Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS' NEW VENTURE

Guest Piran

Guest Piran

I filmed a football match for the first time this calendar year and what a treat it was; a FA Vase quarter final match. I wanted to pilot a new style of football video - the awayday / match day experience. Steve Massey was up for this is presenter, alternative commentator and interviewer. The final video is longer than usual and works best on a smart tv or larger device than a mobile phone. I'd really appreciate some constructive feedback.

https://youtu.be/cFrM8_pxYnY

Excellent stuff as usual Mark 👍👏🏼  Always good to tap into Mass football brain, watching it like a manager and not a supporter, picked out a few quality players to watch early doors. Really enjoyable half hours watch, the build up, Mass chips looked nice to be fair!! 👌 Meeting a few people, the match, and after the game, look forward to the next one!! 👏🏼👍

I used to be a big fan of Mr Massey for all the work he did supporting Cornwall U18’s on their great run a few years back, however really turned off to him when I felt his ego got the better of him on some of the Helston films as I found him disrespectful to other teams, so nearly didn’t watch this - glad I did though. His enthusiasm for the game is fantastic and he made an excellent front man for Piran Films. Not the greatest game I have seen but that was secondary to seeing the excitement and joy of him watching live football again. I would definitely watch more of the same format - thanks for promoting football at this level, Mark and Steve.