Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Thread, 2021 Edition

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Fair comment! Although I don't see why the entrance to a football ground has to be so special. Its not as if its falling down or anything is it. I'm struggling to think of many grounds in Cornwall that the entrance is a thing of beauty!

They have demolished a purpose built two way entry point which was gifted to them by Mr Benson of The St Michaels hotel many years ago.

Obviously very little respect concerning that donation!

33 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

They have demolished a purpose built two way entry point which was gifted to them by Mr Benson of The St Michaels hotel many years ago.

Obviously very little respect concerning 

Think you need a visit to your opticians Alan as you've obviously not seen the building work that is going on ,thus no longer any access to the old entrance and paybox , that was no longer fit for purpose .Or are you up to your old tricks again and being pedantic ? 🤔

PS Hope you've donated generously to the Forum crowdfunder .👍

34 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Think you need a visit to your opticians Alan as you've obviously not seen the building work that is going on ,thus no longer any access to the old entrance and paybox , that was no longer fit for purpose .Or are you up to your old tricks again and being pedantic ? 🤔

PS Hope you've donated generously to the Forum crowdfunder .👍

I pass the ground everyday and am more than aware what has been going on and witnessed the demolishment. What shambles is being buil there now?

Never mind me, have you donated ?

15 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I pass the ground everyday and am more than aware what has been going on and witnessed the demolishment. What shambles is being buil there now?

Never mind me, have you donated ?

You've had your 5 minutes now Al, go back into hibernation. 

2 hours ago, Outsider said:

What is this to do with transfers?

A good point, the regular step aside from the original thread continues at pace, but if you want to discuss forum donations, go to The Cornish Football Main Discussion Forum where the appeal for donations continues.

42 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

While everybody has been focussing on what is happening at St Blazey, Bodmin Town have made a group of signings that seem to have gone unnoticed. What's people's thoughts on who Darren Gilbert has brought in?

Seems to be blending in a lot of youth from local football and giving them a chance   with a group of experienced  players and going in a different direction to normal signings Bodmin make.  That a good thing in my opinion 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Really good signings Bodmin have made Reece Shanley very good player but Teddy Sullivan from  Mt Gould is the pick of them in my opinion was really good vs Newlyn East i have Bodmin to go up this year behind Blazey 

Mr Gilbert always puts out a decent team, will be interesting to see how many of them actually start the season and stay - but some good young lads there who need a bit of stability and the guidance Darren can give. Good luck to them (except when playing the Camels, obviously)

Got talking from a man from St Austell who was down here fishing and he also watches local football he said Phil at St Blazey is hoping to make 2 more signings and they are both ex St Austell players in Tom Chambers and Mark Goldsworthy ,think we will have to see cant see Goldy leaving Mousehole 

Its a pity the Newlyn East VsHelston match on the 5th July has now been cancelled due to Boris decision to delay lifting restrictions that would of been a nice little earner for Newlyn East . Got some of my pre season matches sorted out St Blazey vs Mousehole 6th July , Wadebridge vs Helston ,26th July Bodmin vs Plymouth Parkway 30th Newquay vs Nuneaton 31st July also got lots of Newquay matches and G matches to go to and maybe a couple more Blazey matches cant wait but i can see everything being cancelled again Mr Covid is showing its ugly head once again . Hope to see some of you at certain grounds 

With the new season upon us. Really excited at the prospect of some live football again.

A number of talking points this pre-season,

• Will Launceston improve under Dan and Todd, doesn't seem like they've improved a poor squad from last year?
  • Will Bodmin be able to compete with a number of younger players coming in with far less experience of this level?
  • Will Blazey be the surprise package? or will age play a factor performance levels and commitment?
  • Camelford to quietly go about their business to challenge again?
  • Callington on a rebuild after a shocking past 4-5 season at the bottom end of the table?
  • Liskard to be a big player this year? Number of high profile signings for huge signing on fees? - Will they still be there when the season starts

What do you all think?

19 hours ago, Greygen said:

With the new season upon us. Really excited at the prospect of some live football again.

• Will Launceston improve under Dan and Todd, doesn't seem like they've improved a poor squad from last year?
  • Will Bodmin be able to compete with a number of younger players coming in with far less experience of this level?
  • Will Blazey be the surprise package? or will age play a factor performance levels and commitment?
  • Callington on a rebuild after a shocking past 4-5 season at the bottom end of the table?
  • Liskard to be a big player this year? Number of high profile signings for huge signing on fees? - Will they still be there when the season starts

What do you all think?

Point by point;

Hope so . Like Dan Hart as a player, and the game needs bright, young and enthusiastic managers, but fear that they will struggle.

Bit pessimistic about Bodmin's chances. Don't know if Darren Gilbert (who, by his own admission, is winding down his managerial career at Priory Park), will have the patience to stick with this group of players. or revert back to the old faces if things don't start well. Has been been a bit of revolving door player wise over the last few years.

Blazey won't be the surprise package (everybody is talking about them). They will go close, but (as you say) are this group of players now past their best?

The unknown from Camelford is how many players they will lose to university football, but expect them to be top 4.

Callington (effectively last year's Blazey) will be top 4. Just as last season though, can see on field disciplinary issues hurting them.

Liskeard is an interesting one. Don't know who has come in, but The Blues have been built on managerial stability over the past few seasons, and a tight group of local players. Richard Woods standing aside as joint manager, and the loss of Woods and Cleveland to Saltash is the biggest upheaval for a while.

5 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Point by point;

Hope so . Like Dan Hart as a player, and the game needs bright, young and enthusiastic managers, but fear that they will struggle.

Bit pessimistic about Bodmin's chances. Don't know if Darren Gilbert (who, by his own admission, is winding down his managerial career at Priory Park), will have the patience to stick with this group of players. or revert back to the old faces if things don't start well. Has been been a bit of revolving door player wise over the last few years.

Blazey won't be the surprise package (everybody is talking about them). They will go close, but (as you say) are this group of players now past their best?

The unknown from Camelford is how many players they will lose to university football, but expect them to be top 4.

Callington (effectively last year's Blazey) will be top 4. Just as last season though, can see on field disciplinary issues hurting them.

Liskeard is an interesting one. players. Don't know who has come in, but The Blues have been built on managerial stability over the past few seasons, and a tight group of local players. Richard Woods standing aside as joint manager, and the loss of Woods and Cleveland to Saltash is the biggest upheaval for a while.

Can't disagree with any of that. Feel like you have fit the nail on the the head, I am very much looking forward to the season and to see what unfolds. 

5 hours ago, Greygen said:

As mentioned an a number of threads £50-£60 a game with the additional signing on fee + boots...I

no rumour in liskeard paying players £50 a game for the coming season, but the players signed for that not one of them is worth it one bit, struggling to find the quality to replace the key players lost in woods, cleveland, collins & johnson

On 22/06/2021 at 09:37, Way Of The Park said:

Point by point;

Liskeard is an interesting one. Don't know who has come in, but The Blues have been built on managerial stability over the past few seasons, and a tight group of local players. Richard Woods standing aside as joint manager, and the loss of Woods and Cleveland to Saltash is the biggest upheaval for a while.

WofTP - can’t disagree with your assessment. I think it would be daft to think Falmouth / St Blazey and Bodmin will not feature heavily next season. 
One thing - Camels will be fine - lost Matty (quality player and good luck to him) to Tavi but got Ed back from Uni as a Step 5 player - plus some good young signings and some back from injury / being away in Forces with no losses to Uni, so will still give the top teams a game. 
IMO if you want to watch ‘proper football’ come and watch Camels / St Austell / Penryn / Liskeard / Wadebridge - dare I say Falmouth - teams that have built over the last few years, rather than good clubs who have bought teams for next season. 

On 21/06/2021 at 14:18, Greygen said:

What do you all think?

Don’t know who has given you your “information” but you need to get a new “source” because someone is leading you up the garden path. 
Not one player at Liskeard receives a signing on fee/gift/bonus or anything of the kind .. never have and never will 

2 hours ago, Buggzy said:

no rumour in liskeard paying players £50 a game for the coming season, but the players signed for that not one of them is worth it one bit, struggling to find the quality to replace the key players lost in woods, cleveland, collins & johnson

8 hours ago, Greygen said:

As mentioned an a number of threads £50-£60 a game with the additional signing on fee + boots...I

Where on earth do you get this bullshit from? 😂😂 

If you all have this much time on your hands to go around chatting shit about players and clubs, why don’t you use some of that time to help out at one of your local clubs that work tirelessly and voluntarily. Clubs could really do with the extra help .. especially in the current climate!! 

12 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

Don’t know who has given you your “information” but you need to get a new “source” because someone is leading you up the garden path. 
Not one player at Liskeard receives a signing on fee/gift/bonus or anything of the kind .. never have and never will 

Where on earth do you get this bullshit from? 😂😂 

If you all have this much time on your hands to go around chatting shit about players and clubs, why don’t you use some of that time to help out at one of your local clubs that work tirelessly and voluntarily. Clubs could really do with the extra help .. especially in the current climate!! 

Maybe that is the case, but as mentioned above multiple times. - This was information that I have heard and isn't bible, maybe you shouldn't worry about a forum to much, much more important things In life...than getting rather flustered over a rumored signing on fee.

Best of luck for the season, as for helping out..my years of helping at the local football club is far gone. far to old now unfortunately 

38 minutes ago, Greygen said:

Maybe that is the case, but as mentioned above multiple times. - This was information that I have heard and isn't bible, maybe you shouldn't worry about a forum to much, much more important things In life...than getting rather flustered over a rumored signing on fee.

Best of luck for the season, as for helping out..my years of helping at the local football club is far gone. far to old now unfortunately 

You would think that somebody who has volunteered at a football club would know better than to spread rumours that clearly are untrue, us volunteers are still working hard to keep our clubs running in very difficult times.

6 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

You would think that somebody who has volunteered at a football club would know better than to spread rumours that clearly are untrue, us volunteers are still working hard to keep our clubs running in very difficult times.

Look at Way Of The Parks original post.This thread is a bit of fun.

Jack will never leave Newquay hes had offers to e to bigger clubs but always refused hes 1 of the loyal ones who stays with the, club hes happy at great player .I havnt watched the G yet by the pre season results so far sounds like they have got a pretty good side and could surprise a few teams and not get hammered like they have done in the previous 2 seasons .Looking forward to getting out at Godolphin Way soon but 1st lots of other matches to go to this Saturday i will be at St Agnes to watch them play St Austell hope i dont get lost never been there on that pitch and i havnt got Sat Nav so Smokie will have to give me instructions 

I have seen on Facebook this morning that Callington have added to there squad with two new strikers Jack Alexander & Luke Cloak! two very good additions id imagine they will be very competitive next season if they can continue to add to who they have announced so far!

Be interested to see what the clubs are looking like with the friendlies starting this week, will be making the trip to Parkway vs Ivybridge this week.