Cornwall Football Forum

West Cornwall Sunday League 24/2

Crowntown 1 Truro GWRSA 9

Yes 9

In spite of this, Crowntown actually did well against a strong side.

Crowntown scored first through Jon Perrin (I told 'me not to make them angry!)

Crowntown defended well but eventually GWRSA scored - two from loose balls pinging about our penalty area

Then Truro's Richie Ward scored a good goal. Turned brilliantly to make Billy look a bit like an old git.

Then an horrific Keeper error made it 4-1 at half time.

Second half, Crowntown weathered the storm and had a few chances. At 75 minute it was still 4-1.

Then legs and minds tired and GWRSA slotted in 5 to win.

Really enjoyable game in spite of the score. Well reffed by Justin Moses, who also, clearly, enjoyed his Sunday Morning.

Richie Ward scored 4 lucky goals. ( I do love playing against him!) and Ben Phillips scored 3. Other scorers Ian Jenks and Guy Johnson with a 30 yard screamer

Many thanks Bill and i have to say it was a great game played in the right spirit, Many thanks to the Crowntown boys for a very enjoyable (From our point of view at least) game and also the stunning pasta dish that was on offer at the pub after the game. :clapper:

Just a quick mention for Justin Moses who had a great game. :clapper:

Bill, im sure Richie will just love the comments mate :D

I hear that Threemilestone won 6 - 0 today which almost gives them the league for this year, Well done lads and with Richie Price at the helm i have to say it could not go to a nicer bloke. :clapper:

don't know how it squeezed through but in my defence though thats my first game in goal for about 18 months and i'm a bit rusty :P . but despite that i still enjoyed the game.

and on another note, the referee, Justin Moses, if anyone could post a photo of him, looks like a slightly older version of Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters.

foo1.bmp

don't know how it squeezed through but in my defence though thats my first game in goal for about 18 months and i'm a bit rusty :P . but despite that i still enjoyed the game.

and on another note, the referee, Justin Moses, if anyone could post a photo of him, looks like a slightly older version of Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters.

foo1.bmp

Macca, sorry. That was a bit harsh. You had an excellent game overall. No complaints at all. The other goals were unstoppable and, even tough you were a bit rusty, you say, you did really well.

fair wont ask for details

nope was terrible

i should have scored 6 but had possibly the worst game since playing mens football and they had about 2 shots the hole game dint think the ref was very good at all

cant wait till the albion cup game now got a feeling we gonna give em a hammering at are place :yahoo:

foo1.bmp

Macca, sorry. That was a bit harsh. You had an excellent game overall. No complaints at all. The other goals were unstoppable and, even tough you were a bit rusty, you say, you did really well.

cheers bill. not harsh at all. it shouldn't have squeezed through the way it did. maybe its the age thing :lol: a few years younger and i could have got down a bit lower and quicker :lol: