Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Thread, 2021 Edition

31 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

So, “Excuse not to watch Falmouth Town number one hundred and whatever” is that you now don’t want to walk past a garden shed? 
Really? 
I’m currently laughing out loud and my wife’s wondering why! 

Probably because you are laughing too load about nothing, childish!

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Its brand new and perfectly acceptable. 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Its brand new and perfectly acceptable. 

But surely with all the money being spent there, a much improved admission area could have been built.

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why spend money on improving what is perfectly adequate?

In that case why all the money spent on cladding and painting the clubhouse when it was adequate?

Fair comment! Although I don't see why the entrance to a football ground has to be so special. Its not as if its falling down or anything is it. I'm struggling to think of many grounds in Cornwall that the entrance is a thing of beauty!

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Fair comment! Although I don't see why the entrance to a football ground has to be so special. Its not as if its falling down or anything is it. I'm struggling to think of many grounds in Cornwall that the entrance is a thing of beauty!

They have demolished a purpose built two way entry point which was gifted to them by Mr Benson of The St Michaels hotel many years ago.

Obviously very little respect concerning that donation!

33 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

They have demolished a purpose built two way entry point which was gifted to them by Mr Benson of The St Michaels hotel many years ago.

Obviously very little respect concerning 

Think you need a visit to your opticians Alan as you've obviously not seen the building work that is going on ,thus no longer any access to the old entrance and paybox , that was no longer fit for purpose .Or are you up to your old tricks again and being pedantic ? 🤔

PS Hope you've donated generously to the Forum crowdfunder .👍

34 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Think you need a visit to your opticians Alan as you've obviously not seen the building work that is going on ,thus no longer any access to the old entrance and paybox , that was no longer fit for purpose .Or are you up to your old tricks again and being pedantic ? 🤔

PS Hope you've donated generously to the Forum crowdfunder .👍

I pass the ground everyday and am more than aware what has been going on and witnessed the demolishment. What shambles is being buil there now?

Never mind me, have you donated ?

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

I pass the ground everyday and am more than aware what has been going on and witnessed the demolishment. What shambles is being buil there now?

Never mind me, have you donated ?

Indeed I have ! Have you ?

2 hours ago, Outsider said:

What is this to do with transfers?

A good point, the regular step aside from the original thread continues at pace, but if you want to discuss forum donations, go to The Cornish Football Main Discussion Forum where the appeal for donations continues.

42 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

While everybody has been focussing on what is happening at St Blazey, Bodmin Town have made a group of signings that seem to have gone unnoticed. What's people's thoughts on who Darren Gilbert has brought in?

Seems to be blending in a lot of youth from local football and giving them a chance   with a group of experienced  players and going in a different direction to normal signings Bodmin make.  That a good thing in my opinion 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Really good signings Bodmin have made Reece Shanley very good player but Teddy Sullivan from  Mt Gould is the pick of them in my opinion was really good vs Newlyn East i have Bodmin to go up this year behind Blazey 

Mr Gilbert always puts out a decent team, will be interesting to see how many of them actually start the season and stay - but some good young lads there who need a bit of stability and the guidance Darren can give. Good luck to them (except when playing the Camels, obviously)

Got talking from a man from St Austell who was down here fishing and he also watches local football he said Phil at St Blazey is hoping to make 2 more signings and they are both ex St Austell players in Tom Chambers and Mark Goldsworthy ,think we will have to see cant see Goldy leaving Mousehole 

Its a pity the Newlyn East VsHelston match on the 5th July has now been cancelled due to Boris decision to delay lifting restrictions that would of been a nice little earner for Newlyn East . Got some of my pre season matches sorted out St Blazey vs Mousehole 6th July , Wadebridge vs Helston ,26th July Bodmin vs Plymouth Parkway 30th Newquay vs Nuneaton 31st July also got lots of Newquay matches and G matches to go to and maybe a couple more Blazey matches cant wait but i can see everything being cancelled again Mr Covid is showing its ugly head once again . Hope to see some of you at certain grounds