Cornwall Football Forum

It has come to our attention that the winners of the west groups will have an AWAY Quarter final...? 

So the incentive for the west teams would be to finish second so that they can play at home? 

Can we confirm that this is somehow the rule?! Seems a baffling one 🥴

Very strange decision, and im glad to see im not the only one that feels this way.

If you finish as group winners, surely you must earn home advantage for the Quarter Finals. In what world does it benifit you more to finish 2nd over finishing 1st???

Otherwise, what is the point in trying to win your group?? Im thinking about setting up penryn with no keeper on Saturday, 0-0-11 formation, and hope for a heavy defeat, therefore finishing in 2nd place 😂😂😂come on!!!!!!!!!!! 

I mean no disrespect at all towards any of the organisers of this tournament, its amazing to have competative football back at all, but this isnt fair, and its not right! Must be changed in my opinion!!!!!!!!

It's a very weird 1 I must say. If you look at every sport in the world that has a league & then 1 round knockouts, it's always the group winners with home advantage. I can only assume that as this is a 1 off, the powers that be just didn't consider this & doesn't appreciate the "home field" advantage. I'm sure that if the club's had read the small print earlier then they would have gone out of their way to finish runners up, as that is clearly an advantage over group winners.

2 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

Very strange decision, and im glad to see im not the only one that feels this way.

If you finish as group winners, surely you must earn home advantage for the Quarter Finals. In what world does it benifit you more to finish 2nd over finishing 1st???

Otherwise, what is the point in trying to win your group?? Im thinking about setting up penryn with no keeper on Saturday, 0-0-11 formation, and hope for a heavy defeat, therefore finishing in 2nd place 😂😂😂come on!!!!!!!!!!! 

I mean no disrespect at all towards any of the organisers of this tournament, its amazing to have competative football back at all, but this isnt fair, and its not right! Must be changed in my opinion!!!!!!!!

This is why we deliberately lost 5-1 to you this weekend...