe Cooper great signing making them even stronger they just need a 20 goal a season striker dont think they have that at the moment also Rob Farkins ex Parkway player has joined Buckfast Athetic think Parkway will regret getting rid of him

not good news for Penzance ahead of their opener tonight against St Austell. Defence was shaky enough over the course of pre season, against St Piran sides such as Mullion & Hayle, along with Mawnan. Took a heavy defeat against Torpoint at the weekend also.

 

Cooper well past his best, his 3rd club this season and we havent even started yet! A good addition for Newquay none the less, links up with former Town man Tom Whipp.

 

JBE will get 20 i'd have thought?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Newquay sign Joe Cooper great signing making them even stronger they just need a 20 goal a season striker dont think they have that at the moment also Rob Farkins ex Parkway player has joined Buckfast Athetic think Parkway will regret getting rid of him

I think you mean Buckland Athetic. Farkins is decent, Cooper average at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...