Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Thread, 2021 Edition

Let's get all the transfer rumours (the more ridiculous and based on minimal facts, the better) in one place. Given a reorganisation of clubs and the leagues they will play in next season that is unprecedented, it could be a very busy summer.

What players will the upwardly mobile clubs be looking to bring in? Which players won't fancy the extra travelling? Which players will follow managers in to different clubs? Which clubs will/won't have big budgets to blow? Who will win the annual award for most clubs trained with/appeared in friendlies for. Lots of questions, let's have answers (or wild guesses). 

Phi£ La££erty spending huge amounts of cash at St. Blazey. I can see them being the favourites this season with the reported sums of money, hearing Goldie is next in line, with an offer to good to refuse. Then it's the search for a keeper, & didn't have to look to many miles away... 😂

Good luck to Blazey, they acted with integrity through the whole episode here not so long back & supporters 9/clubman deserve a bit of success after many years in the doldrums. 

Good luck. 

50 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

I might be wrong, but I thought Barry Wyatt had signed for St Blazey. 🤔

It was suggested originally i think that it was more of a ‘cover’ signing and so not sure if actually Illogan would still be his first choice team

Steve Colwell back at Bodmin Cant see Barrie Wyatt going to St Blazey hes getting on now and pretty ecentric when i  have seen him play good goalie though but not good enough for Blazey  ,i think Jason Peters will end up there heard G goalie Dale England was talked about as well but he wont be going there . Both Blazey goalies gone 1 to Marjons other to Wadebridge 

On 11/02/2021 at 23:17, cornishteddyboy said:

Thanks but leagues not cups

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Phi£ La££erty spending huge amounts of cash at St. Blazey. I can see them being the favourites this season with the reported sums of money, hearing Goldie is next in line, with an offer to good to refuse. Then it's the search for a keeper, & didn't have to look to many miles away... 😂

Good luck to Blazey, they acted with integrity through the whole episode here not so long back & supporters 9/clubman deserve a bit of success after many years in the doldrums. 

Good luck. 

Does Phil consult you Leeds, on players he may want?  Are you paying the St Blazey players, as you seem to know what is going on there?

You are way off the mark with your made up rumours.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

One of the more interesting transfer stories. Must be making it wort their while to travel up the M5 every week. Handy though for the trips down to Mousehole, Helston, Saltash and Torpoint.

Assuming of course that Bitton don't get laterally moved! 😉The FA move in mysterious ways. 🙄

18 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

One of the more interesting transfer stories. Must be making it wort their while to travel up the M5 every week. Handy though for the trips down to Mousehole, Helston, Saltash and Torpoint.

Torpoint? 

The merry go round will commence shortly.

St Blazey & Bodmin will be the biggest winners here, they’ll pick up the better players who won’t want to travel miles every week (Goldsworthy, Tinsley have already agreed at Blazey according to sources).

Saltash looking like losing a few, again due to travel and work commitments which is why they have been cherry picking the best young players from rival clubs.

Torpoint looking to recruit wisely and are grabbing a host of players leaving Saltash & Ivybridge who themselves aren’t happy with the Management Set up.

Callingtons appointment hasn’t set the world on fire with a Manager whose now had 4 different clubs in just over 4 months but apparently have signed 4/5 from Marjons and a few from Wadebridge.

Be interesting to see what Dobwalls do this year, never an easy place to go with their style of play and always seem to make shrewd signings.

Looking forward to watching some pre-season friendlies come June/July and getting my local football fix back.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, play for the badge said:

saltash parkwy or bitton and more leaving tavistock i guess 

Bitton certainly seem to be very active in recruiting players from Plymouth area. Adam Carter and Sam Hillson confirmed, heard credible rumours about others from Tavi and Parkway.

I’ve heard that 4 or 5 players, they’ll fit in 1 car, will be transferred to Bitton from Plymouth area, including those you mentioned.

Apparently plenty of money @ Bitton & Bridgwater this coming season. Maybe Bristol clubs will pay anything not to travel to Cornwall 🤔

15 minutes ago, shots said:

I’ve heard that 4 or 5 players, they’ll fit in 1 car, will be transferred to Bitton from Plymouth area, including those you mentioned.

Apparently plenty of money @ Bitton & Bridgwater this coming season. Maybe Bristol clubs will pay anything not to travel to Cornwall 🤔

I would pay anything not to go there. 😀 (Joke, I'm Cornish and have family and good friends who live in the county).

Incidentally, Bitton is near Bath and Bridgwater is in Somerset, but I get your point.

2 hours ago, play for the badge said:

all change at callington they think a whole new squad maybe the st blazey lot that left a while back

Was just about to ask the same question having just seen the ‘alleged’ Callington group chat,  from the new manager - surely that can’t be right?

image.thumb.jpeg.7afb3f1d99ff01bca315d623bb6a65f4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Was just about to ask the same question having just seen the ‘alleged’ Callington group chat,  from the new manager - surely that can’t be right?

image.thumb.jpeg.7afb3f1d99ff01bca315d623bb6a65f4.jpeg

So basically the old St Blazey is the new Callington and the old St Austell is the new St Blazey.

50 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Surprised Richards has left he was literally the main goal scorer. That 3 big strikers parkway have lost in 1 go. Very odd 

Lot of rumours swirling around about who's coming in. Ryan is a big loss (one supporter told me at the end of the season that he is "a must keep"), in his several spells at the club he has always scored goals, been willing to play out of position if asked and worked really hard closing down and filling gaps. Taking all this into account,  surprised he's never been loved at Bolitho in the same way as Levi Landricombe, Rocky Neal and Glyn Hobbs. Would imagine that having two young children , and being unable to commit to the extra Southern League travelling, has been a big factor in his decision.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Lot of rumours swirling around about who's coming in. Ryan is a big loss (one supporter told me at the end of the season that he is "a must keep"), in his several spells at the club he has always scored goals, been willing to play out of position if asked and worked really hard closing down and filling gaps. Taking all this into account,  surprised he's never been loved at Bolitho in the same way as Levi Landricombe, Rocky Neal and Glyn Hobbs. Would imagine that having two young children , and being unable to commit to the extra Southern League travelling, has been a big factor in his decision.

I see he is still going to to sign on and help out parkway when he can. So I assume he drop back into the local league if travel is an issue. Would imagine he end up at  callington Bodmin or blazey. Real waste tho if he does. 

Unless parkway can talk Dan Sullivan or rocky to sign I don’t know where a striker is going to replace the goals 

would Levi landricome have been so eager to leave if he known the 2 main strikers were going. ? 

Must be a massive amount of budget freed up at the club now  

I imagine Jack crago  from Tavistock must be 1 coming in.  Going be interesting few weeks.