Cornwall Football Forum

Awaiting Match Reports Again

Guest Rubber Soul

Bodmin 3 Dartmouth 2

Bodmin not at their best but just about worthy of all three points.

Dartmouth were ahead early on with an excellent goal but Danny O'Hagan equalised with a simple close range header, and an own goal just before the break gave Bodmin a fortunate half time advantage.

Dartmouth players stopped as they saw a linesman put his flag up, and their centre half headed the ball over his own keeper, but the goal was given after the referee consulted his assistant, and found that he has flagged for a foul on Bodmin's Steve Ovens in the lead-up to the goal, which the ref had played a good advantage to.

Dartmouth, clearly angered by that incident, were sent out early for the second half and within 20 seconds of the restart they were level with an excellent, if simple, goal from a move along the left.

But Bodmin looked the stronger side as the game wore on and an Ovens back-header from Darren Gilbert's flick-on was too powerful for the keeper, who was beaten at his near post.

Bodmin, somewhat below par, still look a good bet for the title. Their major worry could be their fixture congestion, with them still involved in three domestic cup competitions.

Dartmouth play some good football, especially on the break, but they are finding their trips into Cornwall more difficult than their early season games nearer home. They were held 2-2 at St Blazey, lost 4-0 at Liskeard last week, and now this defeat.

But few, if any, dugouts have made more noise than the home bench at Priory Park this season!!

Guest SLIC VIC

distantshores, I think there may be a statalite problem in this area or the results and match reports are being delayed. I can tell you that the Plymouth Parkway male voice choir were at it again, tut tut :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didnt go yesterday. I was watching Argyle v Burnley. Fantastic win and ive got my ticket for WBA away next saturday. Its good to see Argyle seeing off some so called big clubs. Long may that continue. As for St Blazey, from what Ive been told, there was little for the fans to enjoy. Mike Body had the best chance when put through on goal. I dont there was a great crowd but there was a good following from St Blazey. Did you enjoy the banter Spider? St Blazey, Launceston and Liskeard will battle it out for 7th place.

Guest Postie Pidge

I was too busy flapping at high balls in an enthralling 7-4 win at Illogan Park. Mike Odgers couldn't make it either but check the Falmouth website for the obituary.

Oh dear so sad no trumpets from Truro no bugles fom Blazey and no one firing from Falmouth.

Read on the road on Falmouth web. It would appear to have been an uneventful trip to Bolitho Park

until the second car load of supporters lost their way and missed the first goal.No match comments or teams

must have turned round and gone back home again and did not hear the Parkway sing.

For a report go to www.plymouthparkway.com :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

The match report was emailed at 12.50am - when the webmaster was asleep. Obviously has better things to do then give Parkway a chance to gloat even more. When he has time the report and teams will be up.

Can't see any match report on the Parkway website, the league table is out of date, and there are no names to any of the players on their profiles. What is the point of having a website unless it is up to date!!!.

The match report of the game was on the Falmouth Town website before 9 am this morning. Not saying our website is the best, but at least we try to keep up to date. :c:

Apologies! I see a synopsis of the game is under NEWS-LIDDS ONLINE. Thought that the logical place for the match report would have been SWPL -MATCH REPORTS, or is that me being a dumb Cornish Bumpkin? :wacko:

:unsure: To be fair quiet man you have a point. The website is out of date and the fact has been noted by the club, so I believe. As you probably know all clubs are run by dedicated volunteers and easy to critisize, the club are endeavering to get the site up and running again properly. The 'Lidds on Line' is operated by another dedicated voluteer who takes pictures of all games, fantastic pictures of home and away games and his personal comments.

Guest SLIC VIC

:SM_carton: What ever next?. First singing out of tune now web site out of date "I know" dirty boots,hair too long,not had a shave, not letting other teams beat us, etc! etc!etc!etc!....give it a rest. :thumbsup:

As this is a public forum, it is not a necessity to post any sort of information or match reports on here, first priority must be given to the clubs own web sites to keep them in order and up to date.

Stig, 2 points, we all know that there is no necessity to post details here about games, its just that some of us like the personal reports that come on here from time to time.

secondly, I think you are being a bit hard on voluteers in clubs - as you must know it is a labour of love and sometimes work and family committments must come first, as do other club related 'jobs' come first as well.

I have no doubt that those at parkway would love to have all the volunteers that they wished - that is not always possible, so therefor some things do fall behind. I am sure that no one regrets a slip in the web site more so than the Chairman but unfortunately we live in the real world. Yes critisize, the football, the singing, the club the pitch anything, but please not thevolunteers who run the club.

<_< Last week the match reports from St.Blazey and Falmouth were missing, where are they this week again. Lets not have that tired old soccer clichee ' You only sing when your winning'. Genuinely look forward to comments, goals, teams etc. cheers :blink:

Think that was a tad unfair on Falmouth-distant Shores.

There was a full documented account of the Ivybridge game on here last week and as I couldn't get to Bolitho Park I noticed that the game was covered very quickly on the Falmouth website yesterday, including photo's.

So that doesn't tie up with'you only sing when you are winning'

Talking of singing can Slic Vic and Guinness update us on the Parkway game at Truro last night as I know for sure the Treyew choir love a bit of banter and chanting from the opposition.

Seriously though does anyone know of the official attendance at Bolitho Park last Saturday as Parkway are the best supported SWPL(P) club even when Argyle are at home.

Mike Odgers. At short notice Truro requested a friendly mainly to give some of their fringe players match practice a good work out was had which ended 4-1 to Truro.Weather was atrocious but pleased to see the

pitch held up very well all the hard work has obviously paid dividends well done. The attendance for saturday approx 170 to be confirmed.

Guest Postie Pidge

Yeh thanks, Distant Shores is two years behind. Maybe Mike could help as he knows Roger.

Mike, are the Berry brothers Mark and Stuart related in any way to the great Roger?

I wouldn't know-but going back to the days(mid 90's) when Falmouth Post Office played in the National KO competition I chatted to Roger Berry in the Bickland clubhouse and the reason he was down was to see his son playing for Plymouth PO.

Perhaps there is a clue for you.

Also 'Pidge' do you remember those Former Player Profiles you produced? on Roger Berry his children were two boys.

Cannot help on the attendance Mike - but I understand truro won 4-1. have no idea what players were used by either side.

Cant say about the Parkway team,but the Truro team with the exception of the first half in which Joe Broad and Scot Walker played to work off injuries,it was the Truro reserves,also included were the right back and goalkeeper who were trialists (dont know there names).A very good game in rough conditions.

KIT.